This game is becoming too campy its not very fun at times.

12346»

Comments

• pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Glad I´m not playing this game..
  • Sammy_SUN1
    48 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    dahwho wrote: »
    Ne0tax wrote: »
    Camping has been around since the beginning of fps gaming itself, my gosh, talk about over exaggerating. It's no worse in this game then any other.

Playing in other games
    -you can see campers
    -camper have no recoil/spread advantage
    -you can shoot back and not be shredded in 200ms
    -looking at back lying people not like dead corpses out

This isn't Call of Duty or Fortnite, those are probably more your speed.

:) no, in BFV u need to stay after a rock all round, camp, and call yourself a tactical player :)) u people are amazing :))))))
  • Ameriken05
    335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Players are going to play the way they want to play - same for all FPSs ever. There have always been campers, always been run-and-gunners, always been bunny hoppers, always been people who for some reason make all their guns gold. BF seems to be the one franchise with such a diverse set of play styles there seems to always be this debate over how the game should play, what it should reward. In CoD I guess they all just have the same lame expectation of a hyper, fast-twitch game with laserbeams and mohawks, leaving little room for debate. Have to appreciate the debate in BF...

I am actually under the impression that BFV promotes squad play and PTFO better than past BF titles, maybe because of the improved squad spawn visibility, maybe because of squad revives, or maybe because of the scarcity issue. Like in all games campers are manageable as long as you learn to anticipate them. There is definitely a balance between "camping" and PTFO, and there's room for a little of both in an effective play style. My squad will often assault an objective, then "post up" in order to secure it and repel any potential counterattacks. Are we "camping"? Yes for a little bit, but it's kind of built into the objective of the game mode. As far as players "camping" in random places on the map, not securing an objective - well it's aggravating yes but in the end those players aren't really helping their team and can mostly be forgotten/bypassed. Overall I don't get the complaint - if you are a bit too careless and run into the crosshairs of another player 9/10 times you should die. Thank god for the low TTK. Show a little patience, anticipate more, clear your corners, keep your head down, PTFO - that's what differentiates BFV and the Battlefield franchise. It's hard, get gud...
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ameriken05 wrote: »
    Players are going to play the way they want to play - same for all FPSs ever. There have always been campers, always been run-and-gunners, always been bunny hoppers, always been people who for some reason make all their guns gold. BF seems to be the one franchise with such a diverse set of play styles there seems to always be this debate over how the game should play, what it should reward. In CoD I guess they all just have the same lame expectation of a hyper, fast-twitch game with laserbeams and mohawks, leaving little room for debate. Have to appreciate the debate in BF...

I am actually under the impression that BFV promotes squad play and PTFO better than past BF titles, maybe because of the improved squad spawn visibility, maybe because of squad revives, or maybe because of the scarcity issue. Like in all games campers are manageable as long as you learn to anticipate them. There is definitely a balance between "camping" and PTFO, and there's room for a little of both in an effective play style. My squad will often assault an objective, then "post up" in order to secure it and repel any potential counterattacks. Are we "camping"? Yes for a little bit, but it's kind of built into the objective of the game mode. As far as players "camping" in random places on the map, not securing an objective - well it's aggravating yes but in the end those players aren't really helping their team and can mostly be forgotten/bypassed. Overall I don't get the complaint - if you are a bit too careless and run into the crosshairs of another player 9/10 times you should die. Thank god for the low TTK. Show a little patience, anticipate more, clear your corners, keep your head down, PTFO - that's what differentiates BFV and the Battlefield franchise. It's hard, get gud...

I dont think anyone complains about tactical play where you defend the objective or attack whether you go in and start slaying or wait for them to come at you. The biggest problem are supports on their bipods and now assaults (ribeyrolls, turner smle, g43) all camping in a middle of nowhere praying for cheap kills, not to mention 95% of useless scouts in BF series.
  • Ameriken05
    335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    Ameriken05 wrote: »

I dont think anyone complains about tactical play where you defend the objective or attack whether you go in and start slaying or wait for them to come at you. The biggest problem are supports on their bipods and now assaults (ribeyrolls, turner smle, g43) all camping in a middle of nowhere praying for cheap kills, not to mention 95% of useless scouts in BF series.

