Weekly BF

To all you medics out there

1235»

Comments

• HC_Kake1
    54 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    HC_Kake1 wrote: »
    Dont know what removing that 1 pouch at respawn would do. I think it might be a good idea.

It was like that in alpha and beta and it got complained about incessantly. That's what it would do.

It would also probably slow the game down too much. I would remove all boxes outside flags and base tho.
  • zenn_nme
    814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gotta say playing the Medic class gives me more satisfaction/accomplishment in BFV than any other class.
    Though I wonder what if they gave the Medic class the Grenade Rifle...? (instead of the Assault)
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2040 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Dont know what removing that 1 pouch at respawn would do. I think it might be a good idea.

It was like that in alpha and beta and it got complained about incessantly. That's what it would do.

It would also probably slow the game down too much. I would remove all boxes outside flags and base tho.

Basically it forced you to insane amounts of busywork on all spawns to find a supply box and de-incentivized spawning on squad mates. It did however make medics a lot more valuable, but unfortunately it failed to turn medic players into teamworking miracles. A good, coordinated and well made-up squad would have been a true force to reckon with, but this would only have accelerated player churn. So the design vision was dead on arrival on all accounts, and what we have now is poorly thought out emergency measure.
  • Ov3r_ToRQueD
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    I’m pure assault and a very good assault at that..

The only way to be bad with assault is to switch your monitor off.

Back to topic: Im currently running medic with MP40 and all hipfire perks. Feels good at mid and shortrange. You are slightly underpowered against other medics with TommyGun or Sumoi if you engage CC. But it still works fine 4 me.

But mainly it feels like medics are not that well thought. Snipers and Medics feel like....hmmm cant name it. It feels like they are not invited to the party. Could talk 4 ever about this, but thats not part of the topic.
    Don't know about Medic but Recon is wrecked by DICE's idea. They lowered the damage model for BA rifles because they believed that more people will run around with less than 60 health, and it somehow did in the Alpha and Beta, no one spawn with a health pouch. But they changed that in the official launch without thinking about the affect of it for the Recon class, everyone spawn with full health and a health pouch on the get go.

If BA Rifles have higher damage at close range then you'll see more and more Recon use BA Rifle with iron sight playing aggressive. You either use SLR or aim for the head all the time with BA Rifles or you're screwed.

Nobody wants kids with their ghetto shotguns.
  • Loqtrall
    12032 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »

Back to topic: Im currently running medic with MP40 and all hipfire perks. Feels good at mid and shortrange. You are slightly underpowered against other medics with TommyGun or Sumoi if you engage CC. But it still works fine 4 me.

But mainly it feels like medics are not that well thought. Snipers and Medics feel like....hmmm cant name it. It feels like they are not invited to the party. Could talk 4 ever about this, but thats not part of the topic.
    Don't know about Medic but Recon is wrecked by DICE's idea. They lowered the damage model for BA rifles because they believed that more people will run around with less than 60 health, and it somehow did in the Alpha and Beta, no one spawn with a health pouch. But they changed that in the official launch without thinking about the affect of it for the Recon class, everyone spawn with full health and a health pouch on the get go.

If BA Rifles have higher damage at close range then you'll see more and more Recon use BA Rifle with iron sight playing aggressive. You either use SLR or aim for the head all the time with BA Rifles or you're screwed.

Many people actually do.

The ironic thing is why they're called ghetto shotguns. There's currently a shotgun in this game that OHKs to a considerable distance (further than the OHK range of rifles in past games) and has the ability to fire a rifle round that 2hks the body and OHKs to the head at any range JUST LIKE RIFLES. And you can achieve its OHK in close range by firing from the hip.

I don't see how anyone can see a weapon like that and then insist that having rifles that you actually HAVE TO AIM WITH with an OHK range from 0 to 12.5m would be "broken" or "overpowered".

Literally every shotgun in this game has the ability to OHK in close range, or equip slugs/rifle rounds that allow them to engage and compete at longer ranges.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    Vycinas2 wrote: »

Instead of "ghetto shotguns" we have "ghetto sniper rifles."

The shotguns in this game, especially the M30 Drilling, can one hit kill to the head at range just like a bolt action. The M30 Drilling even does more damage to the chest than a bolt action with its rifle rounds.
  • VOLBANKER
    1047 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    Oh, so your idea of 'Medic' is winning gunfights? Methinks thats your problem right there :)
    So as a medic, when I go to revive a teammate and encounter one or more enemies on the way, you think I should simply say “pretty please with sugar on top, will you kindly let me pass” ?

Sometimes you do have to fire your weapon as medic in order to do your medic work (shocking, I know!)

• VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    Oh, so your idea of 'Medic' is winning gunfights? Methinks thats your problem right there :)
    So as a medic, when I go to revive a teammate and encounter one or more enemies on the way, you think I should simply say “pretty please with sugar on top, will you kindly let me pass” ?

Sometimes you do have to fire your weapon as medic in order to do your medic work (shocking, I know!)

Thank you. I was too lazy to respond to his idiocy. So many "severely cognitively impaired" (to remain politically correct) individuals believe we should transform BF into a moba or MMO it seems.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's all about the maps and gamemodes.... play medic on something other than conquest or breakthrough and wow does the class actually feel useful and purposeful.

It needs a couple guns to really bridge that CQC only into the mid range for the more open maps.