Recon gadgets

DingoKillr
3507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
This was in another thread I wanted to get feedback on adjustments that could be made to these ideas.

Looking at gadgets it is bizarre how
Assault has the most versatile and effective followed by Support, then Recon and last Medic(lack of gadgets) .

AP mine - not effective as it requires 2, it looks as if it was set for a game with no auto Regen health or players being frequently at 100%. I am not sure what could be adjusted beside upping the damage as it is carried by other classes too.

Spawn beacon - does what it should however the squad has no idea it is there unless you look on the deploy screen. It should be the default point on the squad spaw screen. It would mean up to a max 7 spawn points on the squad instead of 3.

Sniper decoy - requires glint to function. This is why glint should be on all scopes across all classes greater than 150m away. So even if the decoy is placed less then 150m from targets the glint would still be visible to attract shooters.

Spotting scope - fine. If you like staying at range.

Flare Gun - joke.
1st distance if Recon is meant to be behind others. Less than 50m is pretty tight for the current classes of weapons.
2nd radius wow it so big it barely covers the small 4 room house. Great way to help others
3rd ammo max 2. Yer if attrition was real for all classes no issue but it is not.
4th can be countered and clearly visible when in use.
Note: flares don't work under cover or when fired at the ground.
Improvements in range, radius and ammo are the biggest factors if Recon continues to not have short range weapons. Only radius would need a increase if Recon had short range weapons.

There is so much lacking with Recon at least the gadgets should be helpful to the team.

New gadget.
Perimeter flare like AP mine when triggered would launch a flare into the sky but height would restrict flare radius.

Comments

• DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It s a cheap game man,.... There are so much lacking in general.....

I agree with you 100% but i bet that recon class will stay that way.
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im sure I saw the developers comment on changing 2 of the things you mention.

1. The flare gun isn't working as intended and is to be fixed. It seems it's meant to have a large radius at its max height which then reduces as it drops in height.

2. A redesign of the Deploy screen something akin to how it was in BF4 where you saw an overview of the battlefield and a wee inset showing squad mates in 3rd person.

I don't have a source to hand for these but I'm pretty certain I didn't dream them up.

As for myself i am a useless sniper but I love the Spawn Beacon and I always play as a pathfinder to spawn on others beacons. I always tell my squad mates I've deployed one which helps.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like how spawn beacon worked in 3 (even if it was bug which wasn't fixed): when you deployed one, your soldier spawn point was replaced to beacon in deploy screen.
  • AychAychAych
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting scope is not fun to use at all, you become instant target to all 3x scopers in the wild the moment they see your glint in the distance.
    And the spotting only persists if you keep looking at your targets, who will easily just run behind one of the many million brushes and trees each BFV map is full of.
    I only found it useful on Aerodome at certain locations.
  • Hawxxeye
    5350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting scope is not fun to use at all, you become instant target to all 3x scopers in the wild the moment they see your glint in the distance.
    And the spotting only persists if you keep looking at your targets, who will easily just run behind one of the many million brushes and trees each BFV map is full of.
    the spotting scope does not have a glint, I have tested it
    However you can still be spotted by other spotting scopes
  • zoinkersScoob
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree on most of your thoughts and observations (especially what they did to the flare whitch was far from overused in BF1) but would like to say something about our (or rather the scout’s) ability to go agressive.

I’m a lousy sniper and tend to just lie around with the scope, spot and get crappy stas.

Later in BF1 I only used the 1903 Experimental just for it’s CC-abilitiy, so in BFV I was quite lost.

It was not until recently I started to use a Semi-automatic rifle (selbstlader) with iron sight and it works really well.

• DingoKillr
    3507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree on most of your thoughts and observations (especially what they did to the flare whitch was far from overused in BF1) but would like to say something about our (or rather the scout’s) ability to go agressive.

I’m a lousy sniper and tend to just lie around with the scope, spot and get crappy stas.

Later in BF1 I only used the 1903 Experimental just for it’s CC-abilitiy, so in BFV I was quite lost.

It was not until recently I started to use a Semi-automatic rifle (selbstlader) with iron sight and it works really well.

That is why I suggested 2 new weapons classes.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/173731/2-new-catergories#latest
  • CreedManiac
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

In bf1 you would always have at least a flare for each flag, it WAS overused and it would become a cheesy way to ignore the spotting mechanic of bf5.
  • xKusagamix
    933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting scope doesn't has scope glint, and a lot of times it even spot someone which i don't even see.
  • zoinkersScoob
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

In bf1 you would always have at least a flare for each flag, it WAS overused and it would become a cheesy way to ignore the spotting mechanic of bf5.

I disagree.
    It might depend on game mode, I only play Conquest and cannot say anything about the others.

To me it sounds like you claim there is one flare shot at every flag more or less the full game or as soon as a squad tried to cap it and that is just wrong.

Go to a Conquest game and look at the big map and I think you’ll see what I mean.

I do however agree with you on your thoughts about how they, the BF1 flares, don’t quite fit the BFV spotting mechanism.

Maybe if the scope spotting symbols were just a tad larger?

And finally -just for recognition of the spotting scout (and my ego), how about a small text saying ”Spotted by...” among allt the other information you get at a kill.

You get all them ”supplied by” and ”revived by” infos which makes it possible to find out who the squad/team-players are.

It really sucks when all you get for keeping your distance and spot/snipe is to be kicked from the squad.
  • KPNuts74
    497 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The AP Mines are my fave gadget in the game (almost got 400 free kills with them).
  • Qwagm1re
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

They also added the ability to defeat that mechanic. Don't forget that.