Why has Battlefield V become a Call of Duty Clone?

Comments

  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    Pretty much all the coats. They are too slim fit compared to WWII era coats.
    https://i.redd.it/do6ykxq5go321.png

    All the uniforms in this game just don't look like WWII uniforms, especially the German ones with all the insignias and collar tabs missing. The ammo pouch vests? What is that? Why can't they make authentic looking uniforms like these ones?
    https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/military/character/german-infantry-wwii

    The coat in that screenshot appears to be "slim fitting" because of a pistol holster that literally holds the jacket to the players torso on all sides via straps. It's still a legitimate British military ww2 era trench coat. I agree it does seem weird to have the holster worn outside the coat.

    And the ammo vests would probably stem from...ww2 Mp40 ammo pouch "harnesses", that were worn around shoulders and waist, usually "open" and hanging by your sides, but could be "buttoned" essentially and worn like a vest.

    Here's a photo of German airborne troops from the Gran Sasso Raid in 1943 wearing them relaxed:

    e5Z6CvQ.jpg

  • YaDig07
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lol. This game plays completely different than BO4. I have both. You have no clue what you’re talking about...
  • SirBobdk
    3870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    YaDig07 wrote: »
    Lol. This game plays completely different than BO4. I have both. You have no clue what you’re talking about...
    Have you playes Cod UO and COD waw. Both had tanks and larger maps.
  • UnearthedCO
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    chas58 wrote: »
    Have played for three days solid this game is not battlefield! Multiplayer graphics are pure C.O.D. Endless customization why? even between games Who cares what colour nail varnish soldiers wear. Battlefied 1 for all its faults was a 100 times better than this rubbish but because every year there must be a new title rubbish must prevail games should improve not get worse. Everything about this game is a Retro step but to make it Call of Duty with bigger maps is the ultimate insult.

    BFV is nothing like COD. Have you played the cartoony BO4? COD WW2 has nothing on BFV. BFV just needs more iconic WW2 moments and that's about it. I'm already almost 70hrs in on BFV. I even bought my brother a copy of BFV just to play with me.
  • YaDig07
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2018
    YaDig07 wrote: »
    Lol. This game plays completely different than BO4. I have both. You have no clue what you’re talking about...
    Have you playes Cod UO and COD waw. Both had tanks and larger maps.

    I played hundreds of hours of WaW. The maps are no where near as big as BF and the vehicles are incredibly limited. Killstreaks played a huge part of the game as this was before they were toned down. BF V and WaW play nothing alike...
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    YaDig07 wrote: »
    Lol. This game plays completely different than BO4. I have both. You have no clue what you’re talking about...
    Have you playes Cod UO and COD waw. Both had tanks and larger maps.

    I think CoD WaW was the last CoD I played (not including the BO4 beta).

    I don't get these comparisons at all besides the fact that they're both shooters.
  • PrairieGeek
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really think they need to make a decision. Either they try to make it realistic or they just make a FPS. Realistic meaning do a little homework on the weapon mechanics. Balistics, attachments, etc. No machine gun should have 3x or greater optics. no SMG should eiter. Do the support class weapons have the ability to shoot 100m +, yes they do. But they did it with open sights. Same for SMGs. Sorry but glass optics were rare. I feel like they are trying to have modern weaponry skinned as WW2. And that is where it gets messed up. And I agree, who cares about what color my gun is or which hat I have on. Give me upgrades that make me a better soldier, pilot, tank driver, whatever.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    COD or Call of Duty should be censored on this forum. Who isnt tired of reading 'COD' on this forum?
  • Grandnightchamp
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Not a fan of bf5 went back to bf1 for some comparison bf1 is way better give bf5 a year maybe then it will be worth playing until then back to bf1 and bf4.
    Post edited by Grandnightchamp on
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    Pretty much all the coats. They are too slim fit compared to WWII era coats.
    https://i.redd.it/do6ykxq5go321.png

    All the uniforms in this game just don't look like WWII uniforms, especially the German ones with all the insignias and collar tabs missing. The ammo pouch vests? What is that? Why can't they make authentic looking uniforms like these ones?
    https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/military/character/german-infantry-wwii

    The coat in that screenshot appears to be "slim fitting" because of a pistol holster that literally holds the jacket to the players torso on all sides via straps. It's still a legitimate British military ww2 era trench coat. I agree it does seem weird to have the holster worn outside the coat.

