Please remove driver update requirement

Comments

• Gattlin
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not having this issue but maybe you could try this @ your own risk ? set a restore point. https://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-driver-signature-enforcement-windows
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gattlin wrote: »
    I'm not having this issue but maybe you could try this @ your own risk ? set a restore point. https://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-driver-signature-enforcement-windows

If I'm reading that correctly it just removes the digital signature requirement to install the driver. This game will still check to see what driver you have installed. I wish there were a way to make the game think the 399 drivers were the latest 4xx... as dice still seems to think they know what works best with my custom built machine...
  • ZyGViking2121
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    Gattlin wrote: »

If I'm reading that correctly it just removes the digital signature requirement to install the driver. This game will still check to see what driver you have installed. I wish there were a way to make the game think the 399 drivers were the latest 4xx... as dice still seems to think they know what works best with my custom built machine...

They did that with BF1 as well, I don't know why they would even force this anyway, I used 399.24 for a little while and it worked better in the single GPU in DX12 then the 416.94 did, 399.24 also runs much smoother than 416.94 in Forza Horizon 4 which was one of the reasons I wanted to stay with 399.24 on top of the BenQ Display problem on the 4xx drivers, the 417 driver is not working great on my system, so there's that.
  • RayD_O1
    482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't understand why they force us to use drivers which are not suitable. Every PC has different set ups and we the users know what's plays best on our hardware. Please simply remove this forced Driver check and solve this problem.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Another hard reboot bump...
  • stabbinhobo
    And my RAID just went into rebuild mode after a hard reboot.. all 3TB. Comon DICE reply or remove this stupid driver update requirement. I'm not playing on a freakin console for a reason...
  • Dragam
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 wrote: »
    GLENN37216 wrote: »
    go to: C:\windows\system32\

Search for: nvapi64.dll and rename it to something else like: nvapi64_.dll

Run BFV and thats it! No more error due to nvidia driver being old!

Thanks.. that is one of the first "fixes" I tried... renamed it to old. Game ran like patootey after and IIRC it broke SLI as well. lot easier if they simply removed the driver requirements. Been a month plus now the 4xx drivers are wrecking my rig.

Yeah they need to remove the requirements and let us decide what drivers run best for BFV,.

The 399 series drivers had a great SLI profile which they are preventing us from using.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/168049/guide-on-how-to-get-sli-working-in-bf5/p1
  • ZyGViking2121
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dragam wrote: »

Thanks.. that is one of the first "fixes" I tried... renamed it to old. Game ran like patootey after and IIRC it broke SLI as well. lot easier if they simply removed the driver requirements. Been a month plus now the 4xx drivers are wrecking my rig.

Yeah they need to remove the requirements and let us decide what drivers run best for BFV,.

The 399 series drivers had a great SLI profile which they are preventing us from using.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/168049/guide-on-how-to-get-sli-working-in-bf5/p1

And here you go again, He's done tried this, Its a problem with the driver not giving him the option, would help to read the previous posts, but like I said before, you couldn't take the 5 min out of your time to read and understand what I type in your thread the first time lol.
  • Dragam
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

And here you go again, He's done tried this, Its a problem with the driver not giving him the option, would help to read the previous posts, but like I said before, you couldn't take the 5 min out of your time to read and understand what I type in your thread the first time lol.

Nearly all issues when moving from one driver to another stems from traces of the previous driver persisting and causing issues. Using DDU fixes these issues in the vast majority of cases - you have ignored this advice not once, not twice, but 3 times, and now i honestly can't be bothered wasting a single additional second on you.
  • stabbinhobo
    Have used DDU... and SLI works fine. The 4xx drivers simply do not cooperate with my rig. Whatever major changes the made to go from 3xx to 4xx borked stability and Surround. Booted to black screen again today. After I reboot I also need to go in and kill off the first 2 Nvidia containers in the task manager to get the Nvidia control panel working so my windows and taskbar are not spread across 3 32" screens.

This is not a driver installation issue... it's a driver issue.
  • Dragam
    Have used DDU... and SLI works fine. The 4xx drivers simply do not cooperate with my rig. Whatever major changes the made to go from 3xx to 4xx borked stability and Surround. Booted to black screen again today. After I reboot I also need to go in and kill off the first 2 Nvidia containers in the task manager to get the Nvidia control panel working so my windows and taskbar are not spread across 3 32" screens.

My reply was not to you, otherwise i would have qouted you.
  • stabbinhobo

My reply was not to you, otherwise i would have qouted you.

No worries.

3 hard reboots to get into Winbloze today bump.
  • RayD_O1
    482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And Nvidia release another driver without a BFV SLI profile.!
  • stabbinhobo
    And Nvidia release another driver without a BFV SLI profile.!

So far the 417.71 at least up to this point seems to boot into windows ok... surround still broken and the NVCP does not work. At a minimum this one should stop dorking up my RAID.
  • RayD_O1
    Glad something is working for you. Life would be so much easier if they would just remove the driver check and let us decide what's best.
  • spychodelics
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, this driver update reqiurement needs to go ASAP.

Nvidia Quadro User
  • stabbinhobo
    Nother bump to remove driver requirement....
  • RayD_O1
    Yes agreed, let us decide which driver to use, please remove.
  • stabbinhobo
    Up we goooo... nother boot.. nother NVCP fail..
  • RayD_O1
    Really annoying. !! Can I ask how are the 417.71 drivers performance wise apart from this boot issue. ?