I was wrongfully banned for cheating that i never did.

MagnusMortis
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

So on the 2nd day of the new year i decided to log into my account to play some BF but when i logged on to my surprise i saw a message on the BF home menu stating that my online privileges have been revoked. I found that super odd so i decided to check my email to see if anything was sent and there it was and email that was sent on Jan 2nd from EA stating that i was cheating. I was shocked and angry at the same time because one I loved playing Battlefield since the 1942 days and two I never cheat its a stupid and weak thing to do. I believe in gaining skill by practicing hard. But not to get off topic I immediately filed a case with EA emailing them about what had happen. I waited and waited for a reply then finally i received this email...A response for the EA customer experience team...

Hello,

Product Name: Battlefield V
Email Address: ***********.com

Thank you for contacting us regarding the action that was taken on your account.

The action pertains to the following violation:

Promote, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or virtual currency/items.

After thoroughly investigating your account and concern, we found that your account was actioned correctly and will not remove this sanction from your account.

Thank you,
EA Terms of Service

After reading this i was very angry and I honestly could not believe EA could do this to me I truly felt betrayed, but i felt i couldn't just give up now I had to prove my innocence. So i did some digging to see why they might have had a reason for banning me and i found something very strange in my in box for the email that's attached to my origin account. I received and Email stating that My EA Account *****@***.com was just used to sign in from PC at a time i was not even at my PC in a place i dont even live in. So when i saw this i was super excited I thought to my self this could be used as evidence to prove my innocence and get my account un-banned so i could get back to playing. Btw before i continue here's the email i received that states that my account was hacked.

New Sign-in on PC

Your EA Account ***********.com was just used to sign in from PC:

Mon Dec 31 14:54:33 GMT 2018
HK
PC

So what i did was i just added to the original case i had made with EA and i basically said that i was hacked and that i had proof. I attached a print screen of the email above and waited for a reply. I got a response the next day and this is what they said...

Hello,

Product Name: Battlefield V
Email Address: ***********.com

We have received your most recent correspondence expressing concerns about the action that was taken on your account.

After thoroughly investigating your account and concern, we again found that we actioned your account correctly after it was found to have violated our User Agreement. We will also be unable to provide any details regarding our internal procedures.

Due to this violation, we will not remove the sanction that was applied to your account.

You can review the full User Agreement at http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

After completing two full investigations into your complaint, we consider this matter closed.

Thank you,

I honestly dont know what to do anymore I've lost hope and this is the last thing i could think of. Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this.

Comments

• ElliotLH
    7291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    Sorry but I don't think there is very much we can do to help you here as it's mostly just other players on these forums. EA have also stated that they consider the matter closed so there might not actually be anything you can do if they won't discuss the matter further.

The reason why they rejected your second appeal though is because our accounts are our responsibilities so if someone uses them to break the ToS then it's us who has to face the consequences (this is mentioned in the link they gave you in the section about EA accounts).

Hopefully I'm wrong and someone who has been through the same situation can offer you some advice.
  • URMOMZNUTS
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is why you should have two factor authentication setup on your account. There's nothing you or anybody here can do. Make a new account, but this time make sure you add two factor authentication.
  • Ragnarok-Drakkar
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 8
    Hacked, right
    Cheating scum, i was waiting when will ban wave come and forum post start, kek, get rekt
    Cuz everdy just can wait to hack accounts, cuz game is playable with just 15€a month, and people just cant affor that riiightttt
    And wht if you intentionaly loged at friends house, so you get that email, just in case you get baned, you can use it?
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    you're a lier , kek, get rekt.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1818 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dont listen to the negative-Betty1 & negative-Betty2.... I believe in you...
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    357 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi.....

8d6388e8a2e1210994bd79e39cd0f17e5aa20cafa635c8ebe3a7a06e011aa32b.jpg
  • Dragoon90
    15 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's safe to assume everybody in the gaming community has heard the old "my account was hacked, it was not me who cheated", but let's analyze your statement. Why would a hacker force himself into your account only to use it to play your games? These kind of breaches usually are intended to steal personal info (e-mails, names etc) to sell, wasting his time on games sound highly unlikely. Also, as scummy as EA is, I've never ever heard of a player getting wrongfully banned for cheating and not getting his account un banned after further investigations
  • OskooI_007
    580 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    I'm surprised the thief who broke into your EA account didn't change the password and email address. That's what I would have done if I were a thief, in order to take complete ownership of the account and lock you out of it.
  • ackers75
    2214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks to people like yourself I changed to playing on console
  • Dragoon90
    Also I checked his stats. A kills streak of 63 and 699 total headshots? Something's fishy
  • Violent_Rumble
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That ribeyrolles is just a headshot machine huh?

lol
    Ribeyrolles - 529 kills with 439 headshots @ 5 kills per minute.. Raaaage!
  • Dragoon90
    After further investigation from the community you are deemed guilty as charged. Case closed.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That ribeyrolles is just a headshot machine huh?

In his defence, this does not prove his account wasn’t hacked.
    It was obviously the weapon the hacker choose...

But lets get real.. ofcourse it was him who cheated and not some “hacker”.

It’s probably the reason he also never reached rank 20 in bf1.
    If you love the franchise that much, why stop at rank 19?
  • StarscreamUK
    7177 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    closed.

There is no appeal on the forum for this. TOS are your only recourse.
This discussion has been closed.