Game Share issue

utjsh83
1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I just got my son this game and an xbox for Christmas specifically so that i could play this game with him (me on a separate xbox). Game share allows us to do this for all other games except Battlefield V. Do i have to return the game?... because that's the only reason i bought it. EXTREMELY PISSED OFF!!!!

Comments

• lionking7001
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It works fine for me. Have you set up one of your boxes as main console? The person with Xbox live registered will have to use the non main console. You find these settings under family settings on your Xbox.
  • Birkhoff9200
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not a problem of game , but of your xbox's settings
  • CosmicStriker
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    so both xbox's need a live subscription , and the one that owns BF needs to make the others their home xbox, and then long on to the one that is not their home xbox and now BF can be played on both and only buying it for one.
    there are many web pages and clips that explain how to do this.
  • lionking7001
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You only need one Xbox live subscription per family. Then read my post above.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    utjsh83 wrote: »
    I just got my son this game and an xbox for Christmas specifically so that i could play this game with him (me on a separate xbox). Game share allows us to do this for all other games except Battlefield V. Do i have to return the game?... because that's the only reason i bought it. EXTREMELY PISSED OFF!!!!

You say return it. Does this mean you bought a physical copy? Because game share only works with digital games.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    so both xbox's need a live subscription , and the one that owns BF needs to make the others their home xbox, and then long on to the one that is not their home xbox and now BF can be played on both and only buying it for one.
    there are many web pages and clips that explain how to do this.

Both accounts do not need xbox live. My wife and I have been sharing for years and only 1 account needs the game and xbox live while the other does not.

Need to make is gamertag home on your xbox and your gamertag home his xbox.
  • full951
    2455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    are you sharing back and forth or just one way? because that matters.