It's time Microsoft buys DICE !

solarriors
80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Hello smart people :)

It's quite a hot topic to post on EA's own forum, but one has to be daring enough.
Hoping the CEO or some high level officer reads it, because it doesn't need any explanation and it totally makes sense.

Microsoft as a forward looking company and switching to a very pro consumer friendly policy, seeing the enormous potential it has for their entertainment and gaming portfolio, it wouldn't want to waste time and rather invest good willed resources in getting DICE more and more involved within the Microsoft and Xbox's line of products and philosophy ranges.

Let to EA, DICE is definitely doomed, this is a quite a certain faith. Considering the genuine knowledge and skill of DiCE studios, especially Stockholm, it would be a huge mistake not to initiate any action to gain ownership. It would also be a critical loss to the video game culture and legacy.

Now Microsoft has the opportunity to get of one the most advanced gaming engine and profit of some of the most engaged developers and their community and fan base.

Not to mention the ability to revive legendary IPs like Rallisport Challenge or Midtown Madness, include their spirit in Forza franchise and spruce up some of their shooters with a very advanced engine, and even opening a new serie of real life based shooter or RPG to enter with a heavy and powerful hand in this major market.
Actually after a thorough play-though the potential of making an open-world shooter out of Battlefield and Frost's Engine, something more and better than Just Cause, Mercenaries and Ubisoft's Open-Worlds like Far Cry (as a 1st person open world shooter) and Tom Clancy's titles.

I really believe this will totally pay off. Economically, Socially, Industrially and Technologically

Regards

Comments

• alienstout
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I doubt this would be a thing and maybe not a good thing if it did happen. Granted, Sony owns a lot of developers and has great exclusives so who knows.
  • Popa2caps
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    solarriors wrote: »

It's quite a hot topic to post on EA's own forum, but one has to be daring enough.
    Hoping the CEO or some high level officer reads it, because it doesn't need any explanation and it totally makes sense.

Microsoft as a forward looking company and switching to a very pro consumer friendly policy, seeing the enormous potential it has for their entertainment and gaming portfolio, it wouldn't want to waste time and rather invest good willed resources in getting DICE more and more involved within the Microsoft and Xbox's line of products and philosophy ranges.

Let to EA, DICE is definitely doomed, this is a quite a certain faith. Considering the genuine knowledge and skill of DiCE studios, especially Stockholm, it would be a huge mistake not to initiate any action to gain ownership. It would also be a critical loss to the video game culture and legacy.

Now Microsoft has the opportunity to get of one the most advanced gaming engine and profit of some of the most engaged developers and their community and fan base.

Not to mention the ability to revive legendary IPs like Rallisport Challenge or Midtown Madness, include their spirit in Forza franchise and spruce up some of their shooters with a very advanced engine, and even opening a new serie of real life based shooter or RPG to enter with a heavy and powerful hand in this major market.
    Actually after a thorough play-though the potential of making an open-world shooter out of Battlefield and Frost's Engine, something more and better than Just Cause, Mercenaries and Ubisoft's Open-Worlds like Far Cry (as a 1st person open world shooter) and Tom Clancy's titles.

I really believe this will totally pay off. Economically, Socially, Industrially and Technologically

Regards

Not to go off topic on your post OP, but i would like to have Microsoft buy Valve over EA Dice. Only thing i would like to see from Dice is Battlefield using a different game engine. I've always disliked the lighting in the series. Now that i think of it, Microsoft gets Dice, Dice can't use frostbite, i like the idea of this now!

Microsoft call up your EA friends, Battlefield should be ported right meow!
    #microsoftbuydice
  • LOLGotYerTags
    10431 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Moved to off topic section.
  • wc138
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    solarriors wrote: »

Regards

Man, it's a good thing you posted this. Especially here. I'm sure the Microsoft CEO who browses this forum for ideas on which companies to buy is going to see this and flip for your idea. Then, the EA CEO who browses the forum is going to hang his head and be like "this guy is right. the customer is always right. i better sell DICE to microsoft."

Congratulations from all of us for saving DICE and Battlefield!
  • solarriors
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    Oh yes. Thanks for the correction.
    #microsoftbuydice . Definitely, they have to outsmart EA
    @wc138 : maybe I'm not just a simple customer, have a higher degree academical education and other knowledge and skills. Well, tell me how your post is supposed to be understood, I interpreted it as sarcastic.