Weekly BF

Kar98 is a BEAST

Gforce81
3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Starting to really appreciate the Kar98, becoming my favorite bolt action in game

Yeah, it's ROF is the slowest of all, but I can't get over it's fantastic projectile physics. Crazy fast shot, needs minimal to no lead time.

Even in close quarters, the speed has been making landing hits pretty reliable. I've been keeping the x6 scope on it at all times, trying to use the spot scope as much as possible so I'm not broadcasting my position at all times.

Sure, it doesn't have the ROF of the Lee Enfield, or the pure damage of the G.95 but it's so consistent with its bullet speed and lack of drop

Had a round on Fjell playing super aggressively with it, x6 scope in CQB and walked away as #2 on the team, best scout score, 16 headshots, it was a blast

Comments

• Zviko0
    1667 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can't get enough of it. So satisfying to use.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Its kinda like the Thompson. Super good but the lvl20 class unlock for a weaker class. Not many people have them so they don't think about it. It will most likely be needlessly nerfed just like the Thompson was once people start getting killed by it more, even though the class overall is weak comparatively.
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yea it's a good rifle for sure. It's a close second to the Krag-Jorgensen for me
  • thebossman2202
    398 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can confirm, I've been killed several times by this gun and thought "What just happened"!
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Right had upgrade tree, then iron sights only. With no scope glint, people think that they're safe to take a shot at you. With the bullet velocity and 'sniper bullets' upgrade, it's easy to stick with your sights zero'd at 60 metres and learn the bullet drop.
  • danosta
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is a great rifle, but only on certain maps, mainly the large ones. I stick to the lee enfield on maps like Rotterdam and Arras. But with fantastic assault SLRs, why even play the recon class?
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think I prefer the krag over kar98. But yes as the title says, k98 is a beast.