Its time to nerf Turner SMLE and Gewehr 43!

WhiteRabbit_swe
619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
As title said! Many assault weapons needs nerf in this game, but these two should be top priority to nerf... They are so overpowered its ridicilous...

It can snipe me from very long range too easy, it has no scope glint, rate of fire very high, it has too high accuracy, too little recoil and too high bullet velocity...

Nerf them already, and then give these 2 weapons to the medic class!

Assaults should not be able to be snipers in this game, they already have everything else... Stop this already...

While your at it, they have more weapons need nerfs... Whole assault class is a joke, how can you release a game with them beeing this overpowered!?!!

Nerf all assault weapons and support (KE-7 etc), and most of these ”I feel underpowered as a recon and medic posts” will disappear... How hard can this be!?

Comments

• aseveredfoot
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with they need to be changed somehow, but. not really for the reasons you have.

My reasoning is that I still prefer the "weapons should be good at a certain range. If they are good at almost any range that presents a balance issue for a game where certain classes DO specialize at certain ranges" doctrine.

Medics are (supposedly) good at CQB. Scouts are long range and support is dual role with midrange lmgs and cqb with shotguns

In the games I've been in, both other players, and myself when using Assault's semi auto rifles seem to be good at any range. It's very easy to hipfire a Gewehr 43 or M1A1 in CQB and melt people, and on the other end, you can throw a 3x optic onto either and stretch the range way out. Moreso the Gewehr but it it can easily reach snipers as well.

It doesn't feel like many other weapons in game have that kind of versatility. And I don't feel like that's a good thing.

Dunno how I'd address it but I think it should be looked into.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    eb50bass wrote: »
    Give the G-43 to Recon, Give the Turner to Medic, and swap an SMG from medic with a full auto from Assault. Then we don't need nerf'ing, and we achieve balance. All problems solved.
    No, these two weapons would still be op... They need a nerf, no matter which class gets them...
  • GrizzGolf
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    eb50bass wrote: »
    Give the G-43 to Recon, Give the Turner to Medic, and swap an SMG from medic with a full auto from Assault. Then we don't need nerf'ing, and we achieve balance. All problems solved.

I'll support this
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1097 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Get good at the game OP.
    aka play only assault?

What gave me away?
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    Get good at the game OP.
    Get good at the game OP.
    If you are going to comment in my thread stop with these ridicilous comments and stick to topic instead...
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah but they lose to every decent weapon in CQC.

Low ROF and bad hipfire

As a assault you have to choose, if you pick Turner or Gewer, medics, supports and assaults with auto rifles will gonna destroy you in almost all CQC encounters.

If you pick assault rifles you lack a mid-long decent damage...and the recoil sucks at long range.

To me the game just need a buff damage to medics weapons (especially in CQC) and to tune down the glare of snipers scopes (It need to be visible but not a rising sun)
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree the assault class is way OP.. the guns specifically and amount of kit they get. Best guns in the game.. a pair of rpg's (3 if u tank bust) and a pair of rifle launched frags in addition to the one you throw. I've played every class to 20 but medic.. gawd the SMG's suck... I'm doing medic now. And by far assault was easymode compared to the other classes.. grab the STG and just mow the opponents down hipfire or ranged. I use iron sights with the STG and can usually hit people up to 300m off first round. If I equip any of the SLR's with a 3x scope (Turner, M1A1, Gewehr 43.. they are all awesum) it's not even funny as they have near 0 recoil compared to the scout SLR's and have much larger magazines. Oh.. and the assault 3x scope does not suffer scope glare like the scout class... so use it all day to shoot at snipers scope glint.. lol. The assault class is no doubt the one DICE decided they want everyone to play. unless you like to be a bipod warrior with one of the support weps.. they pretty IWIN with that bipod deployed as well.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    you fail to realise the gewehr and turner are RIFLES. what are rifles good at? long range combat as well as medium range. mabey you need to work on your aim and spatial awareness.
    Well, you seem to ignore that these ”rifles”, are outperforming recons SLRs at range... Recon should be the king of range, I couldnt care less if assaults are better then recon close up... Assaults should not be able to dominate like this... They need nerf...

Dont speak to me about aim... I’m pretty confident mine is bigger then yours so to speak...
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    I’m part of the “ let’s not ruin weapons by nerfing them to oblivion, but let’s look at buffing current weak weapons instead”. Team
    Well, then all recon SLRs need recoil buff!
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think maybe remove the hipfire specialization is a good idea. If you choose to play with 3x scope u should not be good with hipfire.

And if you have a iron sight, you don''t need it.
  • Zviko0
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Recon should get Gewehr 43 and it should have same recoil as ZH-29 or Selbstlader 1906. Muzzle velocity and bullet drop is fine.