This game is becoming too campy its not very fun at times.

Comments

• SirBobdk
    3734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @y_j_es_i wrote
    CoD’s relatively small map sizes is the main reason why camping’s so much more prevalent in BF
    Imo camping don't happen because of the map size but because of the bad map design.
    DICE is a master of designing larger maps that reward camping and not movement.
  • Hawxxeye
    4871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sometimes you just got to embrace the dark side...
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    MG's are ridiculousy accurate, seen many rambo's running around, doing insta kills from range, from the hip but once they put that thing down on a bipod, in a bush or on a rock, it becomes a certified kill, as long as they see you first, it's guaranteed, so players will turn to doing it since virtually all 1 on 1 encounters are won by who sees who first.

I think the problem lies with weapons accuracy stats, not just the MG's, but all of them are way off and it's wrecking the game balance.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    681 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    It's just a side effect of battlefield games. At least a third of your team is gonne decide to not contribute to the team and just camp and be useless even though you get way more points when you ptfo. I dont understand why people would camp due to the ttk. You can kill them as fast as they can kill you.

Exactly, I don’t think the TTK’s to blame either. Being able to survive fractions of a second longer after being shot at isn’t going to stop people from camping.
    I think the camping’s primarily down to having such big maps where firefights mostly happen at mid range and if you pick your spot right it’s unlikely that a hostile will pop up behind you or to your flank.
    CoD’s relatively small map sizes is the main reason why camping’s so much more prevalent in BF

Well for me, Conquest was a much better experience during TTK2. The game flowed better, there was a lot of movement, players weren't as passive and were pushing objectives.

Now that we're back to TTK1 and with the introduction of Xmas noobs, I'm finding more teams unwilling to play offensively even when bleeding tickets. Most players seem to be too scared to expose themselves and would rather sit back and watch others make the initial push.

Fixing TTD first would obviously be ideal, but I honestly don't see it ever being completely resolved.

@ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    How long was TtK2 around for?
    2 weeks?

The camping with TTK 1 wasn’t nearly as bad as it is in the first two weeks of TTK1. At that point in time people were trying out the game with TTK1 and so were trying to PTFO. The campers only started camping when they realised that they suck d*** at PTFO with the TTK in action.
    The first (and only) two weeks of TTK 2 were like the first two weeks of TTK 1. People were seeing how they did at PTFO. If TTK2 has stayed then after a coupla months people would’ve started camping again

I think TTK.2 was about 6 days?

And the reason why TTK.2 games where more contested and lively had nothing to do with one extra bullet suddenly giving players the balls to PTFO.
    They just couldn't kill as easily at range, so they had to push up the map to get the kills, areas suddenly became more contested and also gave the actual PTO players better spawn points.

You could achieve the same effect by just lowering the damage at range, stronger recoil, lower bullet velocity etc. Something needs to change, the player base isn't adapting, if anything their getting worse. I'm seeing one strong game i.e two balanced sides full of talented players maybe once a week.

Skill tiers might be another solution?
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Said it in other camper threads but this game has some of the worst camping I've ever seen in an FPS, I dont see how being led in a bush in the middle of nowhere waiting to shoot someone in the back is fun but hey, thats the way it goes.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's campy. I find myself falling back to a campy playstyle - attacking playstyles result in dying a lot! I don't enjoy dying every footstep.

My style of play is normally all out aggressive attack, it was in the previous BF games.
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    dahwho wrote: »
    why not participate?

DICE wanted players to camp, and they constructed system that promotes it.

It is smart to follow the way that developers suggest.

Extremely fast TTD
    Lack of Killcam
    No 3D Spot
    Broken footstep sounds
    forced TXAA that blends everything together
    forced bipod for MMGs

Every aspects of the game concludes to camping.

In BFV, camping is not an option, but it is a must.

Why not ride the 'Tide of Camp?'

Fast TTD? It takes like 9 shots to kill someone.
    No 3D spot? Was an obnoxious system anyways, besides spotting is still really effective, you just cant use it as a crutch anymore.
    Broken Footstep Sounds? I can hear footsteps perfectly fine unless there's a bunch of explosions or friendly's running around me.
    Forced TXAA? So there's no advantage for turning graphics quality down.
    Forced Bipod for MMGs? This really doesn't need explaining.

I don't know what you guys go on about, this game is normal Battlefield, and much more similar to BF1942, and BF2. With the emergence of BF3 and BF4 you experienced EA's attempt at luring COD players towards there franchise, and it worked for the most part, until BF1 and BF5, war's in which open area combat was more prevalent, and your not just in a desert town with brown buildings.

I mean come on now, you already run, jump, sprint, slide, fall from 4 story buildings like Captain America, the weapons have virtually NO recoil and your body absorbs like 9 bullets, and yet you want the game to hold your hand MORE? You're just playing the wrong game.

Of course. BFV is really really different from CoD. CoD is all about Run 'n Gun. And BFV is all about camping. I myself camp a lot. And I get much better K/D ratio so easily compared to run and gun play style. I tried both, and I used to like rushing in BF3, BF4, and BF1, but I chose to camp in BFV.

And I do support DICE's decision to promote camping. Let's camp altogether.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1376 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 8
    It's campy. I find myself falling back to a campy playstyle - attacking playstyles result in dying a lot! I don't enjoy dying every footstep.

My style of play is normally all out aggressive attack, it was in the previous BF games.

