Air Radar in Planes randomly doesn’t work sometimes.

Duece09
185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So I really enjoy flying. Not saying flying in this game is amazing I just enjoy flying in all battlefield games. Flying in this game Definitely leaves a lot to be desired and needs a lot of work. But sometimes the air raider I have equipped on my G2 and my VA just simply don’t work. It’s not all the time because they do work sometimes and sometimes they don’t. To the point where multiple times I’ve gone out of the game to check to make sure I have the specialization equipped. Is this just me?

Comments

• TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Had that happen to me to sometimes. Some planes show up, other just don't.
  • IvanFireBlade_GR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    also spotting camera doesnt work many times
  • Grandnightchamp
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The resupply mechanic is broken when an AA tank camps on it.
  • PrecisionWing
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Happens to me a lot. And if ur plane was destroyed, sometimes it wont show as available no matter how long you wait
  • l_water_l
    1543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm pretty sure there is a bug that stops some planes from showing on your radar. I know some games it will be specifically one pilot wont show after I have died or he dies but other planes will.

However, I was told in game the other day that the smoke screen ability, which I had thought to be utterly useless, actually removes your plane from radar for a period of time. This, if true, actually makes that spec worth something.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Happens to me a lot. And if ur plane was destroyed, sometimes it wont show as available no matter how long you wait

I wonder if this is a bug or some sort of "don't wait in the spawn" feature they put in the game.... I hate when thi shappens to me, I sit there waiting for my plane only to see someone else flying away without ever having seen an available spawn....
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    l_water_l wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there is a bug that stops some planes from showing on your radar. I know some games it will be specifically one pilot wont show after I have died or he dies but other planes will.

However, I was told in game the other day that the smoke screen ability, which I had thought to be utterly useless, actually removes your plane from radar for a period of time. This, if true, actually makes that spec worth something.

That probably is the case as that is how it has worked historically and on the ground using smoke on yourself removes spotting. But Smoke screen was never useless to begin with. It did a good job at throwing off ground based AA which allows you to escape if you've wandered too deep into their range.
  • Masqerader
    621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Duece09 wrote: »
    So I really enjoy flying. Not saying flying in this game is amazing I just enjoy flying in all battlefield games. Flying in this game Definitely leaves a lot to be desired and needs a lot of work. But sometimes the air raider I have equipped on my G2 and my VA just simply don’t work. It’s not all the time because they do work sometimes and sometimes they don’t. To the point where multiple times I’ve gone out of the game to check to make sure I have the specialization equipped. Is this just me?

You mean when a plane flies out of the 250m range, or gets close to the ground it doesn't work? Sounds like its working as intended.
  • TheSacar
    Masqerader wrote: »

You mean when a plane flies out of the 250m range, or gets close to the ground it doesn't work? Sounds like its working as intended.

That's not at all what OP was saying. An no, this doesn't happen only when out of the 250m range or close to the ground. If it does have to do with smoke as someone suggested i wonder why I have never sene smoke when checking my rear for one of those "invisible" planes....
  • l_water_l
    1543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Masqerader wrote: »

That's not at all what OP was saying. An no, this doesn't happen only when out of the 250m range or close to the ground. If it does have to do with smoke as someone suggested i wonder why I have never sene smoke when checking my rear for one of those "invisible" planes....

I think its two separate issues. The smoke might really be to take you off radar because it is absolutely useless in every other way. Its barely visible. There must also be a bug that is occurring that causes someone, even after they have respawned a new plane to be invisible to radar 100% of the time.
  • DOX_aus
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice cant even get main nose guns on bombers to resupply properly and your worried about radar :)
  • Goldeneagle2427
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was dogfighting the other day and noticed that my target was popping in and out of radar while he was hugging the ground. Sounds like below radar is a feature in the game.