It's time to end the animations experiment. All of them

0SiGHT0
455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
The animations that have been slowly creeping their way into the Battlefield Franchise have far overstayed their welcome. The disruption of fluid gameplay and their buggy, inconsistent implementation that seemingly will never get fixed with Frostbite needs to result in their elimination. No one wants to lunge through windows, over every little rock, through every door, in and out of every vehicle, etc. Animations add nothing to the gameplay or immersion and in a fast-paced shooter and are only fundamentally detrimental to its performance. No one wants them, no one ever wanted them, but as is DICE's newfound way, they continue to push them on its player base. Please rid your games of the atrocious and broken animations to improve the quality of life of your dying franchise.

EDIT: The point of this topic is for game changing animations that will result in a lesser experience/get you killed, NOT from a visual perspective.
Post edited by 0SiGHT0 on

Comments

• xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's incredible we were just talking about this in regards t the bleed out animation, that is just not necessary. Just press the A button to skip should be the answer there. All this does, is add to the respawn on a fast TTK, frustrating more players.
  • eb50bass
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The only animations I enjoy are the melee's. I like to see my guy ram a knife into him and then for good measure punch him in the face! I've also choked out a guy with an arm bar. Good stuff. Other then those I could do without the rest.
  • trip1ex
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yeah can't stand them.

• Trokey66
    7621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only annoying one is the vehicle exit as you are limited to exit points.

But hey, it is something else to whinge about.

What's next I wonder, have we done trees yet?
  • TropicPoison
    2171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Well there was the tiniest things on rotterdam that should never stop a tank but they do...reminds me of getting stuck on tree stumps in BF4...
  • warslag
    1215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Game producers and people in the film industry see games as the heir to films. They are always trying to make the new technology fit the old.

People complain about too much CGI in films and they complain about too much animation in games.

I think games should have a stricter criteria to be called a game. If it has too much animation it becomes interactive and calling something like that a game is misleading.

An example would be the way in some Battlefield games a player's avatar would automatically flinch and duck when shot at. That kind of animation is completely game-breaking.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What in the world are you talking about? Do you know how many things associated with animations get you killed or are outright broken?
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Well there was the tiniest things on rotterdam that should never stop a tank but they do...reminds me of getting stuck on tree stumps in BF4...

You can still do that with the Staghound, I know, I was unfortunate enough to have it happen. :p
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Grimace73 wrote: »
    I hate the sound when you finally bleed out and die. Very repetitive.

...and you always flop over to the right when you expire. Can't we flop to the left for a change?
  • trip1ex
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    These animations are why Uber ridership was down in BF1 and even farther down in BFV.
  • Trokey66
    7621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It was the yellow kerb on Grand Bazaar that got me, everytime!
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »

What in the world are you talking about? Do you know how many things associated with animations get you killed or are outright broken?

Go on then, enlighten me......