Right, that problem is due to an issue called "fast TTK", or "Time to Kill". Meaning that, the amount of bullets it take to kill someone, is minimal, the damage model very high, and in turn, what causes these mass camping issues. Three things they can do.

1) Nerf the TTK to a much more reasonable amount.

2) Come out with 32 player Conquest, GO and Breakthru servers, in so the less players, the more open space and room to maneuver, w/o dying constantly given the mass amount of players.

3) Come out with more Panzerstorm sized maps, to accomodate the 64 players.

Very easy matter to handle. They just have to do it, and quick before everyone throws up their hands in frustration.
  • alienstout
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe Rush will be 32 players. I also hope they offer an IO Rush option.
  • SirBobdk
    3734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @AsokoSakechauuuu wrote
    Let's camp altogether.
    All ready did that weeks ago. No more pto from this side :smile:
    If I cant get a plane then I camp with a tank
    If I can't get a tank i find a nice place to camp with the G43 or a LMG/MMG.
  • alienstout
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @AsokoSakechauuuu wrote
    Let's camp altogether.

You're like a Pro camper! Not very Viking of you.
  • VincentNZ
    2222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well that just lies within the game's mechanic. When you have weapons that rely on being prone and also have the lowest TTK while **** so you will encounter exactly that: People lying prone in the most obnoxious spots. Further, all weapons perform way better when crouched or prone. Further enhancing features are misleading or not playing audio and hit feedback as well as poor visibility, so it is hard to counter.
  • SirBobdk
    alienstout wrote: »
    @AsokoSakechauuuu wrote
    Let's camp altogether.

Nope, the vikings also knew when they became a minority and converted to christianity.
  • alienstout
    @AsokoSakechauuuu wrote
    Let's camp altogether.

Nope, the vikings also knew when they became a minority and converted to christianity.

Truedat, ton of churches in Copenhagen.
  • SirBobdk
    @AsokoSakechauuuu wrote
    Let's camp altogether.

Truedat, ton of churches in Copenhagen.
    All over the country :smile:
    I'm only kidding. I'm trying to pto, but I suck at it and mostly get gunned down.
    My reflexes are bad and I have a hard time seeing people.
  • alienstout
    I agree on the "seeing people" part.
  • y_j_es_i
    1021 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @y_j_es_i wrote
    Imo camping don't happen because of the map size but because of the bad map design.
    DICE is a master of designing larger maps that reward camping and not movement.

@staRS-SirBob
    Some combat zones are big and open. You can’t eliminate the open areas without doing something stupid like make open fields (e.g. Arras and Panzerstorm) have loads of fissures and abandoned cars dot the landscape.

In CoD WWII my biggest complaint about the map design is that so little of the combat happens at medium range because the devs purposefully made it so that there are barely any medium range areas. Practically everything is CQC or short range. This was really monotonous
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's just a side effect of battlefield games. At least a third of your team is gonne decide to not contribute to the team and just camp and be useless even though you get way more points when you ptfo. I dont understand why people would camp due to the ttk. You can kill them as fast as they can kill you.

Exactly, I don’t think the TTK’s to blame either. Being able to survive fractions of a second longer after being shot at isn’t going to stop people from camping.
    I think the camping’s primarily down to having such big maps where firefights mostly happen at mid range and if you pick your spot right it’s unlikely that a hostile will pop up behind you or to your flank.

Well for me, Conquest was a much better experience during TTK2. The game flowed better, there was a lot of movement, players weren't as passive and were pushing objectives.

Now that we're back to TTK1 and with the introduction of Xmas noobs, I'm finding more teams unwilling to play offensively even when bleeding tickets. Most players seem to be too scared to expose themselves and would rather sit back and watch others make the initial push.

Fixing TTD first would obviously be ideal, but I honestly don't see it ever being completely resolved.

@ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2 weeks?

The camping with TTK 1 wasn’t nearly as bad as it is in the first two weeks of TTK1. At that point in time people were trying out the game with TTK1 and so were trying to PTFO. The campers only started camping when they realised that they suck d*** at PTFO with the TTK in action.
    The first (and only) two weeks of TTK 2 were like the first two weeks of TTK 1. People were seeing how they did at PTFO. If TTK2 has stayed then after a coupla months people would’ve started camping again

And the reason why TTK.2 games where more contested and lively had nothing to do with one extra bullet suddenly giving players the balls to PTFO.
    They just couldn't kill as easily at range, so they had to push up the map to get the kills, areas suddenly became more contested and also gave the actual PTO players better spawn points.

You could achieve the same effect by just lowering the damage at range, stronger recoil, lower bullet velocity etc. Something needs to change, the player base isn't adapting, if anything their getting worse. I'm seeing one strong game i.e two balanced sides full of talented players maybe once a week.

Well since the TTK2 rushed test didn't go so well, I think balancing the weapons (mainly assault & support) so they're not so deadly at range might be next on cards and I'd be all for that. The game desperately needs better class/weapon balance.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    681 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

@ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2 weeks?

Well since the TTK2 rushed test didn't go so well, I think balancing the weapons (mainly assault & support) so they're not so deadly at range might be next on cards and I'd be all for that. The game desperately needs better class/weapon balance.

I agree but the 'Core' crowd get really twitchy when Dice start tinkering with the guns. I still think separate TTK/balanced guns servers are the way to go, that way everyones happy
  • GrizzGolf
    857 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Only people I see game are the LMG bipod people