Dwindling servers

ronybaloney
268 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited December 2018
It's been pretty shocking how quickly this game has lost players recently. I love BF1 to death and was hoping the playerbase would be vibrant for another year or two (wishful thinking?)
I like to play Conquest on PS4 and West Coast servers. I can no longer fing populated servers other than a few DICE official servers running vanilla maps. I literally have not played maps like Fort DeVaux or Verdun in months. With the apparent demise of the RTBFV servers I havent played a Russian map in awhile either.
Question: Does BF1 still split it's playerbase between base game players and those with DLC and/or Premium? If so this is crazy. With a declining population DICE needs to make all maps available to all players. Havnt seen a populated "MIXED" server in forever let alone a DLC only server. I really miss playing all the maps.
DICE please!!!

Comments

• Forkbeard84
    1569 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I plsy ps4 west coast as well. There are still a lot of games going. But the maps do seem vanillaish. Still the game seems to be going strong to me. I’m thinking its got another one or two good years left. Especially since many like myself dont like BF5 and are playing BF1 instead.
  • ronybaloney
    I'm with you. I tried V beta and didn't like it.
    Do you know if DICE still segregates it's BF1 players?
  • Forkbeard84
    edited December 2018
    I'm with you. I tried V beta and didn't like it.
    Do you know if DICE still segregates it's BF1 players?

Well I’m a little confused about that. I know there have been several times the expansions and premium pass have been given away for free but I guess if you didnt get those you could end up with just the base game. I see the game ques still mention “premium priority”. So I guess even though many will have all the maps, some wont. With most of the people having all the maps, I’m not sure why the ones in the server browser seem so vanilla. Im going to pay more attention going forward.

The last operations battlepack was on Volga, Galicia, Brusiliv and Rupture and there were a lot of operations games going on those maps. So new operations battlepacks might give hope for new maps. Also remember us west always has less goimg on than us east.

Anyone else know why the expansion maps seem harder to find?
  • ronybaloney
    BF1 is my first Battlefield game. ( I don't know why BF4 shows next to my name??)
    But for those of you who play BF3/4 are all the maps available to anyone who would buy the game? If so I really hope BF1 does this as well. Playing the same vanilla maps all the time is making me play less. Maybe that's DICE's evil plan eh??
  • KnucklesNilan
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well this is tough to read as after playing BFV for a bit, I want to get back into BF1. I am already bored with BFV and I also have a few friends who are picking up BF1 as it is dirt cheap at the moment..
  • Quasar9111
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    slowly more and more people are leaving bf1 for bfv and other, but ill always keep coming back to this, I have found that after playing BFV a while, BF1 is easier and more fun
  • SandfootZepplin
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We have the same problem in the Oceanania region, the BF1 servers have been cut back with limited games available, this would be to make players move to 5, but like you guys many have have found 5 is a crap game, Ea have really blown it this
    Time
  • Forkbeard84
    Dont give up yet on BF1 yet guys. There are still plenty of games going maybe just not all the maps. The next Operations battlepack cycle could get us into some new maps. Also for you US West guys I found a great populated server in Japan with Supply Drop, War Pigeons, and Rush on a lot of different maps. I'm in California and have been playing on it. In theory I should have lag but I have not noticed it and gameplay has been great. I guess Japan's not really that far away from California (Relatively speaking) Let me know if you want me to post info on that server.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As Always, EU stays strong. Saw about 9 full mixed servers an hour ago :)
  • ronybaloney
    Dont give up yet on BF1 yet guys. There are still plenty of games going maybe just not all the maps. The next Operations battlepack cycle could get us into some new maps. Also for you US West guys I found a great populated server in Japan with Supply Drop, War Pigeons, and Rush on a lot of different maps. I'm in California and have been playing on it. In theory I should have lag but I have not noticed it and gameplay has been great. I guess Japan's not really that far away from California (Relatively speaking) Let me know if you want me to post info on that server.

Would love the info on the Japan server!
  • -Antares65z
    1634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 3
    I jumped on the PS4 yesterday late afternoon looking for west coast Conquest servers and there must have been at least 10+ Dice servers running the original maps. There was not even ONE Mixed Maps or any rental servers going. Maybe it's because most people are using Quick Match these days to find games? I put up a PS4 All Maps official settings server on the west coast last month. I ran it for a week and seeded it every day for at least 5-6 hours at a time. Not once did I get a round going. If you guys want All Maps servers going on the west coast, then you need start donating a little of your time and helping get a server going by seeding it. If you're not willing to do that, then stop whining about your server choices. Seeding is very simple. If you get home and don't plan on playing for awhile, just jump on a server in pre-round and most importantly, spawn in and then go hide somewhere so somebody doesn't kill you. If you don't spawn in to the map, it will kick you after 15-30 minutes. Then go AFK and check back later. You can sit on a server for multiple hours at a time. I started a west coast PC server doing this that eventually landed on 15,000 favorites. I didn't have a clan helping me seed either.

I will go ahead and put the PS4 All Maps server back up for another week on the west coast. Look for it, it's called FragShack. If it starts getting played, I'll keep renewing it. No traffic, I'll pull the plug again.

