How do you want to better yourself as a player?

124»

Comments

• narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd like to get better at run and gun style of play. Even though right now the higher SPM I'd get doing that means little in terms of game rewards.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My goal is to play more. I have a lot of spare time when i'm finished with work and I have seen myself get better and better at this game since I got it, but I struggle to play it solo. I either take it too seriously or get bored. I wish I could invest more time without having to wait for my mates to come online. I hope the updates make it a bit more less irritating to play, solo than it is now.
  • JMan42028
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "bettering yourself" in a battlefield game has nothing to do with KDR and all about points per minute. Sorry (not sorry) its always been this way, this is what separates battlefield from others. You know, since their are actually objectives to capture and defend.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    JMan42028 wrote: »
    "bettering yourself" in a battlefield game has nothing to do with KDR and all about points per minute. Sorry (not sorry) its always been this way, this is what separates battlefield from others. You know, since their are actually objectives to capture and defend.

I think this is just an excuse people with bad K/D's use. What fun is losing every gun fight just cos you're spamming ammo packs to get points up. BF is a collective of everything that makes it a good game. I don't know how anyone can say K/D doesn't matter in a game that's primary core of everything is to shoot and kill the opposite team players.
  • PrairieGeek
    364 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I think this is just an excuse people with bad K/D's use. What fun is losing every gun fight just cos you're spamming ammo packs to get points up. BF is a collective of everything that makes it a good game. I don't know how anyone can say K/D doesn't matter in a game that's primary core of everything is to shoot and kill the opposite team players.

as you said, it's more than just KD or points. I have been in the top 5 at the end of a round for points but only had 3 kills the whole round. Objectives give more points than kills. I personally find it more fun to play a balance. My KD sucks but I like to win and do very often. Would I like to get more kills than deaths? absolutely. That just takes practice.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd like to get better at throwing Jeep stuff. I want to be able to run-jump-throw over two story buildings.
  • trip1ex
    4976 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Oh I would love to get myself into the top 10 for KD in a round, but that would require something like a 40-10 or better on most days. My KD is almost always measure in decimals. To get my numbers up there would require an entire paradigm shift. I would have to ignore objectives and play solely for the purpose of kills. I just can't do that. I have put myself in the top 10 for points because I had the best squad and tallied the most points by PTO. My squad that round put up over 80K squad points. We almost got 2 rockets. I personally went something like 3-19. I like to win so I PTO. This means that my deaths will almost always be higher because I am focused on flag not enemy players and therefore I get blindsided a lot. A lot. 90% of my deaths are less than 20m and a great many are me getting shot in the back.
    I may just take an entire day for a play session where I blow off the PTO and see what I can get done.

Work on doing both.

The best players both PTFO and get high KDRs. The two go hand-in-hand. If you're good at killing, then taking or defending the objective is easier for you and your team. If you die less then you have more time to fight for or defend the objective. Afterall, whenever you're dead, you're not PTFO.

Exactly. Alot of the times if you kill alot people claim you kill farm and don't PTO. The two definitely go hand in hand. If you kill you help soften up objectives for your team.

I think that has become a convenient excuse for farming.

An interesting phrase.
    'Kill farming' --I see this phrase being thrown around the forums more and more these days. I don’t understand why the term exists lol. First, it seems to imply that killing in a first person shooter is undesirable, or doing too much of it should be frowned upon. If thats the reason for the birth of this term, then I think its a stupid phrase.

Why were we all attracted to first person shooters to begin with? The shooting part. The shooter genre was essentially tdm, was it not? TDM got boring and the genre evolved into these gamemodes like conquest with elaborate objectives and flags and bombs.

But it remains a first person shooter.

Personally, I have no idea what my win% is and I could care less. I don't know if I've capped more flags or defended more. I'm sure others play the same way, kill and in the process of doing so you clear a flag and cap it. But I don't go into a flag area thinking I want this flag to be my teams now. No, I go in to kill everybody and then claim the flag. My point is the main attraction for me (And I'm sure thousands of others) is the shooting part, shoot first, cap later.

The other thing with 'Kill farming' I don't want to offend anyone when I say this but the phrase seems to imply that killing a lot or killing in bulk is somehow easy. If anything, a player being labeled with such a phrase should be proud of the label, I'd take it as a compliment. But I see the phrase being thrown around as though its an insult lol.

exactly tdm got boring and tdm was just kill farming. :)

And so now we have objective modes because it's more fun and interesting to kill for a reason. To have a focus for that killing. It allows strategy that otherwise wouldn't be there. And in objective modes the right play isn't always to protect the kdr and to farm kills. The rightplay isn't just pure volume of killing.

