This game is becoming too campy its not very fun at times.

Comments

• Ameriken05
    335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    I can see spawn camping being a source of anguish, but people posting up on an objective is completely different. What are they supposed to do - run around in the open so you can kill them easily? What would you do IRL? There is no such thing as camping on an objective - it's not a real thing. Clear your corners and anticipate the hiding spots. Level a building if you have to.

Now camping in the sense of not PTFO - yeah that's a whole other matter. But as others have said I've seen that since the beginning of BF - my favorite being the fanboys who love to go hide in the corner and snipe the entire game. The guys who complain that sniping has been nerfed or their scope glint is too bright - there's a million of those posts in this forum too. Are they annoying yes - do I care, no. I'm too busy PTFO, scoring points, winning the game so as long as I'm keeping my head down those corner-map campers are a waste. The biggest point of frustration is when they are on your team and you're attacking in Breakthrough or Frontlines and you need bodies on objectives - it was a big problem in BF1. To me the problem is this - there are always going to be campers in FPS games (people not comfortable with face-to-face gunplay and prefer the easy couch potato sniping dopamine), and it's more natural to do this when attacking/assaulting an objective is too hot. It's different for defenders, and so less "corner-map" camping and more bodies on the objective. Then it turns into simple math - not enough attackers PTFO versus more defenders and the flag never turns. To me the only real way around it is smaller games where 1-2 squads can have more of a direct impact, regardless what their camping teammates are doing.

Camp me one time shame on you, camp me twice shame me.
  • Hawxxeye
    4720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    KingRofty wrote: »
    Well, BF V has the ultimate camping tools, like the MG-34 & MG-42....its play style PROMOTES camping, so I would say you just wasted a lot of time and words.

PS : Don't let me catch you on a bipod. :wink:

By that logic any mgs with bipods would promote camping, and every BF game has featured them to some extent. It's almost as if huge machine guns were designed to be used in a mounted fashion.

You could still use even the largest LMGs without the bipod in the previous titles that I played.
    Camping always existed before but this time in BFV I feel that I am being generously rewarded if I play in ways that are not about always doing the best for winning but about killing more than being killed.
    There used to be that recently quoted line that Braddock had said about "Having the highest kill count on a losing team is still losing", but in BFV more than ever before it feels like the guy with the highest kill count is the real winner*... :(
    Edit I think I need to elaborate further on why the guys with most kills on the round feel like the real winners:
    It is very simple: The weapon profficiencies and masteries reward you the hardest to get mint and gold parts for killing without dying and/or killing a lot within that same round.
    If this is not positive reinforcement for kill farming and/or K/D farming then I do not know what else is.
  • Ameriken05
    335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This goes back to why sometimes I feel like Rush is still the best game mode - it never required bodies on an objective and you are much less reliant on the rest of your team as anyone could set a bomb as long as the area was somewhat cleared. You had a better idea of where the campers were too, as the focus was on MCOMs. Don't get me wrong I like Conquest, Breakthrough, and Frontlines, etc. but sometimes the ratio of ineffective teammates not PTFO on those modes can really come back to bite you. Really hit or miss, where I feel like in Rush you ALWAYS have a chance...
  • alienstout
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ameriken05 wrote: »
    This goes back to why sometimes I feel like Rush is still the best game mode - it never required bodies on an objective and you are much less reliant on the rest of your team as anyone could set a bomb as long as the area was somewhat cleared. You had a better idea of where the campers were too, as the focus was on MCOMs. Don't get me wrong I like Conquest, Breakthrough, and Frontlines, etc. but sometimes the ratio of ineffective teammates not PTFO on those modes can really come back to bite you. Really hit or miss, where I feel like in Rush you ALWAYS have a chance...

