Battlefield 1 is not smooth with a good gaming pc

geminiman123
1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
im having some major trouble, i just got a new motherboard and cpu, im running a EVGA GTX 1070 TI and an I7 8700k, 16gb ddr4 corsair ram temps are fine on the cpu, i uninstalled my graphics drivers and reinstalled it did not help, im getting constant 60fps i have tried turning vsync on and off and still noithing, its hard to describe, im not getting micro stutter but the game feels like its really choppy and it looks like im not getting 60fps, im at a complete loss for what to do and i need help

Comments

• zwolseballetjes
    843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You have the latest bios? All drivers including motherboard are up to date?You have 2x 8gb memory think. You place them in the correct dimm slot?. How other games run? You only have low fps with bf1? If you build an new pc you did a clean windows installation?
  • GetCancerPingers
    6359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You have the latest bios? All drivers including motherboard are up to date?You have 2x 8gb memory think. You place them in the correct dimm slot?. How other games run? You only have low fps with bf1? If you build an new pc you did a clean windows installation?

It would seem building your own car from scraps is easier than getting this game to run smooth.
  • geminiman123
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

OK so i figured it out, i had to reinstall geforce experience and yes the ram was in the same dimm slots, completely reinstalling all drivers including geforce experience it runs like a charm
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1085 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    probably future frame rendering. takes a bit to get used to. since you have a good system, you could turn it off. the difference for me though is 100 fps with it on vs 60-70 with it off.
  • Forkbeard84
    1512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Get a PS4? (Seriously it’d be a lot less maintenance and expense.)
  • Titan_Awaken
    365 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

OP has already solved their issue.

Just leave the platform war stuff out and let people use what they please. Each to their own.
  • Forkbeard84
    1512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

OP has already solved their issue.

Just leave the platform war stuff out and let people use what they please. Each to their own.

Just stating a fact for OP and others to consider. Changing out hardware and uninstalling drivers untill something works must’ve taken a lot of time and effort.

If he had a console he could have been playing the whole time.

Im a former pc gamer who has converted to console play and I’d recommend it to any of you who are sick of being on the bleeding edge.