HELP - Pinging at 30ms but still lagging

wfeei9tt7g4q
postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Hey everyone, I'm in need of some help here. I've never posted before, but I thought maybe you someone here would be able to give me some insight. I recently upgraded my Internet to 1,000mbs and all of my devices have been working great. My download speed hovers between 185-220mbs, and my upload is around 36mbs. My latency is 30ms in Battlefield (though in my Xbox network setting it says it's at 57ms). The problem is, I'm having really bad lag issues. Sometimes it's better than others, but it's always present. I only seldom had lag issues before upgrading to this new Internet package and all of my other devices are currently working fine and fast. I use WiFi and am at 100% connectivity with my console... can anyone help? The only thing I haven't tried is using an ethernet cable to do direct input, but I don't know how much that will help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• deedub5
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 12
    Wired connection helps. If your TV has a game mode, switch to that. Supposedly Port forwarding helps, too. But with DICE's netcode, we with low latency still get screwed.. probably still happens to everyone tho
  • ackers75
    1752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey everyone, I'm in need of some help here. I've never posted before, but I thought maybe you someone here would be able to give me some insight. I recently upgraded my Internet to 1,000mbs and all of my devices have been working great. My download speed hovers between 185-220mbs, and my upload is around 36mbs. My latency is 30ms in Battlefield (though in my Xbox network setting it says it's at 57ms). The problem is, I'm having really bad lag issues. Sometimes it's better than others, but it's always present. I only seldom had lag issues before upgrading to this new Internet package and all of my other devices are currently working fine and fast. I use WiFi and am at 100% connectivity with my console... can anyone help? The only thing I haven't tried is using an ethernet cable to do direct input, but I don't know how much that will help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Turn on the network graph in the battlefield v settings and see if you have a lot of ping variation or dropped packets
  • zack9912000
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

ackers75 wrote: »
    Turn on the network graph in the battlefield v settings and see if you have a lot of ping variation or dropped packets

What’s funny is I have had this happen twice this week and it wasn’t just me it was nearly everyone on the servers ping spiked high and I mean 600 plus high and for about 45-90 seconds this went on for and shortly afterward everyone was fine and back to normal. EAs servers have always been garbage and I wash we could have private servers again.
  • SteveSt1fler
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Usually theres at least few potatos playing out of region which screws the servers. Bf1 almost unplayable last couple days because people are too lazy to use the search function
  • HillbillyJohn
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have lag spikes that last a few seconds in BF1 but not in BFV. Also had a friend say my ping was higher on the scoreboard than it was when I looked at it, same thing with his ping I saw his higher than he did. How can both be right or am I missing something?
  • SteveSt1fler
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had a horrible time last night im bfv. 1 player on the other team had a 242 latency on xbox, and another with 140 on my team. Caused my entire party to rubberband. 2 players did that lul
  • zack9912000
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 18
    I see the servers are having problems again no surprise. EA servers are like government healthcare, slow service and always broken. Constantly rubber banding issues and It will say 20 seconds later I get killed from a guy on a cliff That I have long since pasted or die from a guy one min he’s not there to next he’s there flickering across the screen Come on EA your servers problems already don’t help with the garbage netcode
    Post edited by zack9912000 on
  • dead_gretzel
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I see the servers are having problems again no surprise. EA servers are like government healthcare, slow service and always broken. Constantly rubber banding issues and It will say 20 seconds later I get killed from a guy on a cliff That I have long since pasted or die from a guy one min he’s not there to next he’s there flickering across the screen Come on EA your servers problems already don’t help with the garbage netcode

That's a bit exaggerated but it is pretty unacceptable to step behind a trench wall and then die nearly two seconds later to the lmg **** spraying down the corridor because your hitbox is behind you. So many resources put it this game for just advertising.