I agree with you. Frontlines is a decent game mode, but there is too much space behind lines for the campers to set up shop (on both teams...)
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    With the SMG buffs, it's going to get even worse with the camping. You're just not gping to be able to move on this game by the time they''re done with it. It's going to be a Die Simulator. Could you imagine Rush with this TTK? Absolutely dead within a matter of weeks.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Well, BF V has the ultimate camping tools, like the MG-34 & MG-42....its play style PROMOTES camping, so I would say you just wasted a lot of time and words.

By that logic any mgs with bipods would promote camping, and every BF game has featured them to some extent. It's almost as if huge machine guns were designed to be used in a mounted fashion.

You could still use even the largest LMGs without the bipod in the previous titles that I played.
    Camping always existed before but this time in BFV I feel that I am being generously rewarded if I play in ways that are not about always doing the best for winning but about killing more than being killed.
    There used to be that recently quoted line that Braddock had said about "Having the highest kill count on a losing team is still losing", but in BFV more than ever before it feels like the guy with the highest kill count is the real winner*... :(
    Edit I think I need to elaborate further on why the guys with most kills on the round feel like the real winners:
    It is very simple: The weapon profficiencies and masteries reward you the hardest to get mint and gold parts for killing without dying and/or killing a lot within that same round.
    If this is not positive reinforcement for kill farming and/or K/D farming then I do not know what else is.

I don't get that mindset at all. Again, by that logic it'd have to apply to every game. Camping has essentially the same effect on gameplay in BF5 as it always has, in every BF title. I don't see how weapon masteries and proficiency changes that, it's still people doing what has always been done in these games.

Imo complaining there are too many people camping is akin to saying there are too many snipers, or too many people running around trying to be Rambo, etc, etc.

It's a playstyle that stems directly from player behavior. Regardless of the game in question, camping has generally been a safer style of play that generates more kills than deaths, thus it attracts a ton of players. It always has.

I just don't get how it's "so much worse" in this game or how it's rewarded more than past games. It's not as if this is the sole BF title where people can go prone, conceal themselves, bipod thier weapons in choke points ect. At this point it seems like people think ANY amount of camping is a major "issue" despite it not being an actual issue with the game and not being something that could actually be "fixed".

At that point its just insisting that elements of the game that encourage a style of play you simply dislike is an "issue" or bad for the game.

If camping being advantageous in a game makes said game worse off, then there are no FPS that are an exception, they all have campers and it's advantageous in all of them. BF can't be the magical exception.
  • Hawxxeye
    4720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I don't get that mindset at all. Again, by that logic it'd have to apply to every game. Camping has essentially the same effect on gameplay in BF5 as it always has, in every BF title. I don't see how weapon masteries and proficiency changes that, it's still people doing what has always been done in these games.

Imo complaining there are too many people camping is akin to saying there are too many snipers, or too many people running around trying to be Rambo, etc, etc.

It's a playstyle that stems directly from player behavior. Regardless of the game in question, camping has generally been a safer style of play that generates more kills than deaths, thus it attracts a ton of players. It always has.

I just don't get how it's "so much worse" in this game or how it's rewarded more than past games. It's not as if this is the sole BF title where people can go prone, conceal themselves, bipod thier weapons in choke points ect. At this point it seems like people think ANY amount of camping is a major "issue" despite it not being an actual issue with the game and not being something that could actually be "fixed".

At that point its just insisting that elements of the game that encourage a style of play you simply dislike is an "issue" or bad for the game.

If camping being advantageous in a game makes said game worse off, then there are no FPS that are an exception, they all have campers and it's advantageous in all of them. BF can't be the magical exception.
    All I am saying that it is kills over victory more than ever before now with the "prestigious" rewards being only about kills withing certain time frames.
    As you said it is up to the players to abuse what they are given, but this is how things are now and the game only reinforces that mentality with these assignments.
  • V99999
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I started this topic and the game isn't very good. I hate to say it but Hardline was better. At least in that game I could get to level 57.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V99999 wrote: »
    I started this topic and the game isn't very good. I hate to say it but Hardline was better. At least in that game I could get to level 57.