    And the ammo vests would probably stem from...ww2 Mp40 ammo pouch "harnesses", that were worn around shoulders and waist, usually "open" and hanging by your sides, but could be "buttoned" essentially and worn like a vest.

    Here's a photo of German airborne troops from the Gran Sasso Raid in 1943 wearing them relaxed:

    e5Z6CvQ.jpg
    Actually, the vest is based on the Italian "samurai" vest, but the German soldiers didn't use them, so obviously DICE made it up. As for the coats that the British soldiers wore in WWII, they were loose, big and bulky, just watch the Dunkirk movie.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mass Stupidity in this thread.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mass Stupidity in this thread.
    That is true. This game is not a COD clone. That said, last year's COD WWII has a much better single player campaign and better uniform authenticity.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the Battlefield franchise has slowly become more like COD over the years. I think that's undeniable. That dose not mean that battlefield is the same as COD, of course it isn't. But it's more like COD than it used to be.
    Having said that, i haven't played COD since BO1.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    Pretty much all the coats. They are too slim fit compared to WWII era coats.
    https://i.redd.it/do6ykxq5go321.png

    All the uniforms in this game just don't look like WWII uniforms, especially the German ones with all the insignias and collar tabs missing. The ammo pouch vests? What is that? Why can't they make authentic looking uniforms like these ones?
    https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/military/character/german-infantry-wwii

    The coat in that screenshot appears to be "slim fitting" because of a pistol holster that literally holds the jacket to the players torso on all sides via straps. It's still a legitimate British military ww2 era trench coat. I agree it does seem weird to have the holster worn outside the coat.

    And the ammo vests would probably stem from...ww2 Mp40 ammo pouch "harnesses", that were worn around shoulders and waist, usually "open" and hanging by your sides, but could be "buttoned" essentially and worn like a vest.

    Here's a photo of German airborne troops from the Gran Sasso Raid in 1943 wearing them relaxed:

    e5Z6CvQ.jpg
    Actually, the vest is based on the Italian "samurai" vest, but the German soldiers didn't use them, so obviously DICE made it up. As for the coats that the British soldiers wore in WWII, they were loose, big and bulky, just watch the Dunkirk movie.

    That would make sense considering DICE already confirmed there aren't individual factions in this game just "axis and allies" (which is why things like American paratrooper helmets are cosmetics on the British team).

    And the guys in Dunkirk (the film) didn't have a torso-strapped holster worn on the outside of thier coats, otherwise I'm sure it'd hold the coat snug to thier body.

    The actual historical pictures I can find of British officers wearing trench coats don't appear as if the coats are actually that large and debilitating. There are very large great coats and riders coats from that era but the standard officer trench coats seem to fit well without a holster literally strapping it to thier torso as tight as possible.

    Here's a behind the scenes still of an actor in Dunkirk wearing a trench coat, it doesn't appear that large or unwieldy:

    DSC01099.jpg
  • bfloo11111111111
    208 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    skates15 wrote: »
    I Agree with the OP and would also like to point out that most everything about your profile, achievements, customization, etc are all stored server side, not on your local device. My point is that the game would run much smoother and loading times would be much improved without the plethora of server side coding to call up every little thing about your player.

    I'd like to have a straight FPS game with little customization, no achievements and focus on game play and mechanics.

    Let's get back to what made Battlefield great in the first place.

    The dream...
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    COD or Call of Duty should be censored on this forum. Who isnt tired of reading 'COD' on this forum?

