Think I'm Getting Too Old for this Game

DieHarder55
79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Got BFV for a Xmas present from my son. Been busy with RDO so fired it up yesterday and played TOW for about 4 hours after reading recommendations at BFV website on how to set up BFV to play.

While reflexes are still good, being close to retirement I know they aren't as quick as they used to be. But I enjoy Battlefield because it wasn't all fast pace action. I could thrown in some tactic planning and succeed. Only a breakeven k/d ratio so I will never claim to be great but I play the objectives and my roles as support or healer. If I'm squad leader, I assign flags, etc.

Lucky if I broke .25% kd ratio yesterday. Half my deaths were by sniper, I say 25% was by players I couldn't see straight ahead of me and the rest, my KE7 just didn't seem to kill quick enough. Felt like so many 1 hit deaths by all kinds of guns even when I had the drop on players.

Players running all over the place. So many teammates that I saw use cover seem to die by sniper as they checked to see if it was clear. Just like me.

Also every TOW match I played I was on the losing side for four hours straight. Went 0-15 one match and I have never done that.

I certainly don't mind how games evolve/change but I wonder if I've been passed by completely with this game.

Just playing support for now as I try to learn the maps so if there is a recommended gun or guns to use for support as I rank up, I'm all ears. Also any recommendations for specialization for those particular weapons would be appreciated too.

And any settings suggestions for controls, display etc. I'll be looking for suggestions on YouTube videos also.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    5366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some of these problems are just things waiting to be patched
  • DemonsofRazgriz
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First, I guarantee that you did not die 1:2 to snipers. Assault makeup 50% of games and you most likely died to a camping assault player with their Semi-autos (they handle much like fast firing snipers). The KE7 is the best support weapon in the game. It lacks recoil, has good accuracy and rate of fire. It sounds like you just need to practice with the gun.

The 1 hit deaths are currently a bug where the game doesn't inform you that you've been shot multiple times and all show up at once on your screen, making it seem like you died to one shot.

I prefer Conquest myself, games fluctuate wildly and you have more direct control over whether or not you win, though you are still one in 32 players but still.
  • Grimace73
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is RDO?
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Agreed with Demons. The KE7 is a beast of a gun and quite possibly the best all-around Support weapon, if not one of the best guns in the game, period. And it already comes pre-spec'd with some excellent stuff (like higher ROF, which makes a huge difference).

That being said, Battlefield V is not an easy game. There's no more 3D spotting, environments are more complex than ever before (which can make seeing enemies very challenging), and death often comes in an instant.

You just need practice and patience.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a very different game from the last BF. Takes a decent amount of time to acclimate and build up some weapon perks.
  • StupidNameHere
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You must first lose to learn how to win. This game is rough. Prefer it on console so everyone is more equal and macros are a distant memory.

Dude above me,

Smgs don't kill that fast. Only the tommy and brother that beast is locked behind DAYS.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1435 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You must first lose to learn how to win. This game is rough. Prefer it on console so everyone is more equal and macros are a distant memory.

Dude above me,

Smgs don't kill that fast. Only the tommy and brother that beast is locked behind DAYS.

I'm getting killed from Stens left and right. AND Medics are apparently getting buffed. Unplayable mess.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    StingX71 wrote: »
    I'm 47 and almost have a 2 KD and play aggressively. Play with guys in their 20/30's that barely manage a 1KD.

Game is a meat grinder compared to other BF's. This is CoD XL. One of the developers in a CoD player (recently banned), I believe his influence is heavily seen in this game. To it detriment imho.

Still wondering why we don't see any 32/48 cQ player servers, that would settle the game down a bit imho. Had 30 or so friends buy BF1, all but 3-5 were still playing after 3 months. 5 bought V, I'm the only one playing as of now. Main reasons, only 64 player CQ servers. Too chaotic the way it is now.

Well that's a big answer too the issue right there, with the 32 player servers on the bigger maps (meaning, other than frontlines and domination). If they gave us that choice, it wouldn't be near as chaotic and more fun to play.

Maybe they'll do it though, being i'm seeing 'match size" options in the server browser that i never seen before on console. It''s just if you choose it, there's no servers. But if they can get that up and running,, that would be a big help.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Dude above me,

Don't kid yourself about no macro's on console. There's plenty of controllers that use PC apps etc... to make 'custom profiles' that you can save to the controllers memory, or just controllers that have an autofire switch.

As for SMG's killing speed, I was highlighting the TTD nonsense which gives people the impression that they've been killed with just one bullet from a weak damage source such as an SMG or pistol. The Sten is a great weapon to use, it's damage and RoF is low, but with the accuracy mods it performs extremely well.

That's the biggest broken thing about the game, some people can fill a target with bullets, only for the target to turn around and kill them with what appears to be a one hit kill. It's got nothing to do with skill, reaction speed, hardware or net connection, there's just something seriously wrong with the game code or servers.

It's like everyone else is on a 60Hz tick server, but you're only sending and receiving updates at 3Hz.
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm 40.
    Been playing BF since the beginning. Started on PC with 1942, Vietnam, 2142, BF2. Switched to console with BF3. Have BF4, BF1, now BFV. BFV is the fastest I have played. It is all faster. I personally don't like the huge maps with 64 players. You get wasted fast due to all the open space. I like the smaller modes of Domination and Frontlines as they are 32 player max and you have a bit more wiggle room to get a feel for things. I hear you on the KD. I have a KD that generally measures in decimals. as in less than 1.
    I have followed the settings guide in this video and it helped to smooth things out a lot.https://youtube.com/watch?v=NmC0En50eA8
    Since following these settings I have been able to get KD up in 1 or 2 for a few games.
    I don't know if this is a holy grail for settings but it definitely helped me get more dialed in. I was all over the place and it felt too jumpy. I can see other players better. I personally am playing mostly medic right now primarily due to the lower recoil in the SMGs until I get more used to the aim and movement.
    I find the biggest boost to my gameplay is finding people that are mic'd up and you can work together with. It depends on your goal. If you want KD, start sniping or build up those support LMGs with bipod. If you like to play objective and win, teamwork is essential in BFV
  • bootsam2
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Keep moving. Minimap kiddies will zoom into you anyways. Dont rush into places. Reload all the time. Keep moving. PTO. It will come.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    SOULJ4R wrote: »
    I mostly get killed by near invisible campers using a MG with bipod or any class other than recon doing the same thing.

That damn MG needs a big..fat...nerf. Tired of getting killed across the map by these scoped wonders, beating me with a Gew or ironsight rifle. Scope glint EVERY one with a scope.
  • Kiwicut
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Kiwicut
    Post edited by Kiwicut on