Anyone else having server latency issues??

IIRogueMachineII
1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited January 2019
For the last 2 days I’ve had a constant or very regular latency variation warning, the yellowy orange circle with an x in it. I didn’t change anything, from one day to the next. It just popped up. I’ve tried everything I can think of, reset router and PS4, on WiFi and cable. It’s caused me to be disconnected from at least 3 rounds.

Checked my internet all is functioning as was, no issues on any other device except PS4 and BFV. My ping isn’t super high, it’s higher then before the issue started. Probably only higher by 5, it’s slightly spiked at few times. Anyone else having issues??
Post edited by IIRogueMachineII on

Comments

• IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody else has the issue so no point this thread existing. Please delete. Thanks.
  • ShoutingEnder
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well not so fast :-) Played yesterday and had horrible ruberbanding going from 15-999 ping, been disconnected from ea servers, been stuck in loading screen etc. On ps4 as well, my internet is fine, my ususl ping is 13-25, but yesterday it was horrible.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    Hmm...interesting. Where do you live?? I’m uk. Worked fine for 3 days a go now I’ve got issues. Checked streamers and they have no issues.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hmmm, I live USA East coast, and a few days ago I started seeing the orange clockwise circle with the x for the first time since the game released. I'm not noticing any rubber banding, or any other online weirdness though.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    Yeah that’s what I’ve got, constantly. I changed nothing. Just popped up.
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same thing - US East and have been seeing the latency icon recently. Did not seem to matter what I did on my end - was starting to think that matchmaking was putting me in far away servers. Not sure.
  • ragnarok013
    3941 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    There is the possibility that it's either the EA servers or any node in between your router and the EA Servers. A UO Trace should show you where the problem is as described here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Of course you can also unplug your router for 2 minutes and then reboot it as well as clear your DNS cache on your PC (if playing on PC) which may help if the issue isn't connection or server related.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    Thanks. But i have no confidence in my ability to do any of that successfully without messing up. Guess i wont be playing BFV anymore.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Is it even BF specific or did net neutrality end with the new year? I've experienced very sketchy dealings with both Google and Youtube since new years.
  • Robonzo1981
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    weird you should say that. I'm experiencing very odd movement and mechanics, it feels like my character over turns, or takes ages to respond to an input on my controller. Yet a speedtest on my network shows me with 4ms ping and 65mbps up. In the game it's showing me with around 20-30 latency, but I keep getting those coloured symbols on the right as if its rubber banding or something weird is happening. Definitely not my connection though.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have the inconsistent latency icon appear in yellow all the time. Figured it's the junk servers and what is contributing to the ttd issues and the dying behind cover
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the inconsistent latency icon appear in yellow all the time. Figured it's the junk servers and what is contributing to the ttd issues and the dying behind cover

Amazon data centers are state of the art technology, the servers aren't junk.
  • Sanchezsucio8
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    I live in the UK and connect to Europe servers. BF4 has been sharp and responsive for me for years. I have a 350mbs down and 20mbs up and playing BF4 is always a smooth connection, for me. Until the last couple of weeks. BF4 feels like it did at launch. The desynch and lag on some servers. Getting killed miles round corners again. Shooting close range with no hits... Dice plz
  • sasqch10
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PS4 it’s full time no matter settings, ping or latency. Can only blame other players which is just pathetic. That’s developers words....Great to be 10 steps down an alley to find out your dead or to shoot 5-10, get report and “hit direction” to get a similar result.
  • crapjon
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

There is bullet penetration in this installment of battlefield. I was just killing people through the wooden shack walls in Fjell last night with an MG42.

That said, there are definitely connection issues that would cause it, too.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

If you config them the wrong way you get bad performance.

Or if you create very poor Netcode, they perform bad too...
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

If you config them the wrong way you get bad performance.

Or if you create very poor Netcode, they perform bad too...

Somehow I'm thinking Amazon are not the ones at fault here....
  • doctorrocktor
    1955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Since i updated today i can't even finish a round,it was fine yesterday it's been bad since i went on 1hr ago,came here to find out what's going on.
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play with 9ms Ping to eu servers and it’s atrocious.
    Some of the worse netcode ever!
  • doctorrocktor
    1955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    I play with 9ms Ping to eu servers and it’s atrocious.
    Some of the worse netcode ever!

Same eu servers