Weekly BF

How do you want to better yourself as a player?

Comments

• AzafTazarden
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter wrote: »
    I would like to learn how to evade planes on my a**, i find it very hard in this game to shake off an enemy plane behind you !

Same. Feels like people actually know how to fly combat planes with irl tactics and stuff while the rest of us are just winging it.
  • dirtyann
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play most of the time on conquest or breaktrough, so 64 players gamemodes.

Winning is my goal but in 80% of the matches my team camps or isnt agressive enough to secure victory so I don't really see the winning ratio as representative as it should. Even playing in a squad of 4 isnt enough to secure the win a lot of time because 4 out of 32 is a pretty small percentage if the other teams plays well we get obliterated pretty fast.

So each game I set myself a goal with my squad, we try to defend some key points instead of rushing headlessly to the next objective, we find flank routes when overwhelmed to turn the tides in our favor with a couple of well timed back caps and we try not to take the game too seriously because, 4 out of 32 means a lot of times your efforts means pretty much nothing 30 seconds after you achieved it lol.

So...to be a better player...

I am already having a lot of pretty good games, I am like 80% of the time in the top 10 in score, my kd isnt relevant to me, I can have some pretty good games with a 10-15 k/d and the next few rounds we get obliterated by the other team so I get like a 1.5 kd, sometimes less, sometimes more, I don't care, what matters to me is the fact that every single game I am on these darn flags and I do my best!

Overall, I'd like to be better with planes, but the planes are too clunky and slow to me to enjoy, I really prefer the war thunder mechanics. Sniping is something I tend to get better at day after day but I don't do it often, it bores me...

So yeah, planes and sniping, someday I'll get good at it.

In the meantime I write way too long posts lol.

• OldSkoolIce
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My personal goal is to play the game without getting frustrated at Blueberries as much. Just try to have fun.

Agree. I try to do that with any shooter games. But, it can be frustrated sometimes (looking at Battlefield V). Oh, there are players out there who play the game like it's Call Of Duty (bad move). I'd tell them to slow down, pick & choose on which gun fight you can win.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Play intoxicated less. It doesn't help my aim much.
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Consistency. I think I'm excellent when playing well and subpar in my lows. I'd like to have less lows and when I do have them, that they are not as bad as they are currently.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Play intoxicated less. It doesn't help my aim much.

Heh its rare that i ever game sober.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2038 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My goal WAS to try for once to start on release as strong as I actually am as a player...
    I mean this is what I get often as infantry:

Good rounds are about luck and opportune circumstances. Good rounds do not indicate your skill level, consistency in playing against equal or superior opponents is far more important.
    I know my skill level and the scoreboards show it, despite the overall profile stats...I play for the gameplay and getting stronger as a player.

What the scoreboard doesn't tell is that you play with a mouse and keyboard. On the other hand, profile stats do tell that you use the easiest and most powerful weapons. Kudos for attempting to better yourself, but you are going about it wrong. It would serve you better to run the harder to use, more punishing options. But I guess you are not one for a challenge. Or a level playing field.

• Hawxxeye
    5938 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to learn how to evade planes on my a**, i find it very hard in this game to shake off an enemy plane behind you !
    The most effective counter to that is to have a wingman where both of you try to clean up people from the other's tail while the one being attacked focuses on evading.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My goal WAS to try for once to start on release as strong as I actually am as a player...

Good rounds are about luck and opportune circumstances. Good rounds do not indicate your skill level, consistency in playing against equal or superior opponents is far more important.
    I know my skill level and the scoreboards show it, despite the overall profile stats...I play for the gameplay and getting stronger as a player.

What the scoreboard doesn't tell is that you play with a mouse and keyboard. On the other hand, profile stats do tell that you use the easiest and most powerful weapons. Kudos for attempting to better yourself, but you are going about it wrong. It would serve you better to run the harder to use, more punishing options. But I guess you are not one for a challenge. Or a level playing field.

Luck gives a bad player 50+ kill rounds once every 500 times. Luck doesn't give you one everyday.

Yes, I play with a mouse. Get over it.
  • Hawxxeye
    5938 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Luck gives a bad player 50+ kill rounds once every 500 times. Luck doesn't give you one everyday.

