Balance, balance, balance already!!!

Player_qupkrs6s
1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
t4eDJvi.jpg

This issue is old as game itself and I can't express my anger enough. How come that this problem is not yet solved? Are you seriously that bored to fix this basic but important thing?! It's not happening time to time, but more than 50% of the time and it drives me (and probably other players) crazy!

Comments

• filthmcnasty
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    t4eDJvi.jpg

This issue is old as game itself and I can't express my anger enough. How come that this problem is not yet solved? Are you seriously that bored to fix this basic but important thing?! It's not happening time to time, but more than 50% of the time and it drives me (and probably other players) crazy!

This seems like an exception to the rule. I've never had a game this lopsided. I'd guess that you had rage quitters and no one joined. Unlike BF1, BF5 is great with filling teams evenly so far
  • Player_qupkrs6s
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    t4eDJvi.jpg

This seems like an exception to the rule. I've never had a game this lopsided. I'd guess that you had rage quitters and no one joined. Unlike BF1, BF5 is great with filling teams evenly so far

On contrary, match started like this and stayed like that until very end. In bf1 there is auto balancing during the match if numbers of players are not similiar on both sides, but not here...
  • barnesalmighty2
    990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've had games like this that stayed lopsided as people join see what's going on and quit.
  • stiny1838
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    t4eDJvi.jpg

I was on the 2nd round of a grand operation , we had 17 players they had 24 yet new players got put on their team and when they filled up we got a few before the round started and we got steamrolled , balance does not work in this game.
  • jcat099
    21 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    At first I thought this was going to be about balancing of skill levels. I don't know how many times I get stuck on teams that are getting completely steamrolled. I am Def not good enough to offset that lopsided matchmaking. When i find a match that is close to a fair evenly balanced game, seems the next match, all the top players end up on the same side.
  • wc138
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    Autobalancing is terrible. It should have never been in any BF game. I should not be punished for doing well in the middle of a game. Ever.

Also, there's a catch up mechanic. Don't be fooled into thinking non-lopsided games are more evenly matched.

Why does it matter, anyway? Is something bad going to happen if your W/L ratio is off?
  • Khronikos
    2115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »
    Autobalancing is terrible. It should have never been in any BF game. I should not be punished for doing well in the middle of a game. Ever.

Also, there's a catch up mechanic. Don't be fooled into thinking non-lopsided games are more evenly matched.

Why does it matter, anyway? Is something bad going to happen if your W/L ratio is off?

Autobalancing is great if it actually balances teams to make equal skill levels across the teams. But this game does not do that.
  • Adaven_Vulmane
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They had the skill level in your character screen on BF1. I am guessing that was the meter by which they balance the teams. However I do not see that in BFV. Maybe they have not implemented it yet
  • WetFishDB
    1884 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »

Autobalancing is great if it actually balances teams to make equal skill levels across the teams. But this game does not do that.

To a degree it never really can with some of their core concepts. A server browser inherently bypasses any sort of matchmaking.

And there is only so much it can balance between teams in a single server, especially when keeping squads together. The social aspect of gaming means that good players, particularly ones in platoons, tend to attract other good players. And one good squad, especially in a party, can easily dominate smaller game modes.

The biggest thing for me is the game making sure that the sides are balanced numerically (within a small tolerance) BEFORE the round starts. And then individual players joining a server get put on the side with the fewer players.
  • Kongo030
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The lack of team switching which I hated in BF1 makes people leave servers and obviously there is little in the algorithm to fix that. When I'm in the losing team for the next five rounds I'll lose. I start on the losing team quite often but don't want to leave the server. That was a lot different in BF1 but also bad just on the other end. BF 1 really dynamic and BF V being really static so far.
  • ShuToshio
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 10
    Same situation I have here. It's very frustrating to see new players joining in only to join the side with more players.

In multiple map mode like Grand Operations, I can understand why teams should stay on the same side to make the narrative complete. But single map matches like literally every other game modes offers little reason for NOT balancing the teams. And the issue is really NOT because of clans because I seldom see overwhelming clan member count on those situations.

Honestly, I really think DICE simply doesn't bother to balance the teams just by comparing player performances. The likely reason they will pull out to defend themselves is the newly joined players probably have been assigned the side before the players who are going to leave leave the game. Which again I feel it's possible to just make the switch automatically before the match starts.
    Post edited by ShuToshio on
  • ShuToshio
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow what the h***. I just had the most mind boggling grand operations.

Played as German side for the first 3 matches and subsequently got thrown to the Allied side. At the last moment.

What gives, DICE?

You should be doing autobalancing on games that do NOT have continuing narrative like conquest and TDM, not grand ops. And believe me, no one has seen any autobalancing yet!!!!!
  • urban2544
    356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This truely does need addressed
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    urban2544 wrote: »
    This truely does need addressed

Certainly does, I am seeing far too many 500 : 0 Conquest matches.
  • sirghislandi
    372 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To me the game seems fairly balanced, against me.. At least in breakthrough, I'm usually on the losing side, maybe I'm confusing balance with something else here 😉
  • stiny1838
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder if the matchmaking works off your w/l ratio as when i get it above 50% i get put into games thet are unbalanced against me , but when it drops below 50% the games seem unbalanced in my favor like dice are making it so everyone gets a few wins then a few losses to keep the snowflakes happy so they still play the game ?
  • WetFishDB
    1884 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    stiny1838 wrote: »
    I wonder if the matchmaking works off your w/l ratio as when i get it above 50% i get put into games thet are unbalanced against me , but when it drops below 50% the games seem unbalanced in my favor like dice are making it so everyone gets a few wins then a few losses to keep the snowflakes happy so they still play the game ?

I doubt it. In the past two games they’ve used performance stats to balance (it was called skill). It was based on KDR, KPM, SPM). But in BF1 they also wouldn’t break up squads between rounds, even if they were randoms.

I’d be surprised if this game was any different.
  • wc138
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »

At the start of a match, maybe. But what if I am playing with my friends, and we have multiple squads, and are playing the game as it's intended: using teamwork. Now we're doing well because the other team is disorganized and not working together. Suddenly, one of our squads is pushed to the other team because they're doing terrible.

That's not balance. That's punishment.