Just a list of all the constant bugs and other gameplay absurdities

BeginingGraff
9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
- Coming in at number one due to the sheer number of times this happens in a single game: the bleeding out time bugs.
When bleeding out, no matter what button you press (be it to wait and stop the bleeding or the skip the revive), the game seemingly picks whichever values it wants between the quick, regular, or slow bleeding out time, or even invents new values ( already had it set to twice the skip revive speed a few times). I assume this has something to do with the button you were pressing as you get killed that theautomatically determines the speed of the bleeding out. This is so obvious, constant, and painfully triggering that it is an absolute shame that it hasn't yet been addressed in a patch when they take their sweet time to roll out useless updates like the stupid updated ttk.
- Coming in at number two, and made even more ridiculous by listening to the pre-lauch talks where Dice emphasized how "the movement was made so much more realistic and blah blah blah) the damn textures that push you off until the game decides you are in an acceptable position, the unclimbable molehills, the game automatically getting your character back up when you try to go prone to avoid dying just because, the ridiculous time it takes to get on top of some obstacles (jumping accross Rotterdam's broken bridges) etc. etc. The movements in this game are so clunky and this is entirely due to how poorly designed the interractions with the terrain are.
- Some of great operations (looking at you Rotterdam day two) where the same ammount of players that would be in a conquest are stuffed on 20% of the map, creating a general mess of campers with 0 enjoyment coming out of the experience (REDUCE THE NUMBER OF SOLDIERS)
- How bad enemy visibility has become, when someone could be right in front of you and be basically invisible due to how poorly colored the game is, turning anyone into a cameleon if he so desires (camper heaven)
- The absence of a clear "killcam" as in previous Battlefields, making it impossible to know who killed you if the enemy was more than two feet away.
- How clothes are not class specific anymore, which allowed for much more tactical gameplay when you knew which type of weapon the enemy likely had.
- The ridiculous nerf of the throwing knives that are now about as useful as chucking a paper plane at an enemy (reducing the total number from 6 to 2 was a perfectly fine nerf, reducing the lethal range to the length of my pinkie wasn't)
- The M30 Drilling , awesome weapon ruined by the impossibility of switching to your pistol while reloading the rifle shot
- The utterly ridiculous ttk of certain plane weapons which feel more like using atomic lazers than bullets

Comments

• kergster
    131 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    At the moment my biggest issue is the lack of consistent sounds. How can a tank make no sound until it's a foot away or the fact that I only hear maybe 5% of enemy footsteps?

It's an alternate version of WWII history where tanks had stealth technology :-D
  • The_BERG_366
    1976 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    - Coming in at number one due to the sheer number of times this happens in a single game: the bleeding out time bugs.
    When bleeding out, no matter what button you press (be it to wait and stop the bleeding or the skip the revive), the game seemingly picks whichever values it wants between the quick, regular, or slow bleeding out time, or even invents new values ( already had it set to twice the skip revive speed a few times). I assume this has something to do with the button you were pressing as you get killed that theautomatically determines the speed of the bleeding out. This is so obvious, constant, and painfully triggering that it is an absolute shame that it hasn't yet been addressed in a patch when they take their sweet time to roll out useless updates like the stupid updated ttk.
    - Coming in at number two, and made even more ridiculous by listening to the pre-lauch talks where Dice emphasized how "the movement was made so much more realistic and blah blah blah) the damn textures that push you off until the game decides you are in an acceptable position, the unclimbable molehills, the game automatically getting your character back up when you try to go prone to avoid dying just because, the ridiculous time it takes to get on top of some obstacles (jumping accross Rotterdam's broken bridges) etc. etc. The movements in this game are so clunky and this is entirely due to how poorly designed the interractions with the terrain are.
    - Some of great operations (looking at you Rotterdam day two) where the same ammount of players that would be in a conquest are stuffed on 20% of the map, creating a general mess of campers with 0 enjoyment coming out of the experience (REDUCE THE NUMBER OF SOLDIERS)
    - How bad enemy visibility has become, when someone could be right in front of you and be basically invisible due to how poorly colored the game is, turning anyone into a cameleon if he so desires (camper heaven)
    - The absence of a clear "killcam" as in previous Battlefields, making it impossible to know who killed you if the enemy was more than two feet away.
    - How clothes are not class specific anymore, which allowed for much more tactical gameplay when you knew which type of weapon the enemy likely had.
    - The ridiculous nerf of the throwing knives that are now about as useful as chucking a paper plane at an enemy (reducing the total number from 6 to 2 was a perfectly fine nerf, reducing the lethal range to the length of my pinkie wasn't)
    - The M30 Drilling , awesome weapon ruined by the impossibility of switching to your pistol while reloading the rifle shot
    - The utterly ridiculous ttk of certain plane weapons which feel more like using atomic lazers than bullets

ridiculous ttk of certain plane weapons? what? do u seriously wanna argue that plane machine guns are too strong? lmao OK then... :joy:
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Recently, upon death in the Rotterdam map, I was punted to the spawn-map screen and all the spawn points (including the ones on squad members) disappeared.

So I was left looking at the map and unable to spawn in anywhere. Had to quit the game.

