Weekly BF

To all you medics out there

Comments

• TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So you admit you're mainly an easy mode player, no wonder you were defending assault so hard lol
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    I'd say reviving, as it is a valuable team mechanic, but it's pretty situational in this game because of the animation, and there's a ton of revives I just can't chance in this game because I know I'll just die.

The class is pretty underwhelming compared to at least Assault and Support.
    And how now everybody can buddy revive and if you stick with squadmates, as everybody should, there should always be a nearby squadmate to revive you when the threat is dealth with or simply if you die beind cover (in that scenario, that it takes 5 sec instead of 2 to revive you changes nothing).

Playing in a squad with @MachoFantast1c0 @Hawxxeye I never worry about revives because the squad revive and they are fantastic teammates.

Playing in an organised squad with mics makes a huge difference.

However playing in random squads (which would be the majority of players) is another story, this is where medics really shine.

Thing is, a class shouldn't only really shine when used in pubs. That actively goes against trying to have a competitive scene which we know is something dice wants (like we saw in their attempt at a ranked game mode with incursions).
  • bran1986
    5741 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd say reviving, as it is a valuable team mechanic, but it's pretty situational in this game because of the animation, and there's a ton of revives I just can't chance in this game because I know I'll just die.

And how now everybody can buddy revive and if you stick with squadmates, as everybody should, there should always be a nearby squadmate to revive you when the threat is dealth with or simply if you die beind cover (in that scenario, that it takes 5 sec instead of 2 to revive you changes nothing).

Playing in a squad with @MachoFantast1c0 @Hawxxeye I never worry about revives because the squad revive and they are fantastic teammates.

However playing in random squads (which would be the majority of players) is another story, this is where medics really shine.

See that hasn't been my experience at all when playing with randoms. I went three straight matches yesterday without a single revive. I then got into a good squad and the bulk of the revives I got was from a support player. With the health stations, spawning with bandages, and buddy revives, it feels like medics are a luxury and not a necessity.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Every time I decide to give the medic class another go, I play for maybe 10 minutes and then switch classes.
  • Khomrad_Dredge
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would have respect for medics but.....
    Medic 3m...
    Medic 7m...
    Medic 17m...
    Medic 25m

Bare in mind this is usually after the fire fight has ended.
  • fortress66
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I’m pure assault and a very good assault at that.. I wanted to give medic a real good try no issues with scoring high and reviving..

But god damn... I went from a killing demon to absolute cannon fodder! I tried the Suomi 50 mag I could barely manage a 1-1 KD!!

So for that I tip my hat to you guys! If you’re a high fragger with a medic gun you have earned my upmost respect!

The best mode for playing medics is DeathMatch.. Medics shine
  • VOLBANKER
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would have respect for medics but.....
    Medic 3m...
    Medic 7m...
    Medic 17m...
    Medic 25m

Bare in mind this is usually after the fire fight has ended.
    If your squad is moving, you gotta move along with it. That goes for medics as well as every other class. Sometimes this means there is no time to revive everybody.

Also: as medic main I balance my medic duties with killing enemies and capping/defending flags. If I were somehow forced as medic to always do all revives, then the class would be tedious to play.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2038 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

See that hasn't been my experience at all when playing with randoms. I went three straight matches yesterday without a single revive. I then got into a good squad and the bulk of the revives I got was from a support player. With the health stations, spawning with bandages, and buddy revives, it feels like medics are a luxury and not a necessity.

I agree with both of you, but if you are the medic in a random squad, you have to have the mindset of Mother Teresa. Playing medic can surely make a difference in the match, but the cost is pretty steep. Especially if there are no other medics, and your squad mates are of the selfish kind. I do find that occasionally you get a really nice squad, and some people want to return the favor. Then the game feels rewarding to play. However, this is not often. Mostly playing medic solo in this game is either boring or frustrating.
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Every time I decide to give the medic class another go, I play for maybe 10 minutes and then switch classes.

As you should. I have been justifying my assault usage my golding all the medic guns (only EMP to go now), but when it's done I'm so going to get back to wrecking havoc at all ranges and destroying vehicles. At least until it is time to gold scout...
  • Hawxxeye
    5938 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 7
    [

I agree with both of you, but if you are the medic in a random squad, you have to have the mindset of Mother Teresa. Playing medic can surely make a difference in the match, but the cost is pretty steep. Especially if there are no other medics, and your squad mates are of the selfish kind. I do find that occasionally you get a really nice squad, and some people want to return the favor. Then the game feels rewarding to play. However, this is not often. Mostly playing medic solo in this game is either boring or frustrating.
    Actually a medic with the Mother Teresa mindset would let the wounded die in agony while he would still be screaming for a revive when it is he (the medic) who is bleeding out.
    Florence Nightingale would be a better example
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2038 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    [

Actually a medic with the Mother Teresa mindset would let the wounded die in agony while he would still be screaming for a revive when it is he (the medic) who is bleeding out.
    Florence Nightingale would be a better example

I stand corrected.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mean, sure, they're limited by range and the weapons could for the most part do with a slight buff, but I actually quite like Medic and can do reasonably well with it. I think you do have to sort of force yourself into a certain playstyle - equip all the smoke gadgets and stick to cover when moving from objective to objective, heal yourself when you take any damage at all, and don't try to engage people at range just spot the area so your squad knows where to look, but if you're playing with a competent squad who are actually working together (tbf that is hard to get if you're not talking to them) then the medic can be a very valuable asset.
    I would quite like to see them possibly get some of the Carbine weapons (the new weapon class found in the files), for example the Commando carbine or a similar weapon without the silenced effect could be cool, a bit more range than an SMG but you are more vulnerable at close range.
  • TuxedoBanana279
    345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tommy gun is the only medic gun worth using.

MP40 isn't bad
  • BtheReaper49
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's really the Sten and MP40 all day, every day. I was using the EMP and MP28 to rank up the skins and when I went to the MP40 it was like night and day. Sten and MP40 have some of the best CQC as well as midrange capabilities. All of the other medic weapons have too much crazy recoil to be effective against the M1A1 Carbine, Geweher, and essentially the whole Support class laser accurate weapons. You have to be incredibly sneaky to use any of the other weapons effectively. Can it be done? Sure, but you have to be EXTRA cautious and most players don't have that kind of patience. Very difficult to medic on Hamada or Aerodrome. The other maps can be ok in various sections. Unfortunately the class is just not as kill friendly as other classes. And while for many its about PTFO, it's ultimately about K/D for the large majority.
    I medic main but only because I like reviving and I love SMG's. I probably got that from BF1😀 playing the assault class. BFV is a different story though....
  • hawkseye17
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Medic guns all suck at all ranges. Don't even bother. I played medic a lot in BF1 (despite the horrible guns) but I just can't tolerate BFV's horrible medic guns.
  • fortress66
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I started to play deathmatch recently and i was surprised to see alot of medics and teamates help each other. Really different than playing grand operation, conquest, Breakthrough etc. Its the only mode i choose to play medics,, I like the gun in there
  • xFEARtheSHIELDx
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    I'll repeat something I said in another thread, in the hopes of helping my medic bros:

Two things I've been finding very helpful for medic guns at midrange:

1) stance bonuses: All guns get less recoil when croutched, and even less when prone. Due to the heavy recoil, these bonuses are most noticeable with medic guns.

2) use the semi mode! Suomi and MP34 can go back and forth between semi/full auto. In past Battlefields it was pointless, but in BFV semi-auto actually gives you less recoil! Strategic use of this control is vital. Console players should find a way to bind it so you don't have to take your fingers off the sticks (I used the left stick press, and made "sprint" happen by simply pressing forward) and can rapidly switch depending on range (very useful for the Drilling as well).

The best part is you can combine these techniques and reach out to very surprising ranges, even with something with heavy recoil like the Suomi. I always wonder what people think when I quickly down them with the Suomi at 50m :#
  • Cuzin_1t
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    I understand the fear of giving the medic anything but SMGs. Technically, with infinite heals, the medic would be immortal unless the game forced him to be in the middle of the fray.

But SMGs make the class all but useless on a lot of the maps - you are permanently confined to certain routes only.

Also SMGs make you do this weird circle as you try race ahead to a range you're effective at, and then run back to everyone who died behind you.

The class needs some love, with a mid-range option at the very least and some good gadgets...I'll still run smoke but it would be nice to feel like I have an option.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    961 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If i could choose I'd make these "carbines" that might or might not come medic and I would definitely take the M1A1 away from the Assault since the class is already stacked at all ranges and give that to the medic since it behaves more like a carbine and medic would then have a decent mid-range option that is still capable of engaging in QCQ...
    But if i really can go ham with my way:
    1. Semi-autos to the medic
    2. Shotguns to the assault
    3. Sten and MP40 become all-kit weapons
    4. Dynamite goes to the recon
    5. AT-Grenades can be equipped by medic and Recon (so every class has a chance to chip in against tanks)
    6. Increased recoil across the board since its next to non-existent with most weapons
    And to top it all off the net-code needs to be fixed as well as the next to absent audio design
  • One_Eyed_W1LLy
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Medic is fine if you know how to play it ;)
  • paka90
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Being not to hot in the killing department playing as Medic i try to help the squad i am in.
    I don't want to engage the enemy at great distances as my squad mates are there for that and I can keep them alive moving in close support with them.
    I just want to be feared at close range......I want the enemy squad to worry that there maybe a Medic about near the squad they have just decimated who has weapons that close up deal out real damage (10 / 20 meters would be a nice distance) to all of the enemy moving up....not just one if i'm lucky .
    ADS seems a thing of the past using most SMGs....now its more spray and pray for me.

Looking forward to getting the Thompson.

Just my opinion.....I am not giving up on the game .....If DICE are listening it will get better.