Can Someone Please Explain

One_Called_Kane
194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
How the following shots are bodyshots?
https://media.giphy.com/media/1BdrweMxxnVSBfj8Ei/giphy.gif
Maybe I'm missing something here, but the only thing sticking up is the guys' head, right? I've been playing since 1942 and this is the first one where this has been a regular occurrence for me. I dunno, maybe I'm just getting worse, but maybe one of you understands this better than I do and can explain if I'm doing something wrong here or if I've just been getting networked.

Comments

• Abonsam
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2019
    You had two shots but I can't see what part of the player is visible to you (head? head+neck? shoulder? gif is pretty small to see exactly what you can see)

My guess is that:
    1° headshots must be pretty precise with sniper to be counted as headshots.
    2° your gun is fixed to shoot precisely up to 60m. That toon is further/farther away, so the bullet drops and you hit 'neck' instead of 'head'?
    3° since your snipe gun has bipod, that could influence your aim when standing.
  • One_Called_Kane
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. My concern isn't missing the head, it's hitting the head and having it not count, which is what I am experiencing. Or feel like I am anyways.
    2. The only part of the target that is exposed is his head, if I'm hitting his body I must be shooting through the ground. Not saying this isn't the case, but if it is hopefully someone here can clarify.
    3. If it is it is not hinted at or explained anywhere in the game. I'll try switching or removing it and see if that changes anything, I guess.

I guess the gif is pretty crappy, it looked better when I made it, my apologies. Here is the original vid if that helps, excuse the whining.
  • rainkloud
    593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    There's a lot more than just his head showing there. As Abonsam correctly points out, you have your rifle set for 60m and that target appears to be beyond that. Your weapon is aimed right at what I would presume to be the lower boundary of the head hitbox. Naturally, aiming there with your rifle set to 60m will result in shots that fall just under the head hitbox. I suggest slowing the video down to .25 speed to see exactly what is happening.
  • HairballHacker
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. My concern isn't missing the head, it's hitting the head and having it not count, which is what I am experiencing. Or feel like I am anyways.
    2. The only part of the target that is exposed is his head, if I'm hitting his body I must be shooting through the ground. Not saying this isn't the case, but if it is hopefully someone here can clarify.
    3. If it is it is not hinted at or explained anywhere in the game. I'll try switching or removing it and see if that changes anything, I guess.

I guess the gif is pretty crappy, it looked better when I made it, my apologies. Here is the original vid if that helps, excuse the whining.

I've hit the head at nearly point blank range at times with a self-loading rifle (the 1906 I think it was) and it did not one-shot. I just assumed it was a bug.
  • mf_shro0m
    2362 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Abonsam wrote: »
    You had two shots but I can't see what part of the player is visible to you (head? head+neck? shoulder? gif is pretty small to see exactly what you can see)

My guess is that:
    1° headshots must be pretty precise with sniper to be counted as headshots.
    2° your gun is fixed to shoot precisely up to 60m. That toon is further/farther away, so the bullet drops and you hit 'neck' instead of 'head'?
    3° since your snipe gun has bipod, that could influence your aim when standing.

Having a bipod influences your aim when standing?
  • Tullzter
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    looks like you hit the neck and shoulder area
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You are not hitting the head, this is quite easy to see, just play the video at slow speed. Basically your aim is at the chin/jaw area so only 2 cm drop, or target moving the slightest, and you will hit below the head. I mostly align the horisontal part of the cross hair to the top of the head minus a few pixels. Then even with a drop you'll get a head shot if the distance is not VERY long without worrying about the drop of different rifles.
  • StJames0024
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If that is the Kar98k, then yes you can easily get "false headshot". The rifle works differently than other rifles like the Lee No. 4 which I use at over 60m with rifle set to 60m and get headshots 9/10 times. With the Kar98k getting headshots can be tricky if rifle is set to 60m. Set rifle to 150m and you'll be getting headshots from 60m all the way up to 250m before to you have to up it to 300m. Also use low drag rounds for better accuracy at distance. Given the fact that you are using what appears to be the Kar98k set at 60m, firing at a target probably at 70m and not aiming at the TOP of said targets head, it is highly likely what you are experiencing is a combination of human error and bullet drop.

Tip: looking at what I saw in your video, your play style probably doesn't fit in with bipods. It's completely up to you, but I would remove the bipod, and stay away from bayonet. The reasoning is when you have a bipod or even a bayonet equipped to your rifle, you can be compelled to use them forcing you to possibly screw up i.e. being reckless or bipod mechanics not working 100%.
  • One_Called_Kane
    If that is the Kar98k, then yes you can easily get "false headshot". The rifle works differently than other rifles like the Lee No. 4 which I use at over 60m with rifle set to 60m and get headshots 9/10 times. With the Kar98k getting headshots can be tricky if rifle is set to 60m. Set rifle to 150m and you'll be getting headshots from 60m all the way up to 250m before to you have to up it to 300m. Also use low drag rounds for better accuracy at distance. Given the fact that you are using what appears to be the Kar98k set at 60m, firing at a target probably at 70m and not aiming at the TOP of said targets head, it is highly likely what you are experiencing is a combination of human error and bullet drop.

Tip: looking at what I saw in your video, your play style probably doesn't fit in with bipods. It's completely up to you, but I would remove the bipod, and stay away from bayonet. The reasoning is when you have a bipod or even a bayonet equipped to your rifle, you can be compelled to use them forcing you to possibly screw up i.e. being reckless or bipod mechanics not working 100%.

Thank you sir, this is exactly the kind of info I was looking for.
  • StJames0024
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No problem
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The scalable body meshes don't match hit boundaries correctly. Terrain meshes have the same problem to a much larger degree. The terrain meshes are really, really bad. Turn them to low and you can "peak" edges of terrain all over every map -no wall hacks needed.