Weekly Debrief

This game is becoming too campy its not very fun at times.

Comments

• HC_Kake1
    54 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Most of the magic happens outside of an objective. So staying on one isnt mostly the best thing to do.

Map awarenes is the key.
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I put up a post a couple of days ago regarding MMG's and how **** they are when trying to use a bipod. A lot of people who commented said that they enjoy playing as the support class, but admitted (and they're not content with it) that they feel forced to camp because of how terrible the bipods are.

Most agreed with saying that the only way you can effectively use an MMG, is by finding somewhere at the back, nice and flat where you can properly deploy your bipod and not run the risk of it slipping off when you're trying to aim. If this gets fixed, support players may become more inclined to get stuck in, knowing they can put their weapons to better use in the front lines.

• dahwho
    8 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ne0tax wrote: »
    Camping has been around since the beginning of fps gaming itself, my gosh, talk about over exaggerating. It's no worse in this game then any other.

Playing in other games
    -you can see campers
    -camper have no recoil/spread advantage
    -you can shoot back and not be shredded in 200ms
    -looking at back lying people not like dead corpses out

This isn't Call of Duty or Fortnite, those are probably more your speed.
  • dahwho
    8 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    why not participate?

DICE wanted players to camp, and they constructed system that promotes it.

It is smart to follow the way that developers suggest.

Extremely fast TTD
    Lack of Killcam
    No 3D Spot
    Broken footstep sounds
    forced TXAA that blends everything together
    forced bipod for MMGs

Every aspects of the game concludes to camping.

In BFV, camping is not an option, but it is a must.

Why not ride the 'Tide of Camp?'

Fast TTD? It takes like 9 shots to kill someone.
    No 3D spot? Was an obnoxious system anyways, besides spotting is still really effective, you just cant use it as a crutch anymore.
    Broken Footstep Sounds? I can hear footsteps perfectly fine unless there's a bunch of explosions or friendly's running around me.
    Forced TXAA? So there's no advantage for turning graphics quality down.
    Forced Bipod for MMGs? This really doesn't need explaining.

I don't know what you guys go on about, this game is normal Battlefield, and much more similar to BF1942, and BF2. With the emergence of BF3 and BF4 you experienced EA's attempt at luring COD players towards there franchise, and it worked for the most part, until BF1 and BF5, war's in which open area combat was more prevalent, and your not just in a desert town with brown buildings.

I mean come on now, you already run, jump, sprint, slide, fall from 4 story buildings like Captain America, the weapons have virtually NO recoil and your body absorbs like 9 bullets, and yet you want the game to hold your hand MORE? You're just playing the wrong game.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    dahwho wrote: »
    why not participate?

Extremely fast TTD
    Lack of Killcam
    No 3D Spot
    Broken footstep sounds
    forced bipod for MMGs

No 3D spot? Was an obnoxious system anyways, besides spotting is still really effective, you just cant use it as a crutch anymore.
    Broken Footstep Sounds? I can hear footsteps perfectly fine unless there's a bunch of explosions or friendly's running around me.

I don't know what you guys go on about, this game is normal Battlefield, and much more similar to BF1942, and BF2. With the emergence of BF3 and BF4 you experienced EA's attempt at luring COD players towards there franchise, and it worked for the most part, until BF1 and BF5, war's in which open area combat was more prevalent, and your not just in a desert town with brown buildings.

I mean come on now, you already run, jump, sprint, slide, fall from 4 story buildings like Captain America, the weapons have virtually NO recoil and your body absorbs like 9 bullets, and yet you want the game to hold your hand MORE? You're just playing the wrong game.

It takes you 9 shots to kill someone? With what? A Luger from across the map in Panzerstorm?
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 7
    dahwho wrote: »
    why not participate?

Extremely fast TTD
    Lack of Killcam
    No 3D Spot
    Broken footstep sounds
    forced bipod for MMGs

It takes you 9 shots to kill someone? With what? A Luger from across the map in Panzerstorm?

Also footsteps and sounds in general are broken. I hear footsteps maybe 50% and I've had a tank roll by me with 0 sound as well. We aren't all making it up, sounds are bugged. I'm adding to your comment to the previous one BTW not you directly.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 7
    People camp because the visibility is bad in a lot of situations on most of the maps. Hopefully they fix this soon. When they do we'll have camping return to more tolerable levels. It's not the TTK or TTD. It's the visibility. TTK and TTD contribute certainly but aren't the root cause.

You have to also keep in mind that the nature of some modes leads to more camping. You'll always have more camping in operations than Conquest
  • Pyr0Plazma
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LankRich wrote: »
    I put up a post a couple of days ago regarding MMG's and how **** they are when trying to use a bipod. A lot of people who commented said that they enjoy playing as the support class, but admitted (and they're not content with it) that they feel forced to camp because of how terrible the bipods are.

Most agreed with saying that the only way you can effectively use an MMG, is by finding somewhere at the back, nice and flat where you can properly deploy your bipod and not run the risk of it slipping off when you're trying to aim. If this gets fixed, support players may become more inclined to get stuck in, knowing they can put their weapons to better use in the front lines.

worst part is when you have to quickly go prone to react to any enemy and after deploying the bipod it does that weird annoying **** jerking motion after you ads.
  • StingX71
    815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not long. The fast TTK is killing it bringing on this campfest you're speaking about, to the point DICE tried to do something about it. They're going to have to look at 32 player conquest matches, and/or maybe more casual servers with TTK cut in half. That'll eliminate the campfest issues.

Don't agree about TTK, but 100% would like to see 32/48 player CQ servers.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People camp because the visibility is bad in a lot of situations on most of the maps. Hopefully they fix this soon. When they do we'll have camping return to more tolerable levels. It's not the TTK or TTD. It's the visibility. TTK and TTD contribute certainly but aren't the root cause.

