Give shotgun to medic

anken555
47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
It would be more logical to give shotgun to medic. Support is a midrange class, not close combat. And with the smoke, the shotgun could be very fun !

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Shotguns were a fringe weapon in BF1, let all classes opt for shotguns.
  • anken555
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes for all class why not.
  • VincentNZ
    2157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would rather let them go to the Scout class, makes the most sense.
  • RaNdOmKils666
    643 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    +1 for all-class shotguns.

Also let the scout put 3x/6x optics on the drilling shotgun for the LOLS. :D
  • FantaPantz
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    anken555 wrote: »
    It would be more logical to give shotgun to medic. Support is a midrange class, not close combat. And with the smoke, the shotgun could be very fun !

Yes please DICE.
  • W38BY
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd prefer semi auto rifles for medics instead.
  • VincentNZ
    2157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GodWebby wrote: »
    I'd prefer semi auto rifles for medics instead.

Would be too good with self-healing and detrimental to teamplay.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd actually really like using the drilling as a medic. +10000
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Support is technically the engineer class and engineer having shotguns goes back to BF2.

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it but I'd ask why when you can hipfire+rate of fire spec a Suomi/Tommy to do basically the same thing but better (4 hit kill at 1000rpm is a one frame in 30hz environment).

A midrange option (e.g. pistol caliber carbines) would make more sense as Medic's second weapon class, IMO.
  • Ernie_Shavers
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Make Shotguns available to all classes. Recon & Medic make the most sense but just make them available to all classes.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Support is technically the engineer class and engineer having shotguns goes back to BF2.

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it but I'd ask why when you can hipfire+rate of fire spec a Suomi/Tommy to do basically the same thing but better (4 hit kill at 1000rpm is a one frame in 30hz environment).

A midrange option (e.g. pistol caliber carbines) would make more sense as Medic's second weapon class, IMO.

And medics had ARs in bf2.
  • darkkterror
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think medics need another close range weapon type. They need a range option. Semi-auto rifles make the most sense. Assault doesn't really need them as several of the assault rifles are already pretty effective at medium range, especially if you tap fire or switch to single fire mode.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    edited December 2018

yeah and they made all the other classes obsolete in terms of infantry killing aka bad design. Your point?
  • VindictiV_V

yeah and they made all the other classes obsolete in terms of infantry killing aka bad design. Your point?

My point is everything is different. Stop comparing to previous titles from 13 years ago. The devs clearly wanted medics to be CQC, assault and support at medium range and scouts at medium and long range. Thing is, while suomi and thompson are good at immediate CQC, they are outgunned by the M1907 and shotguns in their own niche, therefore medics don't actually even have a niche when everybody (excluding scouts) can compete as equals if not betters in CQC while also being capable of ruling over medium range engagements. Makes absolutely no sense, it's going exactly against the fact that medics are supposed to be king in CQC.

So one of 2 things will need to happen, either they give the CQC (0-25m) niche back to medics via a removal/nerf of CQC weapons/capabilities of the assault and support classes (but we all know this will most likely never happen because assaults and support will stop ruling at every range)
    or
    They make all classes have weapons GOOD and RELIABLE not only in CQC but also at medium range and therefore give medics weapons for medium range (or buff sub-600 RPM SMGs so they are) as good or almost as the weapons of the assault and support class. Same would apply for CQC weapons for the scout class. That way, every class will have weapons for every engagement distances with no class having an unfair advantage over another one.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle

My point is everything is different. Stop comparing to previous titles from 13 years ago. The devs clearly wanted medics to be CQC, assault and support at medium range and scouts at medium and long range. Thing is, while suomi and thompson are good at immediate CQC, they are outgunned by the M1907 and shotguns in their own niche, therefore medics don't actually even have a niche when everybody (excluding scouts) can compete as equals if not betters in CQC while also being capable of ruling over medium range engagements. Makes absolutely no sense, it's going exactly against the fact that medics are supposed to be king in CQC.

So one of 2 things will need to happen, either they give the CQC (0-25m) niche back to medics via a removal/nerf of CQC weapons/capabilities of the assault and support classes (but we all know this will most likely never happen because assaults and support will stop ruling at every range)
    or
    They make all classes have weapons GOOD and RELIABLE not only in CQC but also at medium range and therefore give medics weapons for medium range (or buff sub-600 RPM SMGs so they are) as good or almost as the weapons of the assault and support class. Same would apply for CQC weapons for the scout class. That way, every class will have weapons for every engagement distances with no class having an unfair advantage over another one.

yeah ok, a 770 rpm weapon with mediocre hipfire beats a 1000 RPM weapon with pinpoint hipfire in CQB. Solid logic.

Shotguns other than the drilling are worthless meme guns with their 8m max OHK range. Drilling itself is 2 CQB targets at a time max compared to SMG's that can squad wipe without much effort and are much more reliable with the trash netcode.

admit it, you're crying to get your preferred crutch buffed. I've played the class, and I've seen enough players with top medic stats compared to their others to know it isn't in any way bad or even nonviable. Self heals on demand are as they always have been a huge advantage when taking on multiple enemies, even with a range limited primary (partially mitigated by having 5 smoke grenades on demand to spam everywhere, anywhere)

Assault needs to be less versatile and recon less useless past spawn beacons. Otherwise classes are great.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Shotguns were a fringe weapon in BF1, let all classes opt for shotguns.