It has only happened once so far...
  • Stoyan
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 3
    Hi.
    I am owner to PS4. When I play Battlefield V and the round is over (in mutiplayer mode), I see a series of bugs that prevent me from playing easily. When the round finishes to change to another map, the screen stays in black and the game does not advance, or also, the two circles are left in the upper right part of the rolling screen. These bugs force me to restart the game constantly!
  • Prep768
    3028 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9vclld/battlefield_vs_known_issues_list/?utm_source=reddit-android

Anyone want to take a guess how many times they say "currently investigating"?
  • Khronikos
    2114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At the moment my biggest issue is the lack of consistent sounds. How can a tank make no sound until it's a foot away or the fact that I only hear maybe 5% of enemy footsteps?

Yeah it's crazy when I am turning around a corner only to see a guy in full gear running sonic speed at me lol. This game is so lame to be honest. I mean I like some of the core gameplay and a couple of the maps, but outside of that this game is going to die on a bad hill if they don't do some major work.
  • CIGS48
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi.
    I own the PS4. When I play Battlefield V and the round ends (in mutiplayer mode), I see a number of errors that prevent me from playing easily. When the round ends to change to another map, the screen goes black and the game does not advance, or the two circles are left at the top right of the scrolling screen. These errors force me to restart the game constantly!
  • maskedocelot
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had a weird bug where my listed squadmate was actually on the enemy team and killed me =\.
  • j232211V7
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I love ammo crates falling thru and dissapearing, love when squad is wiped out and nobody can respawn for 10-15 second. Love when you are in prone position and suddendly it stand up by itself leading to get killed by an enemy. Love when you are just trying to move along and character start reviving a teammate you didn’t want to and got killed in just 1 sec.
  • j232211V7
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9vclld/battlefield_vs_known_issues_list/?utm_source=reddit-android

Jeez, just checked the link, this is some scary link. Sadly, most of the issues we encounter every day on PS4 are not even there.
  • Aldor27
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With these bugs they win game of the year award?🤔

• filthmcnasty
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Beware, unless you promote the game you will get banned from the forums, EA_Alexander banned me for my thread
  • hasansalamy
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

you forget the infinite loading screen after every round ..this bug is killing me
  • Prep768
    3028 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    j232211V7 wrote: »

Jeez, just checked the link, this is some scary link. Sadly, most of the issues we encounter every day on PS4 are not even there.

Yup, it's gonna be a long road
  • Aldor27
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 5
    j232211V7 wrote: »

Yup, it's gonna be a long road

There are no more players before the road is end. Enjoy!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/acrmww/bfv_this_game_has_99_problems_but_the_bitches/?utm_source=reddit-android
    Post edited by Aldor27 on
  • BeginingGraff
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ridiculous ttk of certain plane weapons? what? do u seriously wanna argue that plane machine guns are too strong? lmao OK then... :joy:

Yes I genuinely think that some planes machine guns are ridiculously overpowered against airplanes especially the 8x 303 on the spitfire VA and some others that I personnally haven’t unlocked and therefore do not know the specific name of, you could literally obliterate an enemy plane in less than 5 seconds if you hit all of your shots on the other hands they are utterly useless against infantery. The balance is awful compared to the BF1 planes which I personally enjoyed playing with much more since they were much more versatile. The fact that they go from absolutely useless without specs to super overpowered is just idiotic in my opinion. If you have two or more anti air focused planes in the enemy team that know even a little bit what they are doing you can forget about flying since you won’t last more than a few seconds as soon as they spot you.

• The_BERG_366
    1976 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yes I genuinely think that some planes machine guns are ridiculously overpowered against airplanes especially the 8x 303 on the spitfire VA and some others that I personnally haven’t unlocked and therefore do not know the specific name of, you could literally obliterate an enemy plane in less than 5 seconds if you hit all of your shots on the other hands they are utterly useless against infantery. The balance is awful compared to the BF1 planes which I personally enjoyed playing with much more since they were much more versatile. The fact that they go from absolutely useless without specs to super overpowered is just idiotic in my opinion. If you have two or more anti air focused planes in the enemy team that know even a little bit what they are doing you can forget about flying since you won’t last more than a few seconds as soon as they spot you.

I can't see how 5 seconds is too little honestly. if you let the other plane shoot at you for 5 seconds with perfect accuracy then you're doing something wrong...
    also the guns aren't useless against infy at all. at least not the small caliber high rpm ones nor the explosive ones... sure havy connons such as the ones on the vb are bad against infy but those planes feature other methods to attack infy. for example the starter guns on the g2 are really good against infy. also the 303's are really good it's just thst u generally have to keep in mind where they are mounted. if they are on the wing then they are aimed in a way that bullets from both wings will meat in a certain distance. hence if you aren't in that exact distance from your target u will have to aim a bit to the side of an enemy if your closer or further away (which is the case for the VA for example).
  • Leetch002_mtdrh
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The list is way too short...

So many other major issues
    • Spawning issues
    • Revives punting you half way across the map
    • Being revived changes your weapon
    • Sliding while trying to sit in one position
    • Explosives doing too little/too much damage to certain objects/people
    • and so much more....
  • The_BERG_366
    The list is way too short...

So many other major issues
    • Spawning issues
    • Revives punting you half way across the map
    • Being revived changes your weapon
    • Sliding while trying to sit in one position
    • Explosives doing too little/too much damage to certain objects/people
    • and so much more....

- revives punting you across the map? sorry what?
    - reviving doesn't change your weapon. this happens if you hold the revive button instead of just press it once (that's not a bug... that's just people failing in terms of controls. of course they could do a better job in terms of letting players know about this... )
    - that's when you're trying to stand on a steep surface... it's intentional.
    - no clue what you mean by the explosive thing