Why has Battlefield V become a Call of Duty Clone?

124»

Comments

  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Popa2caps wrote: »
    chas58 wrote: »
    Have played for three days solid this game is not battlefield! Multiplayer graphics are pure C.O.D. Endless customization why? even between games Who cares what colour nail varnish soldiers wear. Battlefied 1 for all its faults was a 100 times better than this rubbish but because every year there must be a new title rubbish must prevail games should improve not get worse. Everything about this game is a Retro step but to make it Call of Duty with bigger maps is the ultimate insult.

    I'm not sure why people say this, BFV is clearly 2017s Battlefront 2 (not the first one, that was a good game) with loot boxes removed. The menus, end screen, weapon upgrades, MP map design. It shows how much EA Dice plays games out of the office, o wait, i'm sorry they don't.

    BFV is even less like Battlefront than it is COD.
  • HAIRYMAN-13
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I hate the cosmetic only customisation for weapons HATE IT!!! .. I don’t give a crap of my guns green blue or gold, character I don’t care either way
    battlefield 5 has its flaws there’s no denying but this is the evolution of bf I wanted with bf1
    as dice should keep what makes bf.. bf while adding touches here an there but that was so far removed from bf... it was just plain terrible and it was nothing but battlefront cloned,
    bf5 improves on the movement system doing it well, brings back weapon mechanics that work not quite perfect yet, brings back meaningful destruction ..we’ll mostly < narvik does it right.. and takes me back to bfbc2 x bf4... and considering I was a hardcore player and that dice destroyed HC with bf1
    Bf5 for the first type caters for both core and hc..were core players get to keep its map while hardcore get a more hc ttk with making the spotting mechanic cater for both were as it’s still intact for the core players with out feeling like a cheat sheet for the hc players, best or both worlds while keeping the player base together and happy... mostly 😀
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hate the cosmetic only customisation for weapons HATE IT!!! .. I don’t give a crap of my guns green blue or gold, character I don’t care either way
    battlefield 5 has its flaws there’s no denying but this is the evolution of bf I wanted with bf1
    as dice should keep what makes bf.. bf while adding touches here an there but that was so far removed from bf... it was just plain terrible and it was nothing but battlefront cloned,
    bf5 improves on the movement system doing it well, brings back weapon mechanics that work not quite perfect yet, brings back meaningful destruction ..we’ll mostly < narvik does it right.. and takes me back to bfbc2 x bf4... and considering I was a hardcore player and that dice destroyed HC with bf1
    Bf5 for the first type caters for both core and hc..were core players get to keep its map while hardcore get a more hc ttk with making the spotting mechanic cater for both were as it’s still intact for the core players with out feeling like a cheat sheet for the hc players, best or both worlds while keeping the player base together and happy... mostly 😀

    Seriously BF1 was nothing, absolutely nothing like Battlefront. Same game engine but that’s it, gameplay wise absolutely nothing alike.
  • parkingbrake
    2773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    chas58 wrote: »
    Have played for three days solid this game is not battlefield! Multiplayer graphics are pure C.O.D. Endless customization why? even between games Who cares what colour nail varnish soldiers wear. Battlefied 1 for all its faults was a 100 times better than this rubbish but because every year there must be a new title rubbish must prevail games should improve not get worse. Everything about this game is a Retro step but to make it Call of Duty with bigger maps is the ultimate insult.

    Ummmm in BF4 you could choose your outfit and gun skin, In BF3 I think you could also. now BFV gives you the option to go much deeper into skin customization as far as specific pieces of the weapon. But BF4 has the sheer number of different combinations for uniforms/weapons/vehicle skins than BF1 or BFV combined as of right now. IN BF4 you had 146 different camo skins you could put on your weapons and vehicles. And 45 different outfits for your soldier. So I am not sure where all this hostility is.

    Careful, they don't like to be reminded that they making up their complaint as they go and that said complaint is shall we say factually challenged.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Speaking of COD WW2 is 48 dollars after tax for PS Plus members. The deluxe version with everything.

    Since I got this deluxe cheap I really wanted to try it out. I know it will be very different, but does anybody here like COD WW2?
  • PixelSquish
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I launched COD WW2 and BO4 the last two days to remind myself what they were like. Anyone who says BFV reminds them of COD is completely ridiculous and really totally oblivious to reality.l The graphics are COD? HOly moly batman.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't say it feels like COD, but it sure feels like garbage. They continue to stray further and further from their most liked games, Bad Company 2 and earlier.
  • Stahlmach
    1145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    chas58 wrote: »
    Have played for three days solid this game is not battlefield! Multiplayer graphics are pure C.O.D. Endless customization why? even between games Who cares what colour nail varnish soldiers wear. Battlefied 1 for all its faults was a 100 times better than this rubbish but because every year there must be a new title rubbish must prevail games should improve not get worse. Everything about this game is a Retro step but to make it Call of Duty with bigger maps is the ultimate insult.

    Ummmm in BF4 you could choose your outfit and gun skin, In BF3 I think you could also. now BFV gives you the option to go much deeper into skin customization as far as specific pieces of the weapon. But BF4 has the sheer number of different combinations for uniforms/weapons/vehicle skins than BF1 or BFV combined as of right now. IN BF4 you had 146 different camo skins you could put on your weapons and vehicles. And 45 different outfits for your soldier. So I am not sure where all this hostility is.

    Careful, they don't like to be reminded that they making up their complaint as they go and that said complaint is shall we say factually challenged.

    How many of them were Golden Skins ? Or some Chrome stupidity ?
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Speaking of COD WW2 is 48 dollars after tax for PS Plus members. The deluxe version with everything.

