dragging knocked bodies?

CoLFC
14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Is this still to be added at some point? I remember them saying you would be able to drag bodies into cover to revive them and really looking forward to it, I like playing medic and doing my best to revive anyone I can but ultimately get frustrated dying for other players who have gone down in the open so yeah I couldn't wait for this ability, what happened to it?

Comments

• kergster
    131 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I recall someone from Dice saying over on Reddit that dragging is unlikely to arrive in BF:V.

They seem to be really really struggling with their own codebase so no-go on any new features is not a huge surprise.
  • CoLFC
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    kergster wrote: »
    I recall someone from Dice saying over on Reddit that dragging is unlikely to arrive in BF:V.

They seem to be really really struggling with their own codebase so no-go on any new features is not a huge surprise.

Was this after launch because I'm sure it was planned for bfv?
  • CoLFC
    I thought it was also stated that the rag doll physics would also allow bodies to be moved by explosions even after they had come to rest in death
  • kergster
    CoLFC wrote: »
    Was this after launch because I'm sure it was planned for bfv?

Might have been the Reddit AMAA, I would have to go look for it. It's also possible I remember it wrong.
  • kergster
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/a3ef94/reddit_amaa_with_dice_on_battlefield_v_chapter_1/eb5k51b/

Refers to the comment as well, so I'm not dreaming. Didn't find the original comment though.
  • fakemon64
    482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly when they announced body dragging, i just started getting visions of players trolling eachother. Most people can't even be bothered to revive or build resupply stations, i doubt they will be dragging people to safety
  • KamotengKahoy14
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    what they should have done instead of the body drag, was do it like R6 where while dying you can crawl but be shot by a double tap.
  • snakeater418
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The body drag feature would most likely be exploited and cause more harm than good, i.e. trolling, glitching, and such. A crawling feature would be best. But that should exclude headshots, melee takedowns, fire deaths, and imo, explosion deaths.
  • barnesalmighty2
    554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    Honestly when they announced body dragging, i just started getting visions of players trolling eachother. Most people can't even be bothered to revive or build resupply stations, i doubt they will be dragging people to safety

This exactly this. It's a silly idea which would be wasted on this game.

Crawling however should be added in its place paired with the ability to fully kill downed enemies with a few more shots.
  • snakeater418
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On that note I think you should also be able to finish off players who are waiting to be revived. Or at least do better about what deaths can qualify to be revived from. Like you shouldn't be able to get revived after being blown up with high explosives like from gadgets and vehicles. Grenades would be ok though. I think falling, roadkills, fire, and headshots are already like this, but I'm not 100% sure.
  • stiny1838
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On that note I think you should also be able to finish off players who are waiting to be revived. Or at least do better about what deaths can qualify to be revived from. Like you shouldn't be able to get revived after being blown up with high explosives like from gadgets and vehicles. Grenades would be ok though. I think falling, roadkills, fire, and headshots are already like this, but I'm not 100% sure.

Nope you can revive players that have been headshot and burned ,
  • WetFishDB
    1695 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    stiny1838 wrote: »

Sometimes you can. But I’ve also had it where I’ve been prevented from holding on for a revive because I’m being burned by an incendiary grenade AFTER I’ve already died. I’m not sure if that’s a bug or intended - but there is definitely some inconsistent behaviour.
  • snakeater418
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    stiny1838 wrote: »

Sometimes you can. But I’ve also had it where I’ve been prevented from holding on for a revive because I’m being burned by an incendiary grenade AFTER I’ve already died. I’m not sure if that’s a bug or intended - but there is definitely some inconsistent behaviour.

I think it happens if your body is down in the fire itself. If you get burned and run away but still die you may be able to be revived.
  • Weslyvt
    30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If your body is waiting for a revive and it takes a hit from an explosion, fire or bullet you're dead