And yet lots of players still play every mode identical to tdm. I always say that every mode in BF is tdm because so many just play it like tdm and not as if they are trying to increase their share of flags owned or bomb the mcoms or what not. And to me players seem to like playing tdm even more in objective modes because of easier targets due to many enemies trying to take and protect objectives. These players can sit up in the cheapseats sorta speak and farm the ones pushing objectives. And do better than in a pure TDM mode where the only objective is pure killing and everyone is on the same page playing for the same reason.

IF you're constantly still playing tdm in objective modes then you're a kill farmer.

A kill farmer just someone who is cultivating kills for the sake of cultivating kills not for the sake of grabbing an objective. They behave like a farmer would, harvest the crops and then wait for them to grow back and do it again. The only way they take objectives is if the red carpet rolls out and they hear crickets for 10 minutes.

A kill farmer never thinks about getting in a flag zone under fire in order to turn a flag, prevent it from turning or to try to blow up an mcom or grab the bomb and make a great dash for the mcom or rushing in in a high risk attempt to prevent the mcom from blowing up etc. They just there to pad k/d.

Kill farmer is like anything else. Some are good at it. Some are bad it.

As I said though there is a fine line between kill farmer and an objective player.

You obviously want and need kills. But the farmer is purely focused on stats and padding kdr and staying alive at all costs. They always hiding behind 2 or 3 friendlies. They never go first. They don't lead the way. They just there to mop up and pad kdr.

Now the opposite isn't good either. Just always rushing in to objectives to get killed. Although on pubs I find there is a lack of players that push objectives hard when we need them. And so often times you can just keep pushing objectives to a fault because so many on your team are farming that you have to do that to make up for their behavior. Because when everyone farming then nothing gets done.
  • trip1ex
    4976 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kill farming implies avoiding risk. Taking advantage of the work of others. Not contributing in an equal manner.

Exactly. Well put. A lot of players don't want to get their hands dirty sorta speak.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jts530 wrote: »
    I want to kill guys at a higher rate, my kill per minute is only 0.9. And I wants higher SPM as that is very low sitting somewhere in the 270-290 range. Slowly I'm getting better though

I recommend broken machine tip videos. It helped me. I use to be very bad at fps.
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

spm is game mode and play style dependent, some game modes are much better than others. also with stuff like xp boosts in previous games it made spm pretty irrelevant. kd ratio is a better indicator of skill but can also be padded. add revives received on to deaths for a better picture. kpm is probably the best stat that indicates skill in combination the kdr since you can't really pad it.

exactly. try to be a good team mate and capture objectives but don't forget that this game is a shooter, where killing the enemy is the meat of the game.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KPM is also mode dependent. Playing a lot of Breakthrough, Frontlines, Domination can help your KPM.
  • Loqtrall
    12091 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If I could improve anything as an individual player, it'd be aiming for headshots. I truly do try, but not as actively as I should, especially when it comes to enemies I get the drop on. I lose plenty of gunfights because the other person pinged me in my head and I was aiming for thier torso.

Other than that I do perfectly fine in the game and love my style of play.
  • Cerben1
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i like to be younger better reflexes and more time to play the game that wold help i think. but im 45 pushing 46 so this is just for fun =D
  • Marksman5147_ALT
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Never had below a 5k/d in a BF game ever.

Started with a 3 because I got the game the day of the TTK patch however I was able to raise it to a 5 took some time.

Ive never had such a bad kpm tho, this game has such slow gameplay, normally Id go for a 3kpm but not possible, hopefully I can raise mine to a 2, prob wont cuz I hardly play the game cuz its trash.

Tey to win. Not shooting unawere players on objectives from outside farming noobs.

I hardly play BFV cuz its trash.

But ProLegion? Arent u some euro T5 team? Yeah I'll come around to **** on you when Comp becomes a thing and servers open
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never had below a 5k/d in a BF game ever.

Started with a 3 because I got the game the day of the TTK patch however I was able to raise it to a 5 took some time.

Ive never had such a bad kpm tho, this game has such slow gameplay, normally Id go for a 3kpm but not possible, hopefully I can raise mine to a 2, prob wont cuz I hardly play the game cuz its trash.

Tey to win. Not shooting unawere players on objectives from outside farming noobs.

I hardly play BFV cuz its trash.

But ProLegion? Arent u some euro T5 team? Yeah I'll come around to **** on you when Comp becomes a thing and servers open

U dont even play...
  • MAJWolfcookies
    571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I plan to camp excessively just like the best players in this game. No more PTFO. Just hide and bust out the s’mores and my bipod lmg.