Please remove driver update requirement

stabbinhobo
568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
It's for the PC and we generally know what drivers work best for what we have. The Nvidia 4xx drivers you require I upgrade to in order to play the game have hopelessly broken surround on my system. My rig ran great with the 399.07 drivers through the open beta. Pls remove the requirements...

Comments

• V1kingH4mster
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's for the PC and we generally know what drivers work best for what we have. The Nvidia 4xx drivers you require I upgrade to in order to play the game have hopelessly broken surround on my system. My rig ran great with the 399.07 drivers through the open beta. Pls remove the requirements...

as much as i agree they arnt the only ones who do this even cod bo4 has this now, i think you can use one that is slightly earlier i think 2 back
  • stabbinhobo
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nope.. EA definitely not alone. But all the 4xx drivers break surround... and I run surround on 3x 32" monitors with SLI. the 399 drivers worked great in the beta and I had no issues. All the 4xx drivers have caused instability... sux.
  • GLENN37216
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    go to: C:\windows\system32\

Search for: nvapi64.dll and rename it to something else like: nvapi64_.dll

Run BFV and thats it! No more error due to nvidia driver being old!
  • stabbinhobo
    GLENN37216 wrote: »

Thanks.. that is one of the first "fixes" I tried... renamed it to old. Game ran like patootey after and IIRC it broke SLI as well. lot easier if they simply removed the driver requirements. Been a month plus now the 4xx drivers are wrecking my rig.
  • RayD_O1
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Thanks.. that is one of the first "fixes" I tried... renamed it to old. Game ran like patootey after and IIRC it broke SLI as well. lot easier if they simply removed the driver requirements. Been a month plus now the 4xx drivers are wrecking my rig.

Yeah they need to remove the requirements and let us decide what drivers run best for BFV,.

The 399 series drivers had a great SLI profile which they are preventing us from using.

• stabbinhobo
    Will probably never happen But I'm gonna bump this thread every time I gotta boot my rig twice because I'm forced to use drivers that don't cooperate with my setup to play this game.
  • RayD_O1
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will probably never happen But I'm gonna bump this thread every time I gotta boot my rig twice because I'm forced to use drivers that don't cooperate with my setup to play this game.

Yeah sadly you are probably right, although it wouldn't be hard for them to do it and I can't see what harm it would do.
  • stabbinhobo
    And another hard reboot caused by drivers that bork my rig... pls remove driver requirement.
  • RayD_O1
    What drivers are causing the problem for you ?
  • stabbinhobo
    edited December 2018
    RayD_O1 wrote: »
    What drivers are causing the problem for you ?

All the 4xx drivers.. every single one of them. Had a perfectly stable machine up to that point and the 399.07 drivers were perfect. Since having to "upgrade" to the 4xx drivers I get blackscreen on boot... the taskbar will often span all 3 monitors and the NV controll panel will not come up at all. Oh.. and those hard restarts often cause my 3TB raid to go into verify mode... just no end to the fun when forced off perfectly good drivers cuz some game dev thinks they know better than you what drivers to use. If I reinstall 399.07 everything works perfectly... just cant play this fuggin game.
  • RayD_O1
    That is so annoying no wonder you are frustrated.

• stabbinhobo
    ^^Yup.... get to experience this nearly every time I boot my PC.
  • GOA-Johnny-BK-
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is a way to get around this, I did it for BF1 but can't remember what I changed in the game files. I know for sure you have to edit a game file so you can run any video driver.
    Let me see if I can find it for you and I'll post here.
  • RayD_O1

I think you are referring to this post above.

Can anyone confirm if you use this method do you lose the ability to use the Nvidia Control Panel. ?

• GOA-Johnny-BK-
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No don't do that one, that's on the system side. It's a game file not system that has to be changed.
  • stabbinhobo

Can anyone confirm if you use this method do you lose the ability to use the Nvidia Control Panel. ?

Can confirm.. the control panel goes away as does SLI and Surround. Pretty useless for my setup, wish there was a game side patch or file to edit to 86 or bypass the requirement if DICE won't remove it.
  • RayD_O1
    No don't do that one, that's on the system side. It's a game file not system that has to be changed.

If you can find out which game file needs changing please let us know.
  • RayD_O1

Can confirm.. the control panel goes away as does SLI and Surround. Pretty useless for my setup, wish there was a game side patch or file to edit to 86 or bypass the requirement if DICE won't remove it.

Yeah that's what I thought.
  • absoluteone87
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I tried the workaround listed above and launched the game. I had 5-10 FPS so I switched it back and updated my nvidia driver. Maybe I did something wrong but ? Didn’t work out for me.

Hopefully someone has another solution for you OP. The more I play this the more bugs I find. TOW not tracking really annoys me.
  • RayD_O1
    I tried the workaround listed above and launched the game. I had 5-10 FPS so I switched it back and updated my nvidia driver. Maybe I did something wrong but ? Didn’t work out for me.

Hopefully someone has another solution for you OP. The more I play this the more bugs I find. TOW not tracking really annoys me.

Yeah another solution would be good. better still if DICE removed the driver check altogether.