Any chance of getting GERMAN helmets for the game?

Bumstag1
60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
As for most people obsessed with history, one of my favourite subject is WW2. Ever since the beginning I felt like something was wrong with the "German" helmets in the game. I looked into it and came to the conclusion: the game actually uses Hungarian helmets for the Wehrmacht forces. The most noticable difference is the curved shape of the Hungarian design, I'm sure you can notice it. Are there any chances of getting real, German helmets at some point?

Hungarian helmet (in-game):

281831d1324590503-ww2-hungarian-helmets-pc179863.jpg?s=e0727569664eb6ac1a05926d4b8e0f6d

German helmet:

398M35DDarmy0004.jpg

Comments

• xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1418 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah, my grandpop brought home a **** **** helmet from the war i still have. I think BF does an alright job, though on BF1, they looked more like M42 helmets, rather than 1916-18 helmets. I think the helmets are alright though. I'd like to see more types of camo though, like say grass that would go great on a map like Panzerstorm.

Personally, i have to say, i think they did pretty good with the customizations on this game. I think all that bizarro we saw, is probably going to come with that Battle Royale, for which i have no interest playing.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I made a suggestion on reddit (with a few upvotes lol) about making the Default Stalhem and the Default brodie available with a class Icon for each class. So similar to the Sanitater helmet but with all 3 other class Icons respectively also doing the same for the Allies.
  • TheBaitOne
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The variety of authentic WW2 headgear for both factions is kind of lacking, the British commonwealth especially has a sh*tload of stuff for DICE to work with like berets, slouch hats, glengarry caps etc.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should add the double decal with Reich Battle Flags one (second picture above). It's in COD WWII.
  • BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bumstag1 wrote: »
    As for most people obsessed with history, one of my favourite subject is WW2. Ever since the beginning I felt like something was wrong with the "German" helmets in the game. I looked into it and came to the conclusion: the game actually uses Hungarian helmets for the Wehrmacht forces. The most noticable difference is the curved shape of the Hungarian design, I'm sure you can notice it. Are there any chances of getting real, German helmets at some point?

281831d1324590503-ww2-hungarian-helmets-pc179863.jpg?s=e0727569664eb6ac1a05926d4b8e0f6d

German helmet:

398M35DDarmy0004.jpg

I honestly can’t tell the difference, the shape of these helmets look exactly the same to me. The only thing different is the color and the flag insignia. Just do what I do and get the soft cap for your German troops, it looks a lot better anyways.
  • Bumstag1
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BoWinston wrote: »

German helmet:

398M35DDarmy0004.jpg

I honestly can’t tell the difference, the shape of these helmets look exactly the same to me. The only thing different is the color and the flag insignia. Just do what I do and get the soft cap for your German troops, it looks a lot better anyways.

Look at the rear of the helmets. The angle is different.

Also given the ammount of detail DICE puts into their games, this really did surprise me.
  • AngryVyper
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 5
    Know I know why the helmets looked not exactly right to me. I am pretty sure they also forgot the rivet and the ventilation hole.

Though some of the cosmetics (I hate that term actually.) or better skins, are really nice, I think some need some revision.
    The Germans all have their chinstraps strapped to the helmet like having a break.
    No insignia on german soldiers at all and boy insignias and emblems where a big thing at this time.

Some jackets for the Allies have stuff on it that is obviously related to a certain kit/ class, so I think it should be exclusive for that so that one can recognize it in the filed. I felt quite dopy the other day as I ran after a guy with a big fat ammo box on his back, just to figure out he was not playing support. :/
  • heresPaul
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While they’re at it, a black panzer uniform would be great aswell!
  • Bumstag1
    heresPaul wrote: »

Yeah interestingly enough you have no option to customize your pilot/tanker. You always get a woman with some random uniform.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1418 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    heresPaul wrote: »

Well, that would be cool, with the panzer helmet as well, but the thing is, making this COD WW2 where you can't decipher which nation is which with all these different colored uniforms may not be a good idea.
  • von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BoWinston wrote: »

German helmet:

398M35DDarmy0004.jpg

Look at the rear of the helmets. The angle is different.

Also given the ammount of detail DICE puts into their games, this really did surprise me.

The bolting is also different, more to the front on the german helmet whereas both the outer details are centered on the hungarian variant.
  • Monarchist_Anglo
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is the Fallschirmjager helmet which is nice. Though I do hope they add more helmet covers and other stuff like netting and foliage.
    The current Stahlhelm looks a bit too small as well.
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    373 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 6

German helmet:

398M35DDarmy0004.jpg

The first one is an hungarian M18. The second one is a german M18. It's not a 1930's - 40's design. It's a WW1 helmet who was stockpiled and then refurbished years later. No need to mass produce new helmets when you have gigantic quantities still there, ready to use. They later repainted it and hand rendered the insignia. Probably was used during the early 30s before the military studied new designs. And even later during the war days, you will never find units completely resupplied by the modern variants. You will always see M18's mixed with M35's even in the same unit.

For the same reason of the germans and hungarians mentioned above, when you look at the pictures of the german army pre and in war days, you also immediately recognize the austrians from the same germans. Because austrians in the same way, kept using their M17 helmet variant (again repainted with the insignia hand rendered) which is clearly easily distinguishable model a bit different from the original german M18

Germans with refurbished M18's

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-H15390%2C_Berlin%2C_Kaserne_der_LSSAH%2C_Vergatterung.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-2005-0020%2C_Adolf_Hitler_auf_einem_Feldflugplatz_im_Osten.jpg

• Bumstag1

German helmet:

398M35DDarmy0004.jpg

The first one is an hungarian M18. The second one is a german M18. It's not a 1930's - 40's design. It's a WW1 helmet who was stockpiled and then refurbished years later. No need to mass produce new helmets when you have gigantic quantities still there, ready to use. They later repainted it and hand rendered the insignia. Probably was used during the early 30s before the military studied new designs. And even later during the war days, you will never find units completely resupplied by the modern variants. You will always see M18's mixed with M35's even in the same unit.

For the same reason of the germans and hungarians mentioned above, when you look at the pictures of the german army pre and in war days, you also immediately recognize the austrians from the same germans. Because austrians in the same way, kept using their M17 helmet variant (again repainted with the insignia hand rendered) which is clearly easily distinguishable model a bit different from the original german M18

Germans with refurbished M18's

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-H15390%2C_Berlin%2C_Kaserne_der_LSSAH%2C_Vergatterung.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-2005-0020%2C_Adolf_Hitler_auf_einem_Feldflugplatz_im_Osten.jpg

You are wrong. They did not use M18 variants in WW2. This is what an M18 looks like:

S08121171.jpg

Notice that it's larger than the M35. The pictures in the first post are clearly M35 or later models.
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    449 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Cheap game, cheap devs,....