Planes make no sense.

Wesker4755
15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I'm seriously confused. How is it that when I use planes it does little to no damage. But when I get hit it is massive damage. I've gotten right behind planes in fighter and layed into them... and it does like 10 damage total. There are other times where I'm behind an attack plane in a fighter I hit them hard with guns then they turn and I accidentally run into them. I'm stuck in them but even when hitting them point plank range it does next to nothing. Then they kill me within seconds and it says their vehicle condition is about 70%. What am I missing here?

Comments

• EdwinSpangler
    1758 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Practice practice practice!! Then some more practice..
  • StreliziaDeWitt
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still got a long way to go myself with practice. :(
  • Wulf_Trix
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    Oops.
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wesker4755 wrote: »
    I'm seriously confused. How is it that when I use planes it does little to no damage. But when I get hit it is massive damage. I've gotten right behind planes in fighter and layed into them... and it does like 10 damage total. There are other times where I'm behind an attack plane in a fighter I hit them hard with guns then they turn and I accidentally run into them. I'm stuck in them but even when hitting them point plank range it does next to nothing. Then they kill me within seconds and it says their vehicle condition is about 70%. What am I missing here?

Are you sure you are actually hitting them or just shooting near them?
  • henbaoqian
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Wesker4755 wrote: »

Planes are extremely powerful angels of death in this game. After you properly learn to roll in the sky, watch around your self (proper use of keyboard, if you use one), make the minimap your friend - you will be close to invincible, with scores like 55/3 every conquest game. Planes are rarely or almost never countered with AA fire (most of players does not know where these are located, except spawn area AA, usually), there is very low chance your opponent will be second Manfred von Richthofen. In 7 out of 10 games you will meet clost to zero or no resistance at all, it is just painful sometimes to see these poor people being wiped out because whole team has no idea how to use AA.

The only trouble I really cannot counter is very good fighter pilot - they know how to shoot from far away, the do not approach you too close, etc.

Couple of tips I would give you, if you do not mind:

1/ Try to play outside of the squad :( Unfortunately, 99% of gunners or wannabe-gunners are plain ****. They shoot infantry from the tail gun, doing zero or 1-2 hp dmg, at the same time attracting AA or support weapon back fire. This is death for the whole plane squad, esp. if plane is like 10 hp, trying to repair and these guys start to shoot a support on the ground, whose range is like 1 km or so, they can shoot you from across the map. I do not know how many times I was killed because of these, 200 times? Probably. Good gunner is a gem, praise them and thenk them, really, it is huge difference. In case you have a person who understands basic, ask them to NEVER shoot infantry on the ground and only planes.

2/ Minimap is your friend, have you zoom in zoom out buttoms close. Also, search for some tips re minimap, in general you can adjust your flight zoom radius, that will increase your visibility on the map. Allows for very quick detection of attacking planes, can switch seats or warn the gunner quicker.

3/ Learn to escape the attacking plane. There is no perfect solution, but in general mild constant rolling to one side, a little bit upwards will allow you to escape in 8 out of 10 situations. I do not know how to explain it properly, there are some YT videos on this. It is not difficult, more of a staying calm, not panicking etc.

4/ Spot spot spot. Most wannabe-pros will tell you 3d spotting is lame, but well,I do not really care what they say. These are people who constantly cry that B4 w4s so 1337 etc, Not sure what they do in BF1 then, anyway - 3d spotting is there, it is useful so use it.
  • trip1ex
    4486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    you gotta learn where to hit enemy planes and make sure you're hitting them and have the right upgrades and even the right plane.