This Week in Battlefield V

Ridiculous, After 5 days from the purchase, still unable to end a single game!

ESGudjohnsen
10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hi guys, some days are passed and still cant end a single game. It crashes always! Every single game! Sometimes close itself and bring me to desktop, someimes just crash without doing anything else, and other times it freeze completely my pc, till im obligated to forcing turning off pc through main bottom. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.
-Latest nvidia driver installed
-Latest windows updates installed
-already checked differences between dx11 and dx12
-already repaired game files
-already uninstalled and reinstalled game
-already cleaned origin cache
-already flushed dns
-already tried to play with firewall off
-already tried to run game as administrator

My specs: i7-3770k, gtx 1070, 16gb ram, installed on ssd

Please, anyone with a fix?

Comments

• Huntinwabits
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    post your crash files up here
  • ESGudjohnsen
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    post your crash files up here

Where can i find these files? I also never received an error message
  • impulsive_tango
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Whats you pc specs. BF5 is very demanding. This demanding can cause the gpu and cpu to run at 100 percent. This can lead to overheating one or both cpu and gpu. What your tital system memory use and gpu use.
  • TFBisquit
    1622 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Reduce your overclocks if you have any.
  • SirSpectacle
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If your PC freezes completely, you have a hardware or driver problem, software alone can't make that happen. BFV is very demanding on your PC's so it's probably pushing it further than any game has before.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    Reduce your overclocks if you have any.

Sounds like an overheating problem.
  • ESGudjohnsen
    @impulsive_tango @TFBisquit @SirSpectacle @Red_Label_Scotch I though about something like that, in fact created this post on Reddit, but didnt find some useful information. I know its a bit particular question, but it also be the solution, really hope some of you have any idea how to to that: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/aaar6d/underclock_an_overclocked_cpu_in_an_oem_pc/
  • Td05_RumpleWagen
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How are you going to ever troubleshoot anything if you don't even know what your temps are and is your psu cutting it?
  • EdwinSpangler
    1779 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How are you going to ever troubleshoot anything if you don't even know what your temps are and is your psu cutting it?

Not everyone knows where to start troubleshooting..
  • TFBisquit
    1622 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @impulsive_tango @TFBisquit @SirSpectacle @Red_Label_Scotch I though about something like that, in fact created this post on Reddit, but didnt find some useful information. I know its a bit particular question, but it also be the solution, really hope some of you have any idea how to to that: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/aaar6d/underclock_an_overclocked_cpu_in_an_oem_pc/

You require MSI Afterburner. After opening it, you can adjust the sliders for core and memory clock, leave the others default for now. Press Apply button. Click on the lock sign and open it, then click on save, click one of the 1 to 5 numbers to safe it. Close the lock sign. Go into settings, click on the Profile tab, choose in Automatic profiles the 3D Profile, press on the arrow on the right side of the bar, there you will see your saved profiles, the one you just created included. Choose that one, then go back to the first tab and select Run with Windows. Press Ok at the bottom of the settings screen and it should stick to your profile.
    You can exit MSI Afterburner, then the clocks still stick. They will only default if you reboot, hence why you need to let it run at windows startup so it can run your profile again. You can just leave it sitting in the taskbar though. Riva Tuner is included, there you can specify which values you want to see in the corner of your screen. You have to enable it and choose a fast key for enabling/disabling the info when gaming. Some people don't mind having it on, but others do.
    You can select temps, voltages, fanspeeds, ram usage etc etc. Handy when you're gaming so you can see if your ram is stil enough, cpu is utilized etc.
    Ps. The latest Nvidia driver isn't always the greatest, you might wanna try some older driver. I use 416.94, some are even on older ones.
  • ESGudjohnsen
    TFBisquit wrote: »

You require MSI Afterburner. After opening it, you can adjust the sliders for core and memory clock, leave the others default for now. Press Apply button. Click on the lock sign and open it, then click on save, click one of the 1 to 5 numbers to safe it. Close the lock sign. Go into settings, click on the Profile tab, choose in Automatic profiles the 3D Profile, press on the arrow on the right side of the bar, there you will see your saved profiles, the one you just created included. Choose that one, then go back to the first tab and select Run with Windows. Press Ok at the bottom of the settings screen and it should stick to your profile.
    You can exit MSI Afterburner, then the clocks still stick. They will only default if you reboot, hence why you need to let it run at windows startup so it can run your profile again. You can just leave it sitting in the taskbar though. Riva Tuner is included, there you can specify which values you want to see in the corner of your screen. You have to enable it and choose a fast key for enabling/disabling the info when gaming. Some people don't mind having it on, but others do.
    You can select temps, voltages, fanspeeds, ram usage etc etc. Handy when you're gaming so you can see if your ram is stil enough, cpu is utilized etc.
    Ps. The latest Nvidia driver isn't always the greatest, you might wanna try some older driver. I use 416.94, some are even on older ones.

But i was talking about CPU, not GPU
  • EvoCyberNation
    95 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a Noctua NH-D15 and a 2070 XC Ultra RTX... That's all I have to say! Either go liquid cooling that can handle this game, or get a GPU and CPU fan that can take the abuse. I highly recommend the Noctua if you want to stay air cooled. The thing is a BEAST!
  • D5RAT
    2002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the crash to desktop seems to be very common . mine has done it twice tonight and friends cant even get through a game