Luck gives me a metric ton of bad rounds with clan stacks on the other team and k/d campers/cowards on my own :disappointed:
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2038 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

We weren't talking about bad players. I'm pointing out that you would like to measure your skill/worth based on your best performances, whilst I don't think that is appropriate.

I play with one too, I have no problem with mice. I do however prefer full disclosure when people trump their abilities around here. Out of courtesy to a fellow forumfielder I didn't even mention your kill farming playstyle and general aversion to objective areas. To each his own.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

We weren't talking about bad players. I'm pointing out that you would like to measure your skill/worth based on your best performances, whilst I don't think that is appropriate.

I play with one too, I have no problem with mice. I do however prefer full disclosure when people trump their abilities around here. Out of courtesy to a fellow forumfielder I didn't even mention your kill farming playstyle and general aversion to objective areas. To each his own.

Discuss the game with forumfielders, not individual player performance. Shouldn't be any of your concern. I could care less how you or anyone else are playing nor what input device you're using.
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

Luck gives me a metric ton of bad rounds with clan stacks on the other team and k/d campers/cowards on my own :disappointed:

Same! I play solo so I feel the pain of the clan stack sometimes, I miss team switch lol.
  • g0merpile
    656 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Discuss the game with forumfielders, not individual player performance. Shouldn't be any of your concern. I could care less how you or anyone else are playing nor what input device you're using.

Same! I play solo so I feel the pain of the clan stack sometimes, I miss team switch lol.

Poor U. Got some suckers for ya.
  • BaronVonGoon
    What is wrong with this forum. Alot of juveniles around these days.
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh I would love to get myself into the top 10 for KD in a round, but that would require something like a 40-10 or better on most days. My KD is almost always measure in decimals. To get my numbers up there would require an entire paradigm shift. I would have to ignore objectives and play solely for the purpose of kills. I just can't do that. I have put myself in the top 10 for points because I had the best squad and tallied the most points by PTO. My squad that round put up over 80K squad points. We almost got 2 rockets. I personally went something like 3-19. I like to win so I PTO. This means that my deaths will almost always be higher because I am focused on flag not enemy players and therefore I get blindsided a lot. A lot. 90% of my deaths are less than 20m and a great many are me getting shot in the back.
    I may just take an entire day for a play session where I blow off the PTO and see what I can get done.
  • Marksman5147_ALT
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Never had below a 5k/d in a BF game ever.

Started with a 3 because I got the game the day of the TTK patch however I was able to raise it to a 5 took some time.

Ive never had such a bad kpm tho, this game has such slow gameplay, normally Id go for a 3kpm but not possible, hopefully I can raise mine to a 2, prob wont cuz I hardly play the game cuz its trash.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The most effective counter to that is to have a wingman where both of you try to clean up people from the other's tail while the one being attacked focuses on evading.
    Which is quite like in real life.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    840 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

So Assault main with M & K on console? It's not a big deal but it is pretty weak mate.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never had below a 5k/d in a BF game ever.

Started with a 3 because I got the game the day of the TTK patch however I was able to raise it to a 5 took some time.

Ive never had such a bad kpm tho, this game has such slow gameplay, normally Id go for a 3kpm but not possible, hopefully I can raise mine to a 2, prob wont cuz I hardly play the game cuz its trash.

Tey to win. Not shooting unawere players on objectives from outside farming noobs.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh I would love to get myself into the top 10 for KD in a round, but that would require something like a 40-10 or better on most days. My KD is almost always measure in decimals. To get my numbers up there would require an entire paradigm shift. I would have to ignore objectives and play solely for the purpose of kills. I just can't do that. I have put myself in the top 10 for points because I had the best squad and tallied the most points by PTO. My squad that round put up over 80K squad points. We almost got 2 rockets. I personally went something like 3-19. I like to win so I PTO. This means that my deaths will almost always be higher because I am focused on flag not enemy players and therefore I get blindsided a lot. A lot. 90% of my deaths are less than 20m and a great many are me getting shot in the back.
    I may just take an entire day for a play session where I blow off the PTO and see what I can get done.

Work on doing both.

The best players both PTFO and get high KDRs. The two go hand-in-hand. If you're good at killing, then taking or defending the objective is easier for you and your team. If you die less then you have more time to fight for or defend the objective. Afterall, whenever you're dead, you're not PTFO.