What's the best mode for solo play?

Jonny_ChaosMCR
1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Without exaggerating i'd say this is the worst BF game i've ever played alone. I only play Conquest but it's just absolutely horribly boring to play on your own. I've tried to get into it and played for a good amount of hours now but I just really don't like it. It's okay when i'm with mates but it feels like they actually intentionally made this game so it wasn't fun to play alone. By alone I just mean in a random squad with no communication.

Are there any modes that are more fun to play? Just when you're not with your mates cos I only ever get online with my mates about 20% of the time. Or is this game really as much of a write off as everyone says it is

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    7017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As someone who enjoys playing solo so much I drop smoke whenever my squad is near me and run in the opposite direction. Everytime I do that I lose them.

If you enjoy playing with people drop health or ammo instead and people will want to play with you and you can make new friends to play with this way.

I prefer the smoke idea.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Just create one man squad and make it private. Its good for sniper camping and planes in conquest.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11558 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tdm is excellent solo. Breakthrough is also fun. Then again, I can play conquest or grand ops without Le Squad.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been enjoying Breakthrough a lot surprisingly

I was a Conquest junkie in BF1, but it's not quite the same in V.

Curious to see what "Squad Conquest" turns out to be.
  • fortress66
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Without exaggerating i'd say this is the worst BF game i've ever played alone. I only play Conquest but it's just absolutely horribly boring to play on your own. I've tried to get into it and played for a good amount of hours now but I just really don't like it. It's okay when i'm with mates but it feels like they actually intentionally made this game so it wasn't fun to play alone. By alone I just mean in a random squad with no communication.

Are there any modes that are more fun to play? Just when you're not with your mates cos I only ever get online with my mates about 20% of the time. Or is this game really as much of a write off as everyone says it is

deathmatch!!
  • BaronVonGoon
    7017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Tdm is excellent solo. Breakthrough is also fun. Then again, I can play conquest or grand ops without Le Squad.

Btw loq isn't cleaning after himself at the Breakfast Club, he's leaving crumbs everywhere.
    Gforce81 wrote: »

I haven't tried it. Aren't alot of the rounds one-sided?
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Btw loq isn't cleaning after himself at the Breakfast Club, he's leaving crumbs everywhere.

Eh, kinda depends on the map and sectors. Attacking Hamada, 1st 2 sectors go pretty quick, but MAN it's a rough battle for the last...

There might be some that are pretty off balance, but not a big increase from the matches that are already unbalanced in CQ for example
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    There's a couple of maps I don't mind solo, Devastation, Aerodrome and Rotterdam but the open maps just don't suit my playstyle and it's amplified when i'm not running together as a squad. Does TDM involve the entire map in this game or is it just a small section like previous BF's?
  • TEKNOCODE
    11558 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

He sickens me...

There's a couple of maps I don't mind solo, Devastation, Aerodrome and Rotterdam but the open maps just don't suit my playstyle and it's amplified when i'm not running together as a squad. Does TDM involve the entire map in this game or is it just a small section like previous BF's?

Small section, albeit slightly larger in bfv.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2066 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I only touch Conquest solo if the daily assignments dictate it. I've found Frontlines often works really well solo, given that you end up in at least half-competent team that doesn't get rolled over.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As someone who enjoys playing solo so much I drop smoke whenever my squad is near me and run in the opposite direction. Everytime I do that I lose them.

If you enjoy playing with people drop health or ammo instead and people will want to play with you and you can make new friends to play with this way.

I prefer the smoke idea.

Dude you’re on Xbox right? I’m a soloist too you lack of respect for team play inspires me!! 😍
  • Tullzter
    1218 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like Conquest and that's mainly what i play. breakthrough is too short sadly and Grand Ops is too unbalanced
  • villet4x
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Solo play doesnt require specific game mode, if your skilled player no need any specific game mode you can manage it everywhere. This game is all about team play etc. But you should solo when team/squad sucks.