Lol so Hardline was better because you could get 7 ultimately pointless ranks higher? Wowza
  • Loqtrall

All I am saying that it is kills over victory more than ever before now with the "prestigious" rewards being only about kills withing certain time frames.
    As you said it is up to the players to abuse what they are given, but this is how things are now and the game only reinforces that mentality with these assignments.

I don't see how you can think that, as it's always been the case. Since BF3 there have been people arguing to remove k/D from the scoreboard because it caused people to gravitate more toward killing rather than solely playing the obj.

I also doubt very many people are camping simultaneously to get gold weapon skins, nor do I see how these assignments are any different than say, BF1, which had plenty of weapon assignments focused around getting different types of kills instead of playing the OBJ. Even BF4s DLC weapon unlock assignments were filled with kill assignments.

Looking at JUST the assignments for dlc unlocks in China Rising, the first dlc in BF4 alone, every single one of them involves getting a certain amount of kills with specific weapons or gadgets, or getting ribbons that are earned via getting kills.

Whereas the only assignments in BF5 that actually encourage people to stationary camp are support assignments and rifle mastery. Others, like "get 20 kills in one match without dying" can be circumvented by other objectives. For instance, Support Mastery has an assignment where you can build 25 fortifications in one life, OR kill 60 enemies while bipoded on an obj zone. I went with the latter because I wasn't going to waste my time sitting there trying to build crap without getting shot at.

I just don't see how any elements of BF5 have increased the effectiveness of or desire to camp. The number of campers seem fairly similar to BF1, at least.
  • Hawxxeye
    V99999 wrote: »

Lol so Hardline was better because you could get 7 ultimately pointless ranks higher? Wowza

different games in many ways. For me the highlight was that time I nailed a roof sniper with the tracking dart and then I locked on and sent an RPG at him.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People camp because the visibility is bad in a lot of situations on most of the maps. Hopefully they fix this soon. When they do we'll have camping return to more tolerable levels. It's not the TTK or TTD. It's the visibility. TTK and TTD contribute certainly but aren't the root cause.

You have to also keep in mind that the nature of some modes leads to more camping. You'll always have more camping in operations than Conquest

This. If I could see the enemy better I'd certainly play more evenwith the other bugs. Earlier this morning I watched a few videos on youtube of bfv multiplayer , and so many times I'm asking myself what the hell is that guy shooting at? I see nothing. Rewind, look again. Stil nothing. Stop the video, look again. Nothing. Maybe see a gun muzzle.
    I've with the settings so much it's ridiculous. Best thing so far is to turn off all of the picture options but it is still bad on many maps. I get it that many have no issues, but many of us do.
    I am colorblind btw and I have messed with those settings as well, but as far as I can tell that just changes the colors above the characters heads.
  • 11Doomsday26
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For players like myself with not so good eye sight this game is very difficult to play. The snipers that sit a mile from the flag and contribute nothing seem to grow in every battlefield release. At least in BF4 a recon could contribute and run with the squad. I was placed in a 4 man squad the last time I played and I was the only one moving on the map, my other 3 squad mates just sniped / camped way off the flags and contributed zero. I wish they'd limit 1 team to a maximum amount of snipers or nuke the entire sniper class. BTW, what is TTD & TTK ?
  • y_j_es_i
    1010 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    It's just a side effect of battlefield games. At least a third of your team is gonne decide to not contribute to the team and just camp and be useless even though you get way more points when you ptfo. I dont understand why people would camp due to the ttk. You can kill them as fast as they can kill you.

Exactly, I don’t think the TTK’s to blame either. Being able to survive fractions of a second longer after being shot at isn’t going to stop people from camping.
    I think the camping’s primarily down to having such big maps where firefights mostly happen at mid range and if you pick your spot right it’s unlikely that a hostile will pop up behind you or to your flank.
    CoD’s relatively small map sizes is the main reason why camping’s so much more prevalent in BF

Well for me, Conquest was a much better experience during TTK2. The game flowed better, there was a lot of movement, players weren't as passive and were pushing objectives.

