Goodbye BF5, I'm done

Comments

• nathanator2
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You know since the days of the BF3 forums people have been posting these exact same threads. And the best part is the replies that are also the same. You have fanboys saying goodbye because that's all they can offer, you have the like-minded individuals who are also sick of the game, and you have sympathisers who don't like the current state of the game but cling on for improvement.

One things for certain, this playerbase is still toxic and has let the franchise slip by letting DICE and EA walk all over them. It's quite funny
  • JediMastaWyn
    424 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    suffice_ls wrote: »
    Can we please have a dedicated whinge thread where all the goodbye messages can congregate and say bye to each other.

Serious though we need a whine and complaints thread.

Okay, well stop whining and go make one.

Can I create a sticky thread???
  • JediMastaWyn
    424 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can we please have a dedicated whinge thread where all the goodbye messages can congregate and say bye to each other.

Serious though we need a whine and complaints thread.

Okay, well stop whining and go make one.

Can I create a sticky thread???

This isn't even a fanboy thing. More forum etiquette. Multiple forums I've been on have dedicated whinge threads. it de-clutters the main forum and offers a space for people to vent, critique!
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Someone got Wrecked and decided to make a Thread complaining about the game.

Maybe, but the game is not good. It just so freaking boring , no modes is even remotely fun.
    Probably because the game is on the way of being a semi fast paced game with kind of stupid decisions on most maps that leaves the game to be without non what so ever team play (mostly anyway) and then try to running for flags and hope for the best while waiting for the lone wolfing "ultra LMG bad guy i think i am best all others must git gud" guy hiding in a bush picking you in the back.
    It gets boring rather fast sadly.
    (Take a big breath and read the sentence i one go...just do it).

Very nice example of subjective opinion.
  • UglyNoah
    1234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel you one some, disagree on other parts... just hop back onto bf4 or hardline man and try the next one like you said
  • Vycinas2
    928 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So you've made forum account just to say you don't want to play the game? Seems like a gigantic waste of time to me.

Why is it a waste of time to come to a forum hosted by the company you just spent your hard earned money with, to let them know that the product you purchased isn't meeting your expectations? Seems like a great investment of someone's time if you ask me. Companies need to hear from their customer base when their products are meeting expectations.

So following your logic I should make a huge thread about everything I like in bfv and tell EA how great this game is in my opinion? Wouldn't it be a gigantic waste of time and effort? If you like the game keep playing it. If not there is no reason for us to know why someone is not satisfied. Trust me, Dice employees don't read every single thread filled with complaints so this one will be missed just like others.

@llPhantom_Limbll actually there is a reason as most companies are more interested in why people won't buy or regret buying a product so they can adapt and potentially expand their customer base than they are with someone that says "everything is fine". Moderators and CMs here send reports to the studio on many aspects of the game and community so feedback like this isn't unwelcomed. His feedback was also descriptive and wasn't dripping with vitriol which is a plus in my book and he even gave some positives.

Well just like him I shared my opinion on this case. As I said, I don't feel it's necessary to tell others if I like or don't like the game. If I didn't like it in the first place I'd just stopped playing without making a full thread here. Also, the whole "I'm done", "I won't play bf anymore" stuff sounds overdramatic for no reason. If someone wants to provide reasonable feedback, make a "feedback thread" not something with such attitude.

This is a forum. Everyone can express their opinions and views about the game or whatever else they want to. You shared yours that you didnt like OPs post, now shut up about it, OP actually made a post and included vital feedback, where as you continue to whine about same thing, if you got nothing to say other than what you already said, dont say anything.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    So you've made forum account just to say you don't want to play the game? Seems like a gigantic waste of time to me.

Why is it a waste of time to come to a forum hosted by the company you just spent your hard earned money with, to let them know that the product you purchased isn't meeting your expectations? Seems like a great investment of someone's time if you ask me. Companies need to hear from their customer base when their products are meeting expectations.

So following your logic I should make a huge thread about everything I like in bfv and tell EA how great this game is in my opinion? Wouldn't it be a gigantic waste of time and effort? If you like the game keep playing it. If not there is no reason for us to know why someone is not satisfied. Trust me, Dice employees don't read every single thread filled with complaints so this one will be missed just like others.

@llPhantom_Limbll actually there is a reason as most companies are more interested in why people won't buy or regret buying a product so they can adapt and potentially expand their customer base than they are with someone that says "everything is fine". Moderators and CMs here send reports to the studio on many aspects of the game and community so feedback like this isn't unwelcomed. His feedback was also descriptive and wasn't dripping with vitriol which is a plus in my book and he even gave some positives.

Well just like him I shared my opinion on this case. As I said, I don't feel it's necessary to tell others if I like or don't like the game. If I didn't like it in the first place I'd just stopped playing without making a full thread here. Also, the whole "I'm done", "I won't play bf anymore" stuff sounds overdramatic for no reason. If someone wants to provide reasonable feedback, make a "feedback thread" not something with such attitude.

