Let's get some "Mixed" Conquest servers going!

ronybaloney
251 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
If you enjoy Conquest (Especially my region, US West :) ) set your server browsers for Conquest, All maps, and check slots for 10+ that way you'll see people trying to get other servers going besides "DICE OFFICIAL" servers which are only the vanilla maps!
C'mon guys there's 30 maps available to play and for the last few weeks it's been vanilla only servers that are populated. :s I'm getting sick of the same 7-8 maps aren't you?.
Pleeeeeeeeaaaase people let's get "Mixed Maps" going or even a DLC server.

Comments

• -Antares65z
    1579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 7
    Lets get FragShack All Maps Conquest server going on the west coast. That way you have the same server to come back to day after day and it gets on people's Favorites. With generic official servers, one day its going and the next day it's dead, often never having another round start on it. Rented servers are static and over time people gain confidence that if they jump on it in pre-round, there is a good chance others will join due to being on so many Favorites list. On the PC side, FragShack is on nearly 15,000 favorites.
    Post edited by -Antares65z on
  • Forkbeard84
    1527 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lets get FragShack All Maps Conquest server going on the west coast. That way you have the same server to come back to day after day and it gets on people's Favorites. With generic official servers, one day its going and the next day it's dead, often never having another round start on it. Rented servers are static and over time people gain confidence that if they jump on it in pre-round, there is a good chance others will join due to being on so many Favorites list. On the PC side, FragShack is on nearly 15,000 favorites.

I like the idea of getting a server going that has all the maps. So how do we get this going? Do you have the server? Once we have the server then we need to advertise to the other players to get it to seed I guess. I'm thinking we start a thread for it and then set a date and time for when we will seed the server. If we do it right, we'll get it going on that date and then hopefully get enough momentum to keep it going.
  • -Antares65z
    1579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I like the idea of getting a server going that has all the maps. So how do we get this going? Do you have the server? Once we have the server then we need to advertise to the other players to get it to seed I guess. I'm thinking we start a thread for it and then set a date and time for when we will seed the server. If we do it right, we'll get it going on that date and then hopefully get enough momentum to keep it going.

I put FragShack up on the west coast a week ago. I seeded it last Friday for hours until the late evening and also for 8-10 hours a day on Saturday and Sunday. I never got more than 8 people to join. I seeded it for 6 hours on Monday afternoon/evening. Only had a few joins. I've noticed some other people seeding the server when I haven't been on (thank you to those if you're reading this) and saw 6 on yesterday. I think the biggest obstacle is that the vast majority of PS4 players use Quick Match and don't know the server is an option. If people want to get it going, all they need to do is join the server, spawn in and go hide. Then go about your day/evening until you're ready to play. If the server is still dead when you come back, drop off and go play something else. At least you tried. That's what I do.
  • Forkbeard84
    1527 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I put FragShack up on the west coast a week ago. I seeded it last Friday for hours until the late evening and also for 8-10 hours a day on Saturday and Sunday. I never got more than 8 people to join. I seeded it for 6 hours on Monday afternoon/evening. Only had a few joins. I've noticed some other people seeding the server when I haven't been on (thank you to those if you're reading this) and saw 6 on yesterday. I think the biggest obstacle is that the vast majority of PS4 players use Quick Match and don't know the server is an option. If people want to get it going, all they need to do is join the server, spawn in and go hide. Then go about your day/evening until you're ready to play. If the server is still dead when you come back, drop off and go play something else. At least you tried. That's what I do.

I made a similar response in another thread, but am mostly repeating it here. We might be able to seed a server effectively if someone advertised the server in multiple forums like here and on Reddit and we set a date at least a month into the future. Someone could even message every player they play battlefield with on the playstation of the upcoming server seed date. i.e. every time you play a game of conquest, you message all the players on the scoreboard. That way, you might be able to achieve a critical mass of players to keep a server going. But its gonna be a lot of work to let everyone know.
  • ronybaloney
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think the real solution is to have DICE make the whole game available to everyone who owns it. Make everyone Premium and then the "Official" maps will be an all-map rotation wouldn't it? Then people can design their own servers to suit their needs map wise if they want. Check out Japan servers some time. I found it interesting that there were several servers that were one or two maps only and they were FULL!! Crazy.
    I haven't played older BF games. Do they eventually let everyone have Premium? I keep hoping BF1 will soon make all content available to everyone.
  • -Antares65z
    edited January 11
    I think the real solution is to have DICE make the whole game available to everyone who owns it. Make everyone Premium and then the "Official" maps will be an all-map rotation wouldn't it?.......
    I haven't played older BF games. Do they eventually let everyone have Premium? I keep hoping BF1 will soon make all content available to everyone.

Actually EA did give away the BF1 DLC packs for free. The problem is too many players are lazy and dumb and didn't go out and download them. BF4 gave away their DLC I think a few times. What you're suggesting is great in logic, however with the way the game works, players would have to physically go out there and download the DLC maps to their client side. Many won't do that for various reasons.

Post edited by -Antares65z on
  • creepNpeep
    716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Are you guys running hardcore servers?
  • -Antares65z
    edited January 22
    If you run a hardcore server, then it gets flagged as Custom and disappears from the server browser with default filters. Which means that you need to manually look for the server. There aren't enough players left in the game to try and establish a new Custom server. Most PS4 players don't even use the server browser, that has been proven.
  • creepNpeep
    716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ah ok,
    So does anyone know the names of any European hardcore servers that are still active?
  • -Antares65z
    edited January 22
    creepNpeep wrote: »
    Ah ok,
    So does anyone know the names of any European hardcore servers that are still active?

I would go into the server browser name field filter and do three separate searches on hardcore, 200%, HC. Then put them on Favorites. You should come up with some servers with those terms.
  • creepNpeep
    creepNpeep wrote: »
    Ah ok,

I would go into the server browser name field filter and do three separate searches on hardcore, 200%, HC. Then put them on Favorites. You should come up with some servers with those terms.

Will do, cheers bud 👍🏼