random issue

mgood1845
93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Seems like every so often, I will be placed into a match with my squad, and when I am placed into the game, I will have a black screen. I can hear the in game audio, if I fire my weapon i can hear it. I have tried pressing the pause button to bring up the menu and the screen remains back. The only work around for this that i have found is to have a squad mate tell me how to run out of bounds or into water to drown. Upon my death, the visuals of the game will begin to work. Its super random, has anyone else had this issue?

Comments

• ForeverEnds2Day
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It has happened to me multiple times as well. I always pause the game and choose to redeploy and just like your fix everything is normal afterwards.
  • full951
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    they know. xmass break is over. hopefully the patch to fix comes sooner than later
  • KarlosFantano
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 4
    When this happens i just press start,down twice on d-pad,press "A"

Works everytime.
    Post edited by KarlosFantano on
  • mgood1845
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When this happens i just press start,down twice and d-pad,press "A"

Works everytime.

this is much easier than having someone say "go right....now a little left, forward....forward....now jump...ok go straight... keep going......keep going..."

This issue was in BF1 as well. It is interesting to see it re-appear in BFV hopefully the net code can reappear in BFV...
  • skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Happens ALL THE TIME
  • lionking7001
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep like five times today
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There must be a visual glitch that causes this, as I get black screens in other places. Like sometimes zooming in with the tank it goes black (and corrects with a refocus), or randomly with the special weapon binoculars.
  • mgood1845
    I also will get a few other visual glitches, such as 1/2 of the screen black when trying to call in the rocket. And sometimes when you pause the game, the overlay of the menu will remain on the screen, you will then have to pause the game and resume to alleviate that issue.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mgood1845 wrote: »
    I also will get a few other visual glitches, such as 1/2 of the screen black when trying to call in the rocket. And sometimes when you pause the game, the overlay of the menu will remain on the screen, you will then have to pause the game and resume to alleviate that issue.

I started seeing this in-game glitch as well (achievement info on screen). Kinda related to the friends list showing up.
  • XxmOss72xX
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The 1/2 black screen when calling in a V1/JB2 is due to another one being in the air. All black screen... as somebody else said previously... start, twice down on d pad, A .... Gotta love these little hiccups. Something similar would be like.... I just bought this brand new toyota... but occasionally it just shuts off randomly.
  • smyhk
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Up up, down down, B A, B A, select start.
  • mgood1845
    XxmOss72xX wrote: »
    The 1/2 black screen when calling in a V1/JB2 is due to another one being in the air. All black screen... as somebody else said previously... start, twice down on d pad, A .... Gotta love these little hiccups. Something similar would be like.... I just bought this brand new toyota... but occasionally it just shuts off randomly.

but didn't top gear do an awesome special on killing a Toyota...lol

Didn't know the V1/JB2 was in the air thing...it is stupid they place a use timer on the reinforcement...if that happens i usually miss out on the large group of ppl i'm trying to get. Thanks for clearing that up, makes sense now. SMH but it makes sense.
  • XxmOss72xX
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    [quote="mgood1845;c-1422457"

but didn't top gear do an awesome special on killing a Toyota...lol

[/quote]

bwaaaahahahahha