I don't feel like I run into those guys too much, and if we do at least one person in the squad kills them and revives the others. It's annoying yes - but I'd say it's more annoying if they're on your team because it means they aren't helping with the objective. But again, something that has always plagued these games and always will until they start making areas outside of squad-assigned objectives out of bounds (JOKING). Plus a majority of these guys (and girls now) gravitate towards the same same locations on the map often, so it's somewhat expected/predictable (i.e. the bridge on twisted steel). If that's what they want to do, so be it - the rest of us can handle them and no one will remember their names...
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I almost have enough monopoly money to buy a golden tent, that is historically accurate. The Germans used these Golden tents when they were scheming to create zombie soldiers. It's true! Check out Wolfenstein!
  • alienstout
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Updated kill cam might help with this. Now they just need to get rid of lying on back crotchpod.
  • Jezzzeh
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Camping has been around since the beginning of fps gaming itself, my gosh, talk about over exaggerating. It's no worse in this game then any other.

Totally this. This non-issue is completely over-inflated and just smacks mostly of people that Can't be bothered to learn the maps, the game and it's gameplay.

Visibility isn't even an issue really. Play as a squad and be cautious when about to run into the open or across typical defended areas. In our group, we use a medic to dash out which yeah he might get hit but he can heal up and guess what your "camper" has revealed himself and someone else can follow up with a kill.

Use your heads and adapt, use others to test the areas you are moving into and react getting a nice satisfactory "camper" kill.

• 11Doomsday26
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    3 things that would really improve game play.

1. Remove the sniper rifle. Leave recon class in game, this eliminates the useless snipers. I know, all the snipers are going to chime in on how valuable they are.....you're not. You don't revive, don't give med packs, don't supply ammo, don't cap flags, and you leave squads trying to advance at a disadvantage. If you're going to sit a mile away and snipe then don't join a squad. Give the recon a shotgun and a decent automatic weapon.
    2. Like Battlefield bad company 2, remove the ability to go prone.
    3. Insert auto balance for teams.

The game itself has promise in my opinion. For just rolling it out I find it ok. For me personally it's very hard to play simply because I'm not that young and my eyesight is slowly leaving me. 90% of the time I get killed I have zero clue where it came from. I have a difficult time seeing the enemy but that's just me.
  • oX_-oBIGBOSS-FoX
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    stallzer wrote: »

1. Remove the sniper rifle. Leave recon class in game, this eliminates the useless snipers. I know, all the snipers are going to chime in on how valuable they are.....you're not. You don't revive, don't give med packs, don't supply ammo, don't cap flags, and you leave squads trying to advance at a disadvantage. If you're going to sit a mile away and snipe then don't join a squad. Give the recon a shotgun and a decent automatic weapon.

The game itself has promise in my opinion. For just rolling it out I find it ok. For me personally it's very hard to play simply because I'm not that young and my eyesight is slowly leaving me. 90% of the time I get killed I have zero clue where it came from. I have a difficult time seeing the enemy but that's just me.

First 2 things would actually downgrade game play and lose a lot of players. The third one is already in the game but needs some improvement for sure.
  • American_Outlaw
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    stallzer wrote: »

First 2 things would actually downgrade game play and lose a lot of players. The third one is already in the game but needs some improvement for sure.

Actually, Removing sniper rifles would only lose the COD 1337 12 - 16 year old mom's basement, I am the greatest sniper ever from the game and I am totally cool with that... Hamada and Fjell would still suck even without snipers :)
  • bakenjuice
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1st time BF Camper here n must say its stress-free, not a care in the BF world 👍🏽🤣🤣