Now that we're back to TTK1 and with the introduction of Xmas noobs, I'm finding more teams unwilling to play offensively even when bleeding tickets. Most players seem to be too scared to expose themselves and would rather sit back and watch others make the initial push.

Fixing TTD first would obviously be ideal, but I honestly don't see it ever being completely resolved.

@ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    How long was TtK2 around for?
    2 weeks?

The camping with TTK 1 wasn’t nearly as bad as it is in the first two weeks of TTK1. At that point in time people were trying out the game with TTK1 and so were trying to PTFO. The campers only started camping when they realised that they suck d*** at PTFO with the TTK in action.
    The first (and only) two weeks of TTK 2 were like the first two weeks of TTK 1. People were seeing how they did at PTFO. If TTK2 has stayed then after a coupla months people would’ve started camping again

I think TTK.2 was about 6 days?

And the reason why TTK.2 games where more contested and lively had nothing to do with one extra bullet suddenly giving players the balls to PTFO.
    They just couldn't kill as easily at range, so they had to push up the map to get the kills, areas suddenly became more contested and also gave the actual PTO players better spawn points.

You could achieve the same effect by just lowering the damage at range, stronger recoil, lower bullet velocity etc. Something needs to change, the player base isn't adapting, if anything their getting worse. I'm seeing one strong game i.e two balanced sides full of talented players maybe once a week.

Skill tiers might be another solution?

Well since the TTK2 rushed test didn't go so well, I think balancing the weapons (mainly assault & support) so they're not so deadly at range might be next on cards and I'd be all for that. The game desperately needs better class/weapon balance.

Yeh I don’t get why the G43 and Selb don’t already have damage drop-off past 150m.
    It should be an obvious step really
  • misisipiRivrRat
    792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 12
    alienstout wrote: »
    @AsokoSakechauuuu wrote
    Let's camp altogether.
    All ready did that weeks ago. No more pto from this side :smile:
    If I cant get a plane then I camp with a tank
    If I can't get a tank i find a nice place to camp with the G43 or a LMG/MMG.

You're like a Pro camper! Not very Viking of you.
    Nope, the vikings also knew when they became a minority and converted to christianity.

Truedat, ton of churches in Copenhagen.
    All over the country :smile:
    I'm only kidding. I'm trying to pto, but I suck at it and mostly get gunned down.
    My reflexes are bad and I have a hard time seeing people.
    I've barely got 25 hours in this game because of mostly visibility issues.(other bf games I'd have 75 -100 hours by now) I've mostly been running medic at objectives and getting my **** handed to me. Guess it's time to play more of a support role, find a camping spot and have fun?
  • y_j_es_i
    1010 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @AsokoSakechauuuu wrote
    Let's camp altogether.

Nope, the vikings also knew when they became a minority and converted to christianity.

I'm only kidding. I'm trying to pto, but I suck at it and mostly get gunned down.
    I've barely got 25 hours in this game because of mostly visibility issues.(other bf games I'd have 75 -100 hours by now) I've mostly been running medic at objectives and getting my **** handed to me. Guess it's time to play more of a support role, find a camping spot and have fun?

As a medic you have to pick your fights.
    On some maps I can rank MVP as a medic and on others I just won’t play medic
  • TEKNOCODE
    10708 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @AsokoSakechauuuu wrote
    Let's camp altogether.

I don’t camp as a support main. Lewis and bren for the win.
  • Elprez11
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I camp because that is pretty much the only way to get a kill :) When I try to attack I can get hits but immediately die with 1-2 shots from the other player. I have counted 4-5 of hits from my gun and still no kill.....
  • crixus82
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ttk not the issue. As people stated, map design and visibility. Also ttd aka hit detection being so slow on server that it gives support and any other fully auto an advantage often, by causing people to get hit with everything in one frame, so insta death for the person shot. That fix is supposed to come this month