• -Antares65z
    1634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ..... Also remember us west always has less goimg on than us east.

For a long time it was this way. But with increased use of Quick Match, it's actually starting to become the opposite where east coast servers are dying before west coast ones. The reason being is that the west coast is the second to last time zone and QM will start depositing players on west coast servers since they're still populated due to the time/hour. I'd jump on a west coast server in the morning and at least 75% of the players had 150+ pings.

• -Antares65z
    I put up a PS4 All Maps official settings server on the west coast last month. I ran it for a week and seeded it every day for at least 5-6 hours at a time. Not once did I get a round going. If you guys want All Maps servers going on the west coast, then you need start donating a little of your time and helping get a server going by seeding it. If you're not willing to do that, then stop whining about your server choices. Seeding is very simple. If you get home and don't plan on playing for awhile, just jump on a server in pre-round and most importantly, spawn in and then go hide somewhere so somebody doesn't kill you. If you don't spawn in to the map, it will kick you after 15-30 minutes. Then go AFK and check back later. You can sit on a server for multiple hours at a time. I started a west coast PC server doing this that eventually landed on 15,000 favorites. I didn't have a clan helping me seed either.

I will go ahead and put the PS4 All Maps server back up for another week on the west coast. Look for it, it's called FragShack. If it starts getting played, I'll keep renewing it. No traffic, I'll pull the plug again.
  • ryandgeneral
    I play BF 1 on SEA Server and there simply is not enough Hongkong servers. It used to be around 25 servers now just 8???? Very hard to get in and add to that hacking aimbot invisible players are so rampant now. Is this how EA will force us to BF5? If so, this will only prove that it is truly not worth buying games from them anymore. I for one am very dissatisfied.
  • -Antares65z
    I play BF 1 on SEA Server and there simply is not enough Hongkong servers. It used to be around 25 servers now just 8???? Very hard to get in and add to that hacking aimbot invisible players are so rampant now. Is this how EA will force us to BF5? If so, this will only prove that it is truly not worth buying games from them anymore. I for one am very dissatisfied.

Have you considered moving to console gaming? Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but moving forward, I wouldn't expect much of an improvement on anti-cheat programs for these types of games. Cheating will get worse and will/is becoming the norm. Unless you're willing to pay for it, EA isn't going to invest the resources to combat it. PC platform just doesn't generate enough revenue to justify a big investment in effective anti-cheat systems.

• ronybaloney
    I jumped on the PS4 yesterday late afternoon looking for west coast Conquest servers and there must have been at least 10+ Dice servers running the original maps. There was not even ONE Mixed Maps or any rental servers going. Maybe it's because most people are using Quick Match these days to find games? I put up a PS4 All Maps official settings server on the west coast last month. I ran it for a week and seeded it every day for at least 5-6 hours at a time. Not once did I get a round going. If you guys want All Maps servers going on the west coast, then you need start donating a little of your time and helping get a server going by seeding it. If you're not willing to do that, then stop whining about your server choices. Seeding is very simple. If you get home and don't plan on playing for awhile, just jump on a server in pre-round and most importantly, spawn in and then go hide somewhere so somebody doesn't kill you. If you don't spawn in to the map, it will kick you after 15-30 minutes. Then go AFK and check back later. You can sit on a server for multiple hours at a time. I started a west coast PC server doing this that eventually landed on 15,000 favorites. I didn't have a clan helping me seed either.

I'll be looking for FragShack tonight when I log on.
    Thanks for trying to get something going!!! I've tried seeding servers before and it never works but as frustrated as I have been at the lack of non-vamilla servers I will be doing it more and more. It's also important for people to check 10+ slots on their server browser filters to actually see the slimly populated seed servers.

• -Antares65z
    edited January 4
    I'll be looking for FragShack tonight when I log on.
    Thanks for trying to get something going!!! I've tried seeding servers before and it never works but as frustrated as I have been at the lack of non-vamilla servers I will be doing it more and more. It's also important for people to check 10+ slots on their server browser filters to actually see the slimly populated seed servers.

With rental servers, you can build a following where it becomes the same server that players can depend on having traffic every day. That doesn't happen with official servers. One day an official server gets going and the next day it's dead. If you think you'll be playing BF1 for another year and want an all maps west coast server, come help get this one going.
  • ryandgeneral

Have you considered moving to console gaming? Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but moving forward, I wouldn't expect much of an improvement on anti-cheat programs for these types of games. Cheating will get worse and will/is becoming the norm. Unless you're willing to pay for it, EA isn't going to invest the resources to combat it. PC platform just doesn't generate enough revenue to justify a big investment in effective anti-cheat systems.

A fair point. They did charge us for the game and premium for preferred access that is why I expected more from them. As PC is my platform of choice, BF1 may indeed be my last purchase of this franchise.
  • Deadzmcgee
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As Always, EU stays strong. Saw about 9 full mixed servers an hour ago :)

Woo hoah! A few more and you might just beat DoD... a mod... for a game that came out in 1998 :wink: