Weekly Debrief

To all you medics out there

Comments

• Ov3r_ToRQueD
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If i could choose I'd make these "carbines" that might or might not come medic and I would definitely take the M1A1 away from the Assault since the class is already stacked at all ranges and give that to the medic since it behaves more like a carbine and medic would then have a decent mid-range option that is still capable of engaging in QCQ...
    But if i really can go ham with my way:
    1. Semi-autos to the medic
    2. Shotguns to the assault
    3. Sten and MP40 become all-kit weapons
    4. Dynamite goes to the recon
    5. AT-Grenades can be equipped by medic and Recon (so every class has a chance to chip in against tanks)
    6. Increased recoil across the board since its next to non-existent with most weapons
    And to top it all off the net-code needs to be fixed as well as the next to absent audio design

The problem with carbine such as M1A1 is a reload time, noticed tons of assaults who chose to use that they all sit together at the back with Turner SMLE or Gewehr 43. Its a decent defensive gun but if given to us, that would force medics to camp as well. I am happy with just SMGs, just decrease recoil, buff them for CqB where it should always come out on top, and make them a bit better for mid range 40-70m.
  • Cropulus
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Medic is fine if you know how to play it ;)

Even though I do fine with the medic, I do not agree. As a class that has only one option available to them, we do not excell at any range. That I think is wrong with the class. We do not have any other options available to us for the various maps and even if we manage to manouvre around the map to provide ourselves with the best chance of winning the gun fight a hipfiring or bipodded MMG as well as the shotty will have the best chance of coming out of that fight alive. Please do not get me started on any of the other ranges
  • One_Eyed_W1LLy
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cropulus wrote: »

Even though I do fine with the medic, I do not agree. As a class that has only one option available to them, we do not excell at any range. That I think is wrong with the class. We do not have any other options available to us for the various maps and even if we manage to manouvre around the map to provide ourselves with the best chance of winning the gun fight a hipfiring or bipodded MMG as well as the shotty will have the best chance of coming out of that fight alive. Please do not get me started on any of the other ranges

Oh, so your idea of 'Medic' is winning gunfights? Methinks thats your problem right there :)
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    987 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    If i could choose I'd make these "carbines" that might or might not come medic and I would definitely take the M1A1 away from the Assault since the class is already stacked at all ranges and give that to the medic since it behaves more like a carbine and medic would then have a decent mid-range option that is still capable of engaging in QCQ...
    But if i really can go ham with my way:
    1. Semi-autos to the medic
    2. Shotguns to the assault
    3. Sten and MP40 become all-kit weapons
    4. Dynamite goes to the recon
    5. AT-Grenades can be equipped by medic and Recon (so every class has a chance to chip in against tanks)
    6. Increased recoil across the board since its next to non-existent with most weapons
    And to top it all off the net-code needs to be fixed as well as the next to absent audio design

The problem with carbine such as M1A1 is a reload time, noticed tons of assaults who chose to use that they all sit together at the back with Turner SMLE or Gewehr 43. Its a decent defensive gun but if given to us, that would force medics to camp as well. I am happy with just SMGs, just decrease recoil, buff them for CqB where it should always come out on top, and make them a bit better for mid range 40-70m.

and why would that promote camping heck i would even take a deal that medic wont get access to 3x scopes as long as i get at least one reasonable choice in the weapons-department and with the current visibility camping is the META and no matter what guns you choose camping in a bush/corner/shadow/corpse/wall/etc. will always be more effective then pushing an objective as far as i am concerned at best more ppl will use the medic and more medics would mean more healing and reviving as well as the assault spam would get a damper so in retrospect tanks become more potent as do snipers who struggle against G43 or SL1916
    assault as it stands now needs only one more thing to become completely self-sufficient and i already read threads demanding that if assault picks up ammo from a dead enemy they should also pick up health to make them get back to 100 sooner or later without using a med-station or a medic
    In BF1 the medic had weapons that were versatile why is it so impossible to give them something versatile in BFV and dont give me the self-heal is op strawman because if that were the case medic would be the most popular class and newsflash its not not even close
    asault and support do the exect same DPS within 10m and have higher RPM and still decent hip-fire at these ranges so with your SMGs you are still at best evenly matched and in most cases you will loose because higher RPM wins within 10m and beyond 20m is where every SMG becomes outclassed by any other primary besides Bolt-action
    so yeah i think it would be time to give the medic a gun that performs on par with assault we dont want the STG44 or SL1906SF the assault can keep them but we want a chance to engage with the squad and since 99% of the time you will be the only medic in a squad dominated by support/assault that will not push in with you you neglegt the healing for them and who wins in that situation? no one
  • xKusagamix
    996 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    I would love to see if they give Medic the Shotgun variant, why on earth do they design a CQB based class while giving other class Shotgun.

And some mechanic or gadget that benefit the Medic class at CQB, things like the Flash flare gun from BF1 and only Medic class has the ability to instant use the Health pouch in a middle of a fightfire.

SMGs are fine, yes Medic still need some love, but people who keep saying that Medic class is worthless at all range is just dead wrong. Also people who complain about how useless the Medic class is in big open map must be those who running alone expecting to get an even fight with other class, i'm sorry but it's should not be your job at that range, your Assault/Support/Recon squad mate should be the one doing that if you actually play as a squad, instead of some lonewolf Medic like BF4 running and killing all over the map.

BFV was shipped out with that mindset for the Medic class, so you'll need to adapt that in big open map you should stay behind healing squad mate so they can keep fighting, and when you're in your natural habitat you can quickly get in and get out (Medic can sprint the fastest of all).
  • Cropulus
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Oh, so your idea of 'Medic' is winning gunfights? Methinks thats your problem right there :)

Look up my stats maybe? Stats have not been updated, so I cannot see where I am today, but I am top 0,3% in medic score, top 1% in revives, top 1% in providing heals, top 1% in completed squad orders. These were positions I had last week and I have been climbing the score boards as I only recently started playing medic a lot. Methinks you assume more than you should....

Everyone that keeps saying medics are there to revive should think about the overall balance of the game and whether they are intelligent enough to understand that people play first person shooters to kill people as opposed to being target practice..... I am not asking to excell at all ranges and I am not asking for semi-autos either. I want the ability to clear the proximity for the ability to do my job and that is reviving people, whether that is by flanking or protecting flanks. If I have one gun option available to me, while other classes have two or more, I want to excell at the intended range capibilities of the gun in question.

I can tell you straight up, that I would stop playing medic if I am just a bullet sponge that revives people. I do not think I am alone in this.
  • HC_Kake1
    54 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    Medic is my favourite and I do well with it. Best class to run&gun in my opinion. Gotta love those smokes and keeping your TEAM up and gunning.

Recon is just for long +. The coser you are the harder it will get.

Assault is NICE for everything but in extreme ranges

Support is for more defensive/slower playstyle.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    987 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 8
    @xKusagamix "Medic can sprint the fastest of all"

What do you base that on as far as i know sprinting speed is the same for every infantry class as it has always been
    maybe since nearly everyone is crouch-sprinting all the time you feel faster but you are not in fact
  • HC_Kake1

What do you base that on as far as i know sprinting speed is the same for every infantry class as it has always been
    maybe since nearly everyone is crouch-sprinting all the time you feel faster but you are not in fact

Spot an fellow dead guy or get hit a few times makes you faster. Only 1 of them at time.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    HC_Kake1 wrote: »

Spot an fellow dead guy or get hit a few times makes you faster. Only 1 of them at time.

But thats just a slight increase if you pick that specific combat role it does not make the class any better in terms of gun-play
  • HC_Kake1

But thats just a slight increase if you pick that specific combat role it does not make the class any better in terms of gun-play

Doesnt make you faster all the time*
    Gunplay is good if youre good. Atleast on consoles its good.
  • xKusagamix
    996 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8

The first combat role give you faster sprinting speed if you pin a downed teammate. The second combat role give you faster sprinting speed while you're in low health.

How come Medic is your most played class but you don't know this already?
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    @HC_Kake1 on PC recoil is next to non- existent assault is by far the strongest class followed by support scout and medic were left in the dirt and to top it off medic is the only class that has just one weapon category and was even promised something new like assault and support even scout has gotten a new weapon by now
    so yeah i think the class that needs "some" love is the medic and its the only class that has only one playstyle which in and of itself gets really boring really fast because if i want mindless run and gun i could also play COD
    assalut is just 5x more versatile at everything as is support
    and i call that simply bad class design
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    The EMP is decent as is the Tommy, the Sten is workable as well.

Agreed with the sentiment though if you're a decent Medic chances are you'd be an absolute assault beast.
  • LordWorgull
    37 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m pure assault and a very good assault at that..

The only way to be bad with assault is to switch your monitor off.

Back to topic: Im currently running medic with MP40 and all hipfire perks. Feels good at mid and shortrange. You are slightly underpowered against other medics with TommyGun or Sumoi if you engage CC. But it still works fine 4 me.

But mainly it feels like medics are not that well thought. Snipers and Medics feel like....hmmm cant name it. It feels like they are not invited to the party. Could talk 4 ever about this, but thats not part of the topic.
  • One_Eyed_W1LLy
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Look up my stats maybe? Stats have not been updated, so I cannot see where I am today, but I am top 0,3% in medic score, top 1% in revives, top 1% in providing heals, top 1% in completed squad orders. These were positions I had last week and I have been climbing the score boards as I only recently started playing medic a lot. Methinks you assume more than you should....

Everyone that keeps saying medics are there to revive should think about the overall balance of the game and whether they are intelligent enough to understand that people play first person shooters to kill people as opposed to being target practice..... I am not asking to excell at all ranges and I am not asking for semi-autos either. I want the ability to clear the proximity for the ability to do my job and that is reviving people, whether that is by flanking or protecting flanks. If I have one gun option available to me, while other classes have two or more, I want to excell at the intended range capibilities of the gun in question.

I can tell you straight up, that I would stop playing medic if I am just a bullet sponge that revives people. I do not think I am alone in this.

Blah blah blah. No-one cares what your stats are.
    Have a nice day! :)
  • xKusagamix
    edited January 8
    I’m pure assault and a very good assault at that..

The only way to be bad with assault is to switch your monitor off.

Back to topic: Im currently running medic with MP40 and all hipfire perks. Feels good at mid and shortrange. You are slightly underpowered against other medics with TommyGun or Sumoi if you engage CC. But it still works fine 4 me.

But mainly it feels like medics are not that well thought. Snipers and Medics feel like....hmmm cant name it. It feels like they are not invited to the party. Could talk 4 ever about this, but thats not part of the topic.
    Don't know about Medic but Recon is wrecked by DICE's idea. They lowered the damage model for BA rifles because they believed that more people will run around with less than 60 health, and it somehow did in the Alpha and Beta, no one spawn with a health pouch. But they changed that in the official launch without thinking about the affect of it for the Recon class, everyone spawn with full health and a health pouch on the get go.

If BA Rifles have higher damage at close range then you'll see more and more Recon use BA Rifle with iron sight playing aggressive. You either use SLR or aim for the head all the time with BA Rifles or you're screwed.
  • HC_Kake1
    edited January 8
    Removing all the ammo and health boxes outside of an flag would bring medic and support more needed.

Dont know what removing that 1 pouch at respawn would do. I think it might be a good idea.
  • Loqtrall
    12032 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    Dont know what removing that 1 pouch at respawn would do. I think it might be a good idea.

It was like that in alpha and beta and it got complained about incessantly. That's what it would do.
  • Cropulus

Blah blah blah. No-one cares what your stats are.
    Have a nice day! :)

Thanks for the wonderful contribution to a group that is thinking about how to improve and balance the game. You are truly a fantastic addition to the forums! :)