Why do I come here?

Gforce81
3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm honestly starting to wonder why I even bother. The meaningful discussion about weapons is gone, the back and forth about tactics is gone.

All that's left is constant vitriol, negativity, pointing fingers, people hoping for the demise of what is supposed to be a cherished game franchise of theirs. It kinda pulls me down. I'd watch the news if I wanted that crap back in my life.

Comments

• Trokey66
    7308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That's the 'core' community for you.
  • HonestSoul333
    1393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I ask my self the same thing all the time. And im 100% off topic so its super dull.

Guess im hanging on to what was, hoping it will be like that again one day...
  • tempo_rarity
    832 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been trying to mid-air collide my SUAV into Enemy UCAV's that I spot -- it seems like it'll work but I dunno . . .

I'm still looking forward to stabbing someone with an Icicle in Op. Whiteout , and in what it'll say on the Killfeed .

Speaking of ice . . .
    If the ice is broken at the watery doorways to Hammerhead's B/C and the Enemy is massing there trying to enter , go for a swim to the ice edge .
    Yes , it's OUTSIDE but yes also -- you will have never seen so many Enemy backs turned to you -- NO ONE expects this icy dip .
    C4 games there are especially fun too .

. . .

Run with this :

The Forum is like a 'Gold Mine' chock full of valuable information 'nuggets' strewn everywhere .
    It's full of 'rich' Veteran miners but still has a high number of newer miners looking to fill their needs as well .
    Some veterans actually disperse and drop the nuggets they've found so that they'll be re-found again .
    Some just drop 'litter' and 'garbage' .

It's pretty much impossible to tell a litterbug not to litter though , so I'd say we'll always see that stuff laying around this 'mine' .
    The trick may be in training the eye into NOT seeing it , giving it weight or even allowing it any memory space .
    A much better trick is transfiguration -- it's easy to turn their garbage into gold with this most-easiest of tricks :
    See the negativity that OTHERS bring here and decide YOU'LL never do the same .

. . .

"Say , this is a NICE Forum you got here"
    Thanks , here's a gaslight helmet , mind your step . . .
    :tongue:
  • robmcewen
    2883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    I'm honestly starting to wonder why I even bother. The meaningful discussion about weapons is gone, the back and forth about tactics is gone.

All that's left is constant vitriol, negativity, pointing fingers, people hoping for the demise of what is supposed to be a cherished game franchise of theirs. It kinda pulls me down. I'd watch the news if I wanted that crap back in my life.

I know what you mean, used to come here for tips and tactics (and a little bit of trolling from time to time when a draft thread would appear if truth be told). But the last few months, the forum has been very negative and it would be a lie if I claimed I wasn’t apart of the negativity. So I should probably be a bit more constructive when I post stuff, or try at least to left the mod.
  • Vespervin
    1196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wonder the same myself. I only ever come to the off topic section, I never go into the other ones. It's the same for the Battlefront forums as well - only off topic. I guess it's because during the Battlelog days I had the most fun in the off topic section?
  • HonestSoul333
    1393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To be fair these forums have been like this as long as ive been here.
    Even back in the bf3 days people just bashed everyone over anything and only the super no life players could post their opinions and not be judged.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ooof

Gotta love patch day
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

But havent you seen the "whats your K/D"-thread explode this week... It was glorious...!
  • spartanx169x
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I ask myself the same thing. Why bother.....