This is a forum. Everyone can express their opinions and views about the game or whatever else they want to. You shared yours that you didnt like OPs post, now shut up about it, OP actually made a post and included vital feedback, where as you continue to whine about same thing, if you got nothing to say other than what you already said, dont say anything.

Lmao

"anyone can share thier opinions or views or whatever else they want to"

"you shared yours now shut up"

Lol gtfo.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4831 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »

Mind you, OP created the thread and disappeared forever. So it was in fact "screw you guys, I'm going home" thing. Yet, you people are still here arguing.
  • cylon0
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    creepNpeep wrote: »

Scope glint on all recon scopes while other classes don’t have glint is enough on its own for me to put this game down.

They added glint in the last days of BF1 and it’s the sole reason I won’t play that game again.

Real good, Dice.. you’re actually making sure that some of your loyal players DON’T play your games again.
    Good business model, right there 😏

How they used scope glint in BF3 and BF4 was good. Any maginification above 3x had glint. 3x and under, no glint. This applied for all classes.

• suffice_ls
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Lmao

Lol gtfo.

Take things out of context much?

• Loqtrall
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Lmao

Lol gtfo.

Take things out of context much?

Lmao no I didn't. The guy is essentially defending the incessant creation of "I quit" threads despite the vast majority of them being pointless and providing little to no constructive feedback, but follows that up by saying a guy posted his opinion once and should now shut up about it. Blatant double standard, hence my response. Everyone is either allowed to post what they want on the topic even if it's in disagreement, or they don't. You can't have both.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But first I need to post on the forums.
  • XxmOss72xX
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    But first I need to post on the forums.

priorities!!!!
  • parkingbrake
    2449 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile wrote: »
    So true, that is why there are 40 new jobs at EA. They are all quitting, overworked stressed staff. It is not easy sitting on a screen debugging 24/7

Edit LOL sitting on a screen. Bad choice of words I suppose
    A thirty-five hour work week with a month of paid time off--that's your idea of stressful and overworked? If you were talking about EA developers in the U.S. that would be different, those folks have repeatedly and successfully sued EA over things like unpaid overtime and excessive hours. But DICE Sweden is another story. And since two other design studios have opened offices in Stockholm it is reasonable to think that some of the DICE staff who have left over the past year (you make it sound like the forty who left all jumped at once) just got better offers from those other companies. You also neglect to mention that 360 didn't quit, so "they are all quitting" would seem to be a bit of an exaggeration, much like suggesting they work "24/7".

However sitting on their screens was an amusing image of DICE devs at work, some of those early patches in BF4 that broke as much as they fixed, or that horrible lag they introduced to BF1 at one point do suggest at times they're thinking with their butts.
  • PvtPart5
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ea shareholders are currently conducting a round table session to brainstorm how the OP can come back to the game and live life happily ever after
  • parkingbrake
    2449 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maldraxis wrote: »
    You can criticise the OP all you like, but if you truly are happy with never getting company coin/animations bugging out/ V2s bugs/ hitreg / Insta death due to packets etc, etc, etc. Then come buy my new game, it's not finished either but I will gladly take your money.
    Who has said they are happy with the bugs? Please quote them.

(crickets)

Making up things that people did not say and then arguing against those fabrications is a bush league as it gets. None of us like a game being released before it should be, nobody likes bugs or poor design choices. But despite the claims to the contrary BFV is not unplayable because of things like not getting Company Coins. A lack of cosmetics for characters does not make a game unplayable, nor does occasionally not being able to launch a V1 (there is no V2 in the game) and so on--those are petty issues. Other things are more serious, at the top of my list is the poor network performance (for which there is no excuse) and which is responsible for things like the insta-deaths you refer to. Other bugs are more annoying than game-breaking, e.g. ammo crates that fall into the ground. Those things should not be there, and with more development time they probably would not be. But they haven't stopped me or the group of long-time BF fans I play with from enjoying BFV.

Anyone who is truly not enjoying BFV is free to say so. But when their complaint is based on things like not getting CC so they can play dress-up with their in-game character, yikes, that really is making a mountain out of a molehill. "Was looking forward to getting a new clothing items but the grind was just too much"--that's part of the OP's complaint, seriously, he couldn't (or wouldn't) earn points for cosmetics items, so he's leaving the game. He also mentions not being able to unlock the female character with the mechanical arm as apparently being a big deal for him--really, that's deal-breaking issue?

I walked away from PUBG because of real issues, like anti-cheats that caused such huge performance drops that the game really did become unplayable, and the ongoing and apparently permanent presence of huge number of players from China who bring out-of-region lag and cheating with them--those things are actually game breaking. I have yet to see anything like that in BFV although I realize some folks are having problems with crashing and infinite loading screens. If BFV is what you call a broken and unplayable game, man, you should have been around for the release of BF4, you would probably have burst into flames.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @parkingbrake I'm happy with teh current level of bugs as it relates to overall gameplay experience.

I'm pretty happy with the state of the game and recognize some of the minor polish issues will be resolved in subsequent patches.

