Buying BF1 or BF5?

FurkanYL
8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hello all I was out of gaming for 2-3 years. Now that I have a new computer I wanted to play BF which was a game I liked all the way from BF2. I played BF3 also but not any more of the series. My question is should I buy BF1 or BFV? I live in Turkey so money is an issue for me ( my countrys economy is not in very good shape) BF5 is 30 euro which is too much but I can still afford it if BF1 is dead ( no players ). I play in PC with good ping at both west and east europe. What should I do ?

Comments

• ThunderTaters
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wait for red dead redemption 2 to come out on pc.
  • SlugSniper
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you want decent balancing and a setting that's at least a little bit authentic, buy BF1.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Watch it ;)
  • TheGM86
    747 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Just walk away" - The Lord Humungus.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wait with BFV, it needs polishing and play BF1 in meanwhile like I do.
  • -Antares65z
    1573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wait for red dead redemption 2 to come out on pc.

He could be waiting a long time. Rock Star hasn't officially confirmed they're releasing it on PC. They're considering it.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wait with BFV, it needs polishing and play BF1 in meanwhile like I do.

+1
  • MarxistDictator
    4771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    "Just walk away" - The Lord Humungus.
  • x-Mikuru_Beam-x
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1 is alive and awesome, hope to see you in game!
  • macknoob
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FurkanYL wrote: »
    Hello all I was out of gaming for 2-3 years. Now that I have a new computer I wanted to play BF which was a game I liked all the way from BF2. I played BF3 also but not any more of the series. My question is should I buy BF1 or BFV? I live in Turkey so money is an issue for me ( my countrys economy is not in very good shape) BF5 is 30 euro which is too much but I can still afford it if BF1 is dead ( no players ). I play in PC with good ping at both west and east europe. What should I do ?

Bf1 every day.

BF5 is pathetic and imo needs pulled, worked on and released a second time.
  • disposalist
    8323 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Try the trials.

If the last you played was BF3 it's hard to say if you'll like BF1 or BF5.

Folks that liked BF4 and wanted BF4.5 competitive/hardcore-lite mode got what they wanted in BF5 (though no one wanted all the bugs and missing features).

Folks that liked BF1 and were happy it 'pulled back' from the ever-increasing pressure to make BF twitchy and sweaty don't tend to like BF5.

Me, I loved every BF, but BF4 was getting a bit sweaty and twitchy. I loved BF1 a LOT and still play it. BF5? Meh. Disappointing.
  • SevenSe7en7
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I too am a returning PC gamer after 4 years and I bought BF1. Dice said not to buy BFV so Im just following their orders.
  • CSO7777
    974 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    Both are good games, but very different. And they have different issues.

BFV:
    • It has a lot of small issues and bugs. Some of these are 'legacy-issues' which are in BF1 as well (vaulting etc), but some can be annoying at times (sound issues, ttd/netcode, bad visibility)
    • BFV is a lot more hardcore and unforgiving.
    • Its focused on infantry play, vehicles are not as strong as previous BF-titles.
    • The gun-play is fantastic and very satisfying (perhaps the best in any BF-game).
    • TTK is low (almost as low as BF3/BF4)
    • Almost no spotting
    • Reduced health-regeneration (attrition system)
    • Lone-wolfing is hard
    • The netcode is not very good

BF1
    • The game is very polished overall (but still has issues with vaulting etc).
    • BF1 is more relaxed and casual overall.
    • Vehicles are strong, its not as focused on infantry play as BFV.
    • The guns are pretty weak for the most part, but they are balanced very well between the classes (perhaps the best balance in any BF-game).
    • TTK is high.
    • 3D spotting.
    • Health-regeneration
    • Lone-wolfing is easier
    • BF1 has more random deaths to elite-classes, behemoths and vehicles (especially planes bombing you out of nowhere).
    • The netcode is good.

When (if?) Dice can fix the bugs/issues in BFV, it has the potential to be one of the best BF-games ever, but at the moment its pretty rough.
  • Wesker4755
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1. Still has plenty of people playing and is lots of fun. BFV is trash for a number of reasons. There is a reason it got discounted 50% off within two weeks. It isn't going to be long before it is dead.
  • disposalist
    8323 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    BFV:
    • The gun-play is fantastic and very satisfying (perhaps the best in any BF-game).
    Whilst I don't disagree with most of your comments, the above is HUGELY subjective.

People who loved the gunplay in BF1 and thought the gunplay in BF4 was getting too random/quick/easy will not like the gunplay in BF5, relatively speaking.

If you like twitch-tap gunplay and assault weapons being better at just about any range you'll like BF5 gunplay (if they ever fix the related bugs).

Me, I loved the way BF1 took the gunplay and BF5 feels like a massive backward step to some kind of pseudo-competitive situation. As I said before: BF4.5 hardcore/competitve-lite.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    Battlefield 1 is a more full featured and well thought out game when compared to Battlefield 5. Battlefield 1 has behemoths, horses, vehicles and planes AND infantry play. Its' balanced fairly well and welcomes casual and hardcore players alike. Its epic in scale and pays some attention to history and has a good World War 1 feel. There is something really grand about scoring the final hit on a Zeppelin and watching and listening as it falls flaming to the ground. You better get out of the way too. Oh the humanity!

Battlefield 5 is more hardcore and very much an infantry only game. The vehicles are there but are weak. And there are no horses or behemoths. There isn't much of a world war 2 feel to Battlefield Five. Even the colors in the game seem washed out.

OP your decision should be an easy one. BF1 is the superior game and only costs $3.99. Get BF1 and join the rest of us loyalists who are playing BF1 while waiting for BF5 to run out its hopefully short lifecycle.

I would by the full game now that it only costs 10 euro's. I wouldn't limit myself ot the Vanilla maps in 2019.
  • CS-2107
    1552 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I would recomment buying bf1. It is the better game imo. BFV is alright, but it loses its hype and interestingnes very fast.
  • CSO7777
    974 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 10
    If you are a 'try-hard' or pretty experienced/skilled in FPS-games, then BFV is the game to play. BFV is more tactical, has more skill based gun-play and is more focused on team-play than BF1.

BF1 can become annoying because of the badly balanced infantry vs. "everything else" (elites, behemoths, vehicles and cavalry). Things are much more random and it's often harder to "control" what happens (high number of random deaths). The higher TTK of BF1 is a matter of taste (really not that high after TTK2). But the polish and 'immersion' of BF1 is among the best of any BF-game ever made and much better than BFV.

Both are great games but probably for different audiences.