V1 Rocket Issues

twelvestepjunky
4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
There is an issue with the V1 rocket when using binoculars to scope target. Will not fire and there appears to be a shade blacked out area that interrupts view through binoculars. When this happens you can not fire.
This is an issue that is extremely frustrating when it is during the 11th hour of the game and the game ends without the squad leader being able to support the team after everyone has worked so hard to gain requisition points.
What are you doing about this issue?

Comments

• LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can only have one V1 called at a time, wait for the explosion and try again. This happens to me and it does become a race to who can call them in first towards the end of the match
  • SithMetal71
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is an issue with the V1 rocket when using binoculars to scope target. Will not fire and there appears to be a shade blacked out area that interrupts view through binoculars. When this happens you can not fire.
    This is an issue that is extremely frustrating when it is during the 11th hour of the game and the game ends without the squad leader being able to support the team after everyone has worked so hard to gain requisition points.

I have experienced this a few times, on aerodrome. Very annoying and seems to happen at key times.
    Did not think it may be down to timing so will look out for it next time, perhaps a not available message or notice would be better instead of random bugs making it look like the game is really broken.
  • LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree it needs to be explained better and I can understand the need to limit rockets to one at a time both from gameplay (imagine carpet bombing a large area of the map with no chance of running) and also for the game engine coping
  • Trokey66
    8248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can only have one V1 called at a time, wait for the explosion and try again. This happens to me and it does become a race to who can call them in first towards the end of the match

An interesting hypothesis that needs further evaluation.

It would explain a number of issues.
  • XxmOss72xX
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Not a hypothesis... fact. Everytime I've ever experienced this (and that's quite a number of times) there's already been a friendly rocket in the air. You just have to wait it out... although it's annoying af.

• Trokey66
    8248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    XxmOss72xX wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Not a hypothesis... fact. Everytime I've ever experienced this (and that's quite a number of times) there's already been a friendly rocket in the air. You just have to wait it out... although it's annoying af.

Not saying you are wrong, just saying I want to test it myself.
  • XxmOss72xX
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gotcha... all good brother
  • georgeanzelon
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Had it happen to me the other day and it was frustrating to no end. Even when it let me select the rocket it wouldn't let me pull up the binocs to fire it.
  • this_is_noiice
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

had this issue with the blackout across the binoculars also, have to un-deploy then redeploy, sometimes several times.