I figured out how, and why, the censoring works....and how to actually use this to our advantage

F_LL_TH_BL_NKS
48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
Every time a word is censored in this M rated game...a game where the characters themselves yell out obscenities, we see these little characters: ********

At first, I thought it was to prevent people from saying bad things. Then I realized the irony of it all.

I realized these characters "*****" are actually little snowflakes to remind the snowflakes themselves that they're being protected. I thought it was a nice little touch that the developers chose these snowflake characters. Some people refer to them as an asterisk, but that's nonsense.

The developers used snowflakes to protect the snowflakes. :D:D:D:D

Comments

• ScreamingMinnie
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lol, never thought about that. What they COULD do instead of just using these "snowflakes" is to replace the selected words with totally random stuff for some funny effect. Like "coffe" instead of the F-word, or "hugs" for the N-word.
  • Remiwinkz
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People are finding out the real secret to getting around the filter. If you combine one word already on the list with any other word the filter doesn't pick it up. There are a lot of racially motivated people spamming the chat lately.
  • V4LI4NT
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I just write in Norwegian, And that satisfy me. :smile: Look...slask hestkuk rasshøl and so on.
  • VOLBANKER
    1112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One day I ought to sit down and explore that filter.

Will it catch d.i.c.k.head? :smiley:

etc. etc. etc. :lol:
  • lGuerillal
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    One day I ought to sit down and explore that filter.

Will it catch d.i.c.k.head? :smiley:

etc. etc. etc. :lol:

Yep it catches even arsenal and sex.
  • kdanger1972
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why does this matter? Who cares?
  • lGuerillal
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why does this matter? Who cares?

It matters coz filter even in squad chat blocks half of normal words.

For example if u type " I'd like to watch next Arsenal vs Manchester City match"... filter will block words "I'd" and "Arsenal".
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's a profanity filter, but it's intended to cut abusive behaviour, which it does to some extent. However, I had the 'Arsenal' problem weeks ago and just /facepalm. However, it's funny that some words aren't filtered, like a common, 4 letter word for 'poo'. Strange...
  • zenn_nme
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I only noticed some words are censored in English, but not in other languages; even though spelling looks similar.
    Wonder if 'snowflakes' is a censored word now... :D
  • Td05_RumpleWagen
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    you are not allowed to say "an alarm" or "an algorithm". Try it in game it picks it up as a n a l i think
  • Trokey66
    8604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But they're asterisks........
  • Necroholic
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When I typed "What are we gonna do" it comes out "what are we ********"
  • dude_ButtCabbage
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I just use the keyboard as in /\ for A, etc....
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Necroholic wrote: »
    When I typed "What are we gonna do" it comes out "what are we ********"

"****"