This game is becoming too campy its not very fun at times.

V99999
169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So basically at this point in the games life cycle this game has turned into a camp fest. It can be very unenjoyable to be part of this on both ends. On one side your entire team will camp off point to scared to move and this constant headglitching thru the environment sucks to get killed by some guy you can't even see. How long do you guys think this current meta can last?

Comments

• XxCHAOS315xX
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's just a side effect of battlefield games. At least a third of your team is gonne decide to not contribute to the team and just camp and be useless even though you get way more points when you ptfo. I dont understand why people would camp due to the ttk. You can kill them as fast as they can kill you.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 6
    Not long. The fast TTK is killing it bringing on this campfest you're speaking about, to the point DICE tried to do something about it. They're going to have to look at 32 player conquest matches, and/or maybe more casual servers with TTK cut in half. That'll eliminate the campfest issues.

The increased ttk change killed it until they reverted it. The whole camping debate has been raging on since the beginning. Doesn't feel any worse imo.
  • PlatterKotten
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its a campers paradise. You cant play objective wo camping. Domination is horrible.
  • xKusagamix
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not to mention that all the bipod and prone kills Assignments are for the Recon and Support class, which bored me to death...

There're a lot of meaningful way for Recon and Recon's guns to do Assignment but sadly they choose the most boring way to do it.
  • alienstout
    667 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    Its a campers paradise. You cant play objective wo camping. Domination is horrible.

Domination is beyond worse. I regret I played the game yesterday... I flipped my lid at campers, last time I raged so hard was when I played Hardline.

I dont mind when someone is camping with some sort of strategy to defend or attack, but when people blend in to the environment or lay prone on their backs/sides that just makes me want to strangle them to death.

Nah, Dom is the only IO option at this point and it's fine. I wish the maps were larger but you can actually play without getting sniped too much, or air/vehicle ****. Campers gonna camp, but you learn to know where they hide and look that way when entering.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With such a fast TTK and (too) easy to use guns, it's a logical consequence people will camp more. Alot more.
  • WetFishDB
    1938 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »

Domination is beyond worse. I regret I played the game yesterday... I flipped my lid at campers, last time I raged so hard was when I played Hardline.

I dont mind when someone is camping with some sort of strategy to defend or attack, but when people blend in to the environment or lay prone on their backs/sides that just makes me want to strangle them to death.

Nah, Dom is the only IO option at this point and it's fine. I wish the maps were larger but you can actually play without getting sniped too much, or air/vehicle ****. Campers gonna camp, but you learn to know where they hide and look that way when entering.

Bizarrely I ran into a bunch of campy snipers on a Domination server yesterday (Narvik). The mind boggles. The thing is, kills don’t do anything on Domination and they were triple capped pretty easily for most of the game because of their antics. I have no idea what they thought they were doing. And even if kills did something, they were all getting killed way more than they were killing... one flank and their whole squad was dead. Never had such an easy game on a full server.
  • alienstout
    667 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    alienstout wrote: »

Bizarrely I ran into a bunch of campy snipers on a Domination server yesterday (Narvik). The mind boggles. The thing is, kills don’t do anything on Domination and they were triple capped pretty easily for most of the game because of their antics. I have no idea what they thought they were doing. And even if kills did something, they were all getting killed way more than they were killing... one flank and their whole squad was dead. Never had such an easy game on a full server.

That's crazy, it was nice of them to bunch up for you though.
  • y_j_es_i
    830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's just a side effect of battlefield games. At least a third of your team is gonne decide to not contribute to the team and just camp and be useless even though you get way more points when you ptfo. I dont understand why people would camp due to the ttk. You can kill them as fast as they can kill you.

Exactly, I don’t think the TTK’s to blame either. Being able to survive fractions of a second longer after being shot at isn’t going to stop people from camping.
    I think the camping’s primarily down to having such big maps where firefights mostly happen at mid range and if you pick your spot right it’s unlikely that a hostile will pop up behind you or to your flank.
    CoD’s relatively small map sizes is the main reason why camping’s so much more prevalent in BF
  • alienstout
    It's the TTD and packet bundling leading to insta-deaths. TTK is fine.