120 hrs in. What's next? Small review and critique.

Darrenbattlelog
452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
So 2000hrs in BF4. 1200hrs in BF1. What have you all got in for time for BFV now? The game has it's good moments. The game unfortunately needs alot of polish. Especially on console. Hard to believe this is a xbox one x enhanced game. Here are some things that need to be addressed asap.

1.Servers and tickrate. I dont want to go the PC route. The X I have was touted as best thing to date. Unfortunately the supporting structure around the console is lacking, big time. Hit way around corners, the dreaded TTD bug etc. We need this done.
2. Legacy issues. Vaulting mechanic, prone, bipod mechanic. General movement needs some polishing. Notice on console when the action gets very hectic the onscreen seems to lag behind the controller action.
3. More maps. I like the tank map. Very enjoyable...if your in a tank. Needs more tanks available on that map. # of Maps in general need to increase. Rush mode needs to come back.
4. This is just a general rant. The game is touted as WW2. Sorry Dice. It may have the look at times of WW2, but it's like the bargain basement version of it. Biggest issues against this. No well known theater events. Grand operations feels like a slog. Where are the other factions? Russia,Japan,Italy,France to name a few. Naval battles? There are many more but I want to touch on the good things because there are many.

The things that work:
The tanks having to resupply. This is a big plus and keeps one tank from taking over the whole map. Thank god no artillary tanks sitting in out of bound anymore all game. Gameplay is good, when the server isnt a mess. I think all the gameplay video I see online is PC only. The console needs to be addressed asap.
The achievements. I like the way they work. You pick which ones you want up to 4 to complete. The only bad to this is you have to x out of a game to collect and put new ones in. The medic and support are in a good place. The classes feels pretty close to being balanced. Only issue I have is with the recon. To me it seems the headshot hit boxes are bit more forgiving than BF1. May just be the wonky server and tickrate of console though.

The game has big potential. Should have left premium or just charged more for the game and included a generous roadmap. The hands on workers behind the scenes at Dice I cannot fault them. They do what there told to do. Hate BF1 or not, the game was a powerhouse. Sold a ton of copies. Maybe didnt go in the direction some have wanted. But If that team would have worked on BFV with all the changes. I feel we would have seen alot more content and better gameplay. Still early in the life of this game. Dice/ EA really need to step this game up now. Alot of disenfranchised players who probably didnt/did buy this one and most likely wont buy another one if nothing changes. I'm not knocking the game, just honest criticisms. The whole TTK controversy really boiled over. I feel the gameplay for a PC player is leaps and bounds over what a console player experience is. I feel that may be the problem in a nutshell.

Comments

• xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3860 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited December 2018
    1- Netcode and TTD fixes are coming as they were doing testing on these right before the holiday

2- vaulting and bipod mechanics are also being revamped and fixed from the clips I have seen

3- more content is coming including Rush

4- they have stated that the game is focused on lesser known events/battles in WWII. Other factions are coming from my understanding. Hopefully they go back to the same GO format as what it was in BF1 at least there's been a lot of feedback calling for that

Yea I agree it's a PIA atm to change assignments so hopefully that will change in the hear future.

I'm pretty sure the same team that worked on BF1 also worked on BFV. There is basically the same amount of content at release of this game as there was in BF1.

The marketing was horrible leading up to the game along with a few other things which turned some people off and in turn made people hate the game before they even tried it out. It's one of those lose lose scenarios if you ask me. They take a poll from a community when BF1 came out on what the community wanted as the next BF game which was WWII. They create a WWII game on lesser known events/battles compared to the popular events/battles, which have all been done before, and people hate on it for whatever reason and say they wanted it be like a previous BF game. If they would made it exactly like a previous BF game, people would complain that its just a rehash and DICE suck for not creating something more unique hence why it's a lose lose scenario. I see this every time a game is released and unfortunately you cant make everyone happy.

Yes the game certainly has its fair share of bugs atm but this is the first time I have seen the Devs being so involved and communicating with the community to get them fixed which is great in my eyes. Hopefully in the next a few server patches a lot of the bigger issues will be resolved.

-CB
  • Darrenbattlelog
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Great points. I agree 100%. I hope the new patches fix alot of the annoying small stuff.
  • der_Metatron
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes the game certainly has its fair share of bugs atm but this is the first time I have seen the Devs being so involved and communicating with the community to get them fixed which is great in my eyes. Hopefully in the next a few server patches a lot of the bigger issues will be resolved.

-CB

They tried that in BF4 as well and the game was able to get better after 3 years or so. I like BF5 a lot, well the playerbase is overall pretty crappy and anti-teamplay. Thank god I only payed 35 Euros for it
  • Darrenbattlelog
    One of my online friends in the Netherlands wont buy the game even at 50% off. He said it
    Isnt cheap enough. Lost alot of online players from BF4 and BF1 that didnt buy BFV. Sucks.