    I mean, it is still useful to clearly delineate someone who has no idea what they're talking about.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    Pretty much all the coats. They are too slim fit compared to WWII era coats.
    https://i.redd.it/do6ykxq5go321.png

    All the uniforms in this game just don't look like WWII uniforms, especially the German ones with all the insignias and collar tabs missing. The ammo pouch vests? What is that? Why can't they make authentic looking uniforms like these ones?
    https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/military/character/german-infantry-wwii

    The coat in that screenshot appears to be "slim fitting" because of a pistol holster that literally holds the jacket to the players torso on all sides via straps. It's still a legitimate British military ww2 era trench coat. I agree it does seem weird to have the holster worn outside the coat.

    And the ammo vests would probably stem from...ww2 Mp40 ammo pouch "harnesses", that were worn around shoulders and waist, usually "open" and hanging by your sides, but could be "buttoned" essentially and worn like a vest.

    Here's a photo of German airborne troops from the Gran Sasso Raid in 1943 wearing them relaxed:

    e5Z6CvQ.jpg
    Actually, the vest is based on the Italian "samurai" vest, but the German soldiers didn't use them, so obviously DICE made it up. As for the coats that the British soldiers wore in WWII, they were loose, big and bulky, just watch the Dunkirk movie.

    That would make sense considering DICE already confirmed there aren't individual factions in this game just "axis and allies" (which is why things like American paratrooper helmets are cosmetics on the British team).

    And the guys in Dunkirk (the film) didn't have a torso-strapped holster worn on the outside of thier coats, otherwise I'm sure it'd hold the coat snug to thier body.

    The actual historical pictures I can find of British officers wearing trench coats don't appear as if the coats are actually that large and debilitating. There are very large great coats and riders coats from that era but the standard officer trench coats seem to fit well without a holster literally strapping it to thier torso as tight as possible.

    Here's a behind the scenes still of an actor in Dunkirk wearing a trench coat, it doesn't appear that large or unwieldy:

    DSC01099.jpg
    The vest is completely made up by DICE, it does not exist in the real world. The closest thing that looks like it is this, the Italian "samurai" vest:
    ITALIANWW2SAMURAIMAGAZINEVEST1.jpg

    Why are you defending their decision for the fantasy elements in the uniform designs? None of the uniforms in this game is remotely authentic. Take a look at this pic:
    ht8h8d9rh4j11.png

    Does it look like a German soldier to you? Uniform is completely unmarked and the color is all wrong. If I hadn't known it's taken from BFV I would probably thought it's a Chinese Nationalist soldier.

    China-soldiers-German-trained-px800.jpg

  • CaptainNoobcakes
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    obv because the lead dev is a soy boy.
  • warslag
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 1
    CoD is more successful than Battlefield so EA looks at CoD sales in terms of what could be.

    The way Battlefield begins to look like CoD might make it seem like a USSR vs USA style arms race but it's not. EA just wants to emulate the success of Activision.

    I don't think there is anything wrong with resisting the way Battlefield has been changing in favour of Battlefield games that we played in the past.

    If you're not involved in making EA a bigger company and you're a customer then you should demand the product you want whether it's more like CoD or something else.
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    chas58 wrote: »
    Have played for three days solid this game is not battlefield! Multiplayer graphics are pure C.O.D. Endless customization why? even between games Who cares what colour nail varnish soldiers wear. Battlefied 1 for all its faults was a 100 times better than this rubbish but because every year there must be a new title rubbish must prevail games should improve not get worse. Everything about this game is a Retro step but to make it Call of Duty with bigger maps is the ultimate insult.

    I'm not sure why people say this, BFV is clearly 2017s Battlefront 2 (not the first one, that was a good game) with loot boxes removed. The menus, end screen, weapon upgrades, MP map design. It shows how much EA Dice plays games out of the office, o wait, i'm sorry they don't.
Sign In or Register to comment.