Why Nerf anything?

mav_smileyface
1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Why not improve the performance of other weapons instead?

Just a thought not particularly radical thinking but maybe before ruining weapons people enjoy playing with work to bring other weapons up to scratch..

Comments

• SirSpectacle
    814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No, won't work. If guns are too powerful then it will make gameplay worse, even if all the guns are "fair and balanced". Just consider the TTK debacle, how changing all guns made for a big change in gameplay.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well I can’t think of any particular weapon I find particularly over powered

I know medic weapons need improving but take those out of the equation
  • Supawaffleman
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with the OP and I feel the same way about vehicles. Tanks, fighters and Bombers should be the most powerful weapons on the battlefield and the players who take the time to master them should have a sizeable advantage over the players who choose not too. In battlefield the vehicles should be the the focal point of the game, not infantry. That’s why we buy BF and not COD.
  • mav_smileyface
    I agree with the OP and I feel the same way about vehicles. Tanks, fighters and Bombers should be the most powerful weapons on the battlefield and the players who take the time to master them should have a sizeable advantage over the players who choose not too. In battlefield the vehicles should be the the focal point of the game, not infantry. That’s why we buy BF and not COD.

Absolutely agree regarding tanks..

I laugh when I see a solo tanker roll into the middle of an objective then succumbs to almost immediate annihilation

I’ve also played against tank crews who absolutely ruined our team! You get 3 guys real good players in a tiger or any tank for that matter they totally dominate

People seam to forget tanks are infantry support and if used correctly are savage
  • Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The only weapon I think could do with another balance pass is the KE7 and then only in hip fire mode. Only a touch mind doesn't need to be super nerfed
  • BaronVonGoon
    7008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Just a thought not particularly radical thinking but maybe before ruining weapons people enjoy playing with work to bring other weapons up to scratch..

Yeah that's the thought I was considering putting in my signature. We need to start a movement #EndTheNerfs.

Stop nerfing whats op and start buffing everything underpowered up to the standard of things considered op. Simple. Effective. Keeps guns lethal than turn the game into a marshmallow shooter. Unfortunately, people are so whinny they would rather you nerf the gun that made their panties in a bunch rather than buff the gun in their hands even if it's definitely underpowered.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yeah that's the thought I was considering putting in my signature. We need to start a movement #EndTheNerfs.

Stop nerfing whats op and start buffing everything underpowered up to the standard of things considered op. Simple. Effective. Keeps guns lethal than turn the game into a marshmallow shooter. Unfortunately, people are so whinny they would rather you nerf the gun that made their panties in a bunch rather than buff the gun in their hands even if it's definitely underpowered.

Isn't it simpler to adjust the few outliers (good and bad) rather than moving the whole median?

Is not to say some nerf calls don't get silly, but I doubt the smart guys & girls at DICE are using those to balance.

I think game is actually pretty balanced now, apart from some medic guns and the heavy tanks needing little buffs
  • mav_smileyface

Isn't it simpler to adjust the few outliers (good and bad) rather than moving the whole median?

Is not to say some nerf calls don't get silly, but I doubt the smart guys & girls at DICE are using those to balance.

I think game is actually pretty balanced now, apart from some medic guns and the heavy tanks needing little buffs

Tbh I also think the gunplay is fairly balanced other than medics
  • CSO7777
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is a game for 64 players. Having a few players "farming" the other 60 players is pretty bad.

Tanks/planes are still powerful in BFV, but not as stupid as in BF1/BF4, where the scoreboards were often dominated by vehicle players going 70-4 in a round.

Most of the players play infantry and the game should be balanced around them, this game should be fun for all and not only a select few.