(honestly, not sarcasm)

• Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maldraxis wrote: »
    You can criticise the OP all you like, but if you truly are happy with never getting company coin/animations bugging out/ V2s bugs/ hitreg / Insta death due to packets etc, etc, etc. Then come buy my new game, it's not finished either but I will gladly take your money.
    Who has said they are happy with the bugs? Please quote them.

(crickets)

Making up things that people did not say and then arguing against those fabrications is a bush league as it gets. None of us like a game being released before it should be, nobody likes bugs or poor design choices. But despite the claims to the contrary BFV is not unplayable because of things like not getting Company Coins. A lack of cosmetics for characters does not make a game unplayable, nor does occasionally not being able to launch a V1 (there is no V2 in the game) and so on--those are petty issues. Other things are more serious, at the top of my list is the poor network performance (for which there is no excuse) and which is responsible for things like the insta-deaths you refer to. Other bugs are more annoying than game-breaking, e.g. ammo crates that fall into the ground. Those things should not be there, and with more development time they probably would not be. But they haven't stopped me or the group of long-time BF fans I play with from enjoying BFV.

Anyone who is truly not enjoying BFV is free to say so. But when their complaint is based on things like not getting CC so they can play dress-up with their in-game character, yikes, that really is making a mountain out of a molehill. "Was looking forward to getting a new clothing items but the grind was just too much"--that's part of the OP's complaint, seriously, he couldn't (or wouldn't) earn points for cosmetics items, so he's leaving the game. He also mentions not being able to unlock the female character with the mechanical arm as apparently being a big deal for him--really, that's deal-breaking issue?

I walked away from PUBG because of real issues, like anti-cheats that caused such huge performance drops that the game really did become unplayable, and the ongoing and apparently permanent presence of huge number of players from China who bring out-of-region lag and cheating with them--those things are actually game breaking. I have yet to see anything like that in BFV although I realize some folks are having problems with crashing and infinite loading screens. If BFV is what you call a broken and unplayable game, man, you should have been around for the release of BF4, you would probably have burst into flames.

This.

So many people think those that like the game think its perfect which is far from the case. I am loving the game and will continue to play past my already 120 hrs but can see all the issues and bugs with the game.

Many who are defending against these outrageous claims are doing so because of the false claims people are basically making up or over exaggerating.

YES, the game has serious issues, but none of those issues are game breaking as people claim. TTD, on xbox, does not happen very often. You think TTD bug hits you, but really you get shot by multiple people at the same moment which happens quite often because of the rambo style gameplay some people choose.

Saw a thread the other day someone claiming he has been killed by a stray pistol bullet and one shot by getting hit in the foot by a sniper. These are the people we are arguing against. Not the people who are legitimately upset about things like, CC bug (possible fix incoming), network performance aside from just TTD, lack of team balancing at the end of a round, ect. The list goes on but none of those are impeding ANYONE from playing the game.

At least its not like BF4 where it was seriously broken and unplayable for months for many people. Right now BFV is not.
  • suffice_ls
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Many who are defending against these outrageous claims are doing so because of the false claims people are basically making up or over exaggerating.

Sorry, who's defending what against what claims made by who and exaggerating what?
    YES, the game has serious issues, but none of those issues are game breaking as people claim. TTD, on xbox, does not happen very often. You think TTD bug hits you, but really you get shot by multiple people at the same moment which happens quite often because of the rambo style gameplay some people choose.

Glad that you're satisfied with what Dice delivered, but speak for yourself. TTD doesn't have to happen "often" -- Even just a couple of times a match is far too often. It happened preeeeety much never on BF4. Also, how do you know that it's not TTD but that you got shot by multiple people at the same moment? If you have footage backing up your claim, please upload it here.

At least its not like BF4 where it was seriously broken and unplayable for months for many people. Right now BFV is not.

I'll take BF4's 2-ish months of on-and-off rubberbanding over the constant CoD-style 1-frame TTD any day.
  • parkingbrake
    This.

So many people think those that like the game think its perfect which is far from the case. I am loving the game and will continue to play past my already 120 hrs but can see all the issues and bugs with the game.

Saw a thread the other day someone claiming he has been killed by a stray pistol bullet and one shot by getting hit in the foot by a sniper. These are the people we are arguing against. Not the people who are legitimately upset about things like, CC bug (possible fix incoming), network performance aside from just TTD, lack of team balancing at the end of a round, ect. The list goes on but none of those are impeding ANYONE from playing the game.

Exactly, nobody that I have seen has seriously claimed the game is perfect or even as good as it should be, we all know there are bugs and bad design choices. But with the exception of those folks who are crashing or failing to load often, the game is not unplayable. That doesn't mean people are not entitled to dislike BFV for whatever reason. But trying to justify their dislike with nonsensical reasons only makes their complaint laughable. You brought up team balance, good point, a server should not have 15 players on one side and 28 on the other, DICE should be ashamed that is happening. But I see something like that maybe once a day, it isn't every round or even every other round, it is an occasional annoying bug and the occasional part means it isn't a game-killing issue.