Question concerning paths of weapons

misisipiRivrRat
866 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Hey guys. I've got a few weapons that I want to reset and try the other side of the weapon path, but a friend told me if I do I'll lose the side I currently have open. That I'll need to again purchase the side I now have. Is this true? Not really a fan at this method if so. I feel if a weapon progression is unlocked it should remain unlocked. And I didn't realize how much I dislike this path progression. Why not the option to pick and choose how I progress? Not along paths but for each separate upgrade. Like I have enough coin so allow me to choose what I want between the upgrades.

Comments

• superteds
    1187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 5
    No, you don't have to purchase them again. Once you've rank 4 with a weapon you can re-spec it, and pick four new specs for free. The trees are to give the weapons distinct flavours - ie SMG's generally can spec for hipfire or ADS but not both.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    866 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 5
    Yeah I get it but I don't like it. If I've worked to unlock a certain path I'd prefer it remained unlocked as a separate setup. Feel it is bs needing to unlock it numerous times. Kind of hard to compare a weapons two paths this way.

P.S. I've just noticed under my profile name it has my number of posts and then member. What has happened to BF3, BF4, and BF1 that used to follow my name?