    Since I got this deluxe cheap I really wanted to try it out. I know it will be very different, but does anybody here like COD WW2?
    I do. But I only played the campaign, this year I skipped because no campaign.
    Popa2caps wrote: »
    chas58 wrote: »
    Have played for three days solid this game is not battlefield! Multiplayer graphics are pure C.O.D. Endless customization why? even between games Who cares what colour nail varnish soldiers wear. Battlefied 1 for all its faults was a 100 times better than this rubbish but because every year there must be a new title rubbish must prevail games should improve not get worse. Everything about this game is a Retro step but to make it Call of Duty with bigger maps is the ultimate insult.

    I'm not sure why people say this, BFV is clearly 2017s Battlefront 2 (not the first one, that was a good game) with loot boxes removed. The menus, end screen, weapon upgrades, MP map design. It shows how much EA Dice plays games out of the office, o wait, i'm sorry they don't.

    BFV is even less like Battlefront than it is COD.
    Animations-wise, they're almost identical copypasta . In fact, SWBF, BF1, SWBF2 and BFV shared a lot of the same animations.

  • xKusagamix
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Speaking of COD WW2 is 48 dollars after tax for PS Plus members. The deluxe version with everything.

    Since I got this deluxe cheap I really wanted to try it out. I know it will be very different, but does anybody here like COD WW2?
    I do. But I only played the campaign, this year I skipped because no campaign.
    Popa2caps wrote: »
    chas58 wrote: »
    Have played for three days solid this game is not battlefield! Multiplayer graphics are pure C.O.D. Endless customization why? even between games Who cares what colour nail varnish soldiers wear. Battlefied 1 for all its faults was a 100 times better than this rubbish but because every year there must be a new title rubbish must prevail games should improve not get worse. Everything about this game is a Retro step but to make it Call of Duty with bigger maps is the ultimate insult.

    I'm not sure why people say this, BFV is clearly 2017s Battlefront 2 (not the first one, that was a good game) with loot boxes removed. The menus, end screen, weapon upgrades, MP map design. It shows how much EA Dice plays games out of the office, o wait, i'm sorry they don't.

    BFV is even less like Battlefront than it is COD.
    Animations-wise, they're almost identical copypasta. In fact, SWBF, BF1, SWBF2 and BFV shared a lot of the same animations.
    tbh, it's as expected because both SWBF1 and SWBF2 used the same game engine as Battlefield. It's all Frostbite Engine 3.0
  • UglyNoah
    1234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope when new gen consoles come out that the new battlefield will really consume all expectations
  • olT3lo
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    The annual release cycle is sickening, hopefully they can make it two years before they try and milk everybody again.

    There isn't an annual release cycle - in fact quite the opposite...

    BF3 - 2011
    BF4 - 2013
    BF hardline - 2015
    BF1 - 2016
    BF5 - 2018

    In fact you could argue the earlier games had an annual cycle:

    BF Vietnam - 2004
    BF2 - 2005
    BF 2142 - 2006
    BF BC - 2008
    BF 1943 - 2009
    BF BC2 - 2010
    BF3 - 2011

    I don't know how Dice work but I imagine there's a team dedicated to the core dev work of a new game, with some of that team retained to output DLC and updates. There's probably a different team whom work on Battlefront games and another responsible for the frostbite engine.

    Also the customisation in BF5 is nowhere near as in-depth as BF4 was - that had 4x gun types for each class, each with reticle, grip, barrel and mag mods. There were skins for guns (over 100 of them) plus outfits for your avatar and a gazillion dog tags.


    The franchise isn't on an annual release cycle, but DICE is at this point. Forget Battlefront 1 and 2?
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    olT3lo wrote: »
    The annual release cycle is sickening, hopefully they can make it two years before they try and milk everybody again.

    There isn't an annual release cycle - in fact quite the opposite...

    BF3 - 2011
    BF4 - 2013
    BF hardline - 2015
    BF1 - 2016
    BF5 - 2018

    In fact you could argue the earlier games had an annual cycle:

    BF Vietnam - 2004
    BF2 - 2005
    BF 2142 - 2006
    BF BC - 2008
    BF 1943 - 2009
    BF BC2 - 2010
    BF3 - 2011

    I don't know how Dice work but I imagine there's a team dedicated to the core dev work of a new game, with some of that team retained to output DLC and updates. There's probably a different team whom work on Battlefront games and another responsible for the frostbite engine.

    Also the customisation in BF5 is nowhere near as in-depth as BF4 was - that had 4x gun types for each class, each with reticle, grip, barrel and mag mods. There were skins for guns (over 100 of them) plus outfits for your avatar and a gazillion dog tags.


    The franchise isn't on an annual release cycle, but DICE is at this point. Forget Battlefront 1 and 2?

    Such has always been the case, I don't see your point. Even between older BF titles only on pc, DICE was developing other games simultaneously.

    Regardless of what BF game is your favorite, it was developed alongside other games and had the same development cycle as every other BF title.
  • BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Speaking of COD WW2 is 48 dollars after tax for PS Plus members. The deluxe version with everything.

    Since I got this deluxe cheap I really wanted to try it out. I know it will be very different, but does anybody here like COD WW2?

    It's the same ol' spastic CoD with WWII skins and small maps.
    Too hectic and fast-paced for me.
    I think it's because my attention span is well-developed.
  • crixus82
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I occasionally play cod to brush up on my aim. I can honestly say, can someone please close this nonsense?
  • MAJWolfcookies
    446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is far from a COD clone! COD actually works!
  • M_Rat13
    724 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wasn't bf1 meant to be like COD? And bfv is the complete opposite to bf1 in terms of design. Yet both can somehow feel the same (like COD)?

    I'm confused. Am I missing something?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!