I like this idea a lot.
  • VindictiV_V
    edited December 2018

or

yeah ok, a 770 rpm weapon with mediocre hipfire beats a 1000 RPM weapon with pinpoint hipfire in CQB. Solid logic.

Shotguns other than the drilling are worthless meme guns with their 8m max OHK range. Drilling itself is 2 CQB targets at a time max compared to SMG's that can squad wipe without much effort and are much more reliable with the trash netcode.

admit it, you're crying to get your preferred crutch buffed. I've played the class, and I've seen enough players with top medic stats compared to their others to know it isn't in any way bad or even nonviable. Self heals on demand are as they always have been a huge advantage when taking on multiple enemies, even with a range limited primary (partially mitigated by having 5 smoke grenades on demand to spam everywhere, anywhere)

Assault needs to be less versatile and recon less useless past spawn beacons. Otherwise classes are great.

"yeah ok, a 770 rpm weapon with mediocre hipfire beats a 1000 RPM weapon with pinpoint hipfire in CQB. Solid logic."
    No SMG has "pin point accuracy'" when hipfired. Do you know that SMGs only have 16.6% greater spread when hipfired compared to ARs? Small difference when you have less than half the horizontal recoil (comparing M1907 vs suomi/thompson). Instead of talking as if you knew what you are talking about, why don't you look at the stats.

"Shotguns other than the drilling are worthless meme guns with their 8m max OHK range. Drilling itself is 2 CQB targets at a time max compared to SMG's that can squad wipe without much effort and are much more reliable with the trash netcode."
    Ha, the joke. SMGs can only "squad wipe" oblivious trash immobile players and if you are using one of the 50-roung capacity ones and you don't use more than 12 bullets for each. I'd like to see you pull it off.

"admit it, you're crying to get your preferred crutch buffed. I've played the class, and I've seen enough players with top medic stats compared to their others to know it isn't in any way bad or even nonviable. Self heals on demand are as they always have been a huge advantage when taking on multiple enemies, even with a range limited primary (partially mitigated by having 5 smoke grenades on demand to spam everywhere, anywhere)"

First: Smoke grenades aren't "on demand". You can only resupply them at crates on flags. Support pouches don't resupply any gadgets or grenades and support crates only give you 1 smoke for your gadget and don't resupply grenades. You also have to sacrifice your grenade slot for 2 smokes. ARs, LMGs and MMGs can just fire through the smoke until they get hitmarkers. Smoke isn't as perfect as you make it sound.

Second: Self heals are only good if you have multiple seconds of "break" between each engagement. Also, with the TTD bug we currently have, you are almost always dead before you can react. Can't heal when dead last time I checked. Also, you actually can take on way more people at once in CQC as an assault or support using your gadgets (grenade pistol, grenade launcher, dynamite, piat, panzerfaust) or a well placed bipodded MMG.

Third: While the class can work, as I said earlier, everything you pull off using SMGs, you can do even better using assault or support weapons.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    edited December 2018
    stats aren't out yet apart from some very dubious examples from someguy that can't be trusted.

I'm speaking from spread patterns I've sprayed at walls as well as in the test range (default settings so no pitting optimized setups vs meme ones as you keep doing) as well as my own anecdotal experiences playing the class and there the SMGs vastly outperform AR's from the hip. We're talking half the mag hits a target at 25m compared to maybe 2-3 rounds from an AR or LMG. If you're moving or coming down from sprint (as you would be in most realistic scenarios) the difference is even more stark.

No reason to give up DPS in order to use the 50 round variants unless you can't aim. 20 rounds is good for 3+ targets used correctly (e.g. 4-6 round tap bursts per target instead of dumping the whole mag at the first one) and reloads are fast, plus sidearms exist if you don't quite get the last guy in the squad. Same reason you ran the Automatico in BF1 instead of the Hellriegel, assuming both you and your enemies were above potato level.

If you manage to run through 5 smokes before resupply at any flag, you need to stop prone camping in the rocks between flags.

Of course, looking at your KPM kind of answers why you may have trouble there.

No, self heals are invaluable as they've always been, which is why in every single BF game up to this one the class with them has been the undisputed premier anti-infantry class (most disgustingly in BF3/4 where they also had all range dominant primaries and were literally the only class worth picking aside from Engineer for vehicle mains).

Of course, self heals won't help a poor player not get dumpstered in their first 1v1, but they will greatly enhance a decent player's ability to heal back to 100% between multiple engagements and keep up the pressure, or eliminate any disadvantage after taking fire from a random direction (assuming you weren't so poorly positioned that you couldn't reach cover).

Clearly you can't do everything better seeing as your medic outperforms your other classes. Even mine outperforms all but my tanker in SPM (the most important stat) despite it being my 3rd most used infantry class.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. But then we know that people asking for self-buffs is rampant here.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    Ha, the joke. SMGs can only "squad wipe" oblivious trash immobile players and if you are using one of the 50-roung capacity ones and you don't use more than 12 bullets for each. I'd like to see you pull it off.

Also specifically regarding this (because you asked), literally first round try playing medic on Narvik CQ
    DvoBA_JW0AAUJoI.jpg:large

weapons used to "squad wipe" were a 20 round Thompson and 30 round MP28 if it matters overmuch.

If an only slightly above average player such as myself can do it on demand, then medic is fine.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wanna see my album?
    troll-face-jeffrey-wong.jpg
    49135460_10211091429796317_13677688426332160_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=933c9a1b5814d25185a39d91e59a768b&oe=5CC89011