You have to also keep in mind that the nature of some modes leads to more camping. You'll always have more camping in operations than Conquest

I just hope they don't end up doing something drastic that makes it so players are unable to conceal themselves at all. I actually like being able to hide myself.
  • V99999
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »

I just hope they don't end up doing something drastic that makes it so players are unable to conceal themselves at all. I actually like being able to hide myself.

Well it needs to be drastic enough that you can't post a screen **** of 6 people camping and you can't see a single one. Don't let hiding in the trash become your crutch.
  • mf_shro0m
    1483 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    It's just a side effect of battlefield games. At least a third of your team is gonne decide to not contribute to the team and just camp and be useless even though you get way more points when you ptfo. I dont understand why people would camp due to the ttk. You can kill them as fast as they can kill you.

Exactly, I don’t think the TTK’s to blame either. Being able to survive fractions of a second longer after being shot at isn’t going to stop people from camping.
    I think the camping’s primarily down to having such big maps where firefights mostly happen at mid range and if you pick your spot right it’s unlikely that a hostile will pop up behind you or to your flank.
    CoD’s relatively small map sizes is the main reason why camping’s so much more prevalent in BF

Well for me, Conquest was a much better experience during TTK2. The game flowed better, there was a lot of movement, players weren't as passive and were pushing objectives.

Now that we're back to TTK1 and with the introduction of Xmas noobs, I'm finding more teams unwilling to play offensively even when bleeding tickets. Most players seem to be too scared to expose themselves and would rather sit back and watch others make the initial push.

Fixing TTD first would obviously be ideal, but I honestly don't see it ever being completely resolved.

@ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    How long was TtK2 around for?
    2 weeks?

The camping with TTK 1 wasn’t nearly as bad as it is in the first two weeks of TTK1. At that point in time people were trying out the game with TTK1 and so were trying to PTFO. The campers only started camping when they realised that they suck d*** at PTFO with the TTK in action.
    The first (and only) two weeks of TTK 2 were like the first two weeks of TTK 1. People were seeing how they did at PTFO. If TTK2 has stayed then after a coupla months people would’ve started camping again
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V99999 wrote: »
    fakemon64 wrote: »

Well it needs to be drastic enough that you can't post a screen **** of 6 people camping and you can't see a single one. Don't let hiding in the trash become your crutch.

If recons actually spotted more you'd know there were players in those shrubs. The spotting scope is excellent at marking enemies even through trees. You can also use your squad spot to ping an area to warn others and help organize a flank, if possible.

Medics can lay a smoke screen in front of the campers and render their spot useless for a few moments. In these moments you can attempt to assault or flank them.

Assault can hit their location with rockets and hopefully kill them or destroy their cover.

Support could hypothetically suppress them, rendering their location useless as well. But also they could mark them for the rest of the team as well.

Instead of just charging back to where you died and getting killed by the same 'camper', try to use some strategy and teamwork instead.

There are so many options that a player could take regardless of class. With a bit of thought and teamwork, any situation can be overcome in battlefield.

Most of the complaints i see about visibility or campers comes seemingly from players that don't know how to assault a defended position. If you go for a frontal assault, expect casualties. If you are alone, you will be that casualty.

I don't think nerfing players ability to defend objectives will make for a better game, just makes it easier to mindlessly sprint around the map
  • ENKkii87
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing worse than playing breakthrough and your team are sitting back getting kills while the tickets bleed.

Wrong game mode dudes.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's just a side effect of battlefield games. At least a third of your team is gonne decide to not contribute to the team and just camp and be useless even though you get way more points when you ptfo. I dont understand why people would camp due to the ttk. You can kill them as fast as they can kill you.

Exactly, I don’t think the TTK’s to blame either. Being able to survive fractions of a second longer after being shot at isn’t going to stop people from camping.
    I think the camping’s primarily down to having such big maps where firefights mostly happen at mid range and if you pick your spot right it’s unlikely that a hostile will pop up behind you or to your flank.
    CoD’s relatively small map sizes is the main reason why camping’s so much more prevalent in BF

Well for me, Conquest was a much better experience during TTK2. The game flowed better, there was a lot of movement, players weren't as passive and were pushing objectives.

Now that we're back to TTK1 and with the introduction of Xmas noobs, I'm finding more teams unwilling to play offensively even when bleeding tickets. Most players seem to be too scared to expose themselves and would rather sit back and watch others make the initial push.

Fixing TTD first would obviously be ideal, but I honestly don't see it ever being completely resolved.

@ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    How long was TtK2 around for?
    2 weeks?

The camping with TTK 1 wasn’t nearly as bad as it is in the first two weeks of TTK1. At that point in time people were trying out the game with TTK1 and so were trying to PTFO. The campers only started camping when they realised that they suck d*** at PTFO with the TTK in action.
    The first (and only) two weeks of TTK 2 were like the first two weeks of TTK 1. People were seeing how they did at PTFO. If TTK2 has stayed then after a coupla months people would’ve started camping again

Yeah from memory TTK2 was around for about 2 weeks.

It's possible that campers might've reverted back to their old ways, but at least players that PTFO would have more of a chance to react and fight back with TTK2.

Hopefully DICE introduces a CTE server again for us to trial future changes instead of forcing a rushed experiment on the whole player base.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    There is as much camping in BF as there always has been. These debates are ridiculous.
    If the devs ever did something to 'reduce camping' then we will all leave and you and the devs can reshape this game into whatever it is crybabies want these days. How about everyone always has a 1.0 K/D ratio, or no camping, or something else stupid that discounts the logic from every previous BF installment.
    Play the damn game, stop obsessing over fractional changes you want that will probably never happen. Just play the damn game!
  • scienceteacher74
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kill them and teabag them