Weekly Debrief

Fear the old blood

Gforce81
3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I've been replaying Bloodborne recently, and can I just say this game is fantastic.

Love it, fantastic tangent off the Souls series

Going for heavy arcane power this time around, see how it goes.

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    11070 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would have liked it more with an Xbox style controller. One was released well after I sold the PS4.

I might give Sekiro a try given the era.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6859 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah the thing is I bought Dark Souls 3, my first Dark Souls ever. You know the first boss? Known as the 'tutorial boss'? I couldn't kill him. 50 tries? I quit. I still have the game somewhere, haven't touched it in a year. I'm waiting for them to introduce an "Easy' mode. Or cheats. Didn't single player games used to have cheats?

It's too effng hard.
  • Gforce81
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I would have liked it more with an Xbox style controller. One was released well after I sold the PS4.

I would encourage you to look into Sekiro before committing. If the era itself is what the main draw is, then you can't go wrong. But if you're expecting a japanse-y Soul's game, you might be disappointed

FROM SOFTWARE was pretty clear that DS3 was the last "Souls" style game they were interested in making. Sekiro has no RPG elements, or character development, no builds.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11070 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

I would encourage you to look into Sekiro before committing. If the era itself is what the main draw is, then you can't go wrong. But if you're expecting a japanse-y Soul's game, you might be disappointed

FROM SOFTWARE was pretty clear that DS3 was the last "Souls" style game they were interested in making. Sekiro has no RPG elements, or character development, no builds.

It’s the era for sure. I’m not the biggest rpg fan, so I’m glad that it’s been reduced (I believe it’s still there, just not as hardcore as souls/bloodborne).
  • Gforce81
    Yeah the thing is I bought Dark Souls 3, my first Dark Souls ever. You know the first boss? Known as the 'tutorial boss'? I couldn't kill him. 50 tries? I quit. I still have the game somewhere, haven't touched it in a year. I'm waiting for them to introduce an "Easy' mode. Or cheats. Didn't single player games used to have cheats?

It's too effng hard.

LOL yes, I remember Iudex. Souls games are crazy unforgiving. If you ever are interested in going back, I would recommend sword and shield and DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND.

DS1 was my first Souls game and it was soooo frustrating. Quit it twice before I started getting the hang of it. All about finding the weakness in the enemies, managing your health and stamina, and maximizing your weapons
  • Gforce81
    Gforce81 wrote: »

It’s the era for sure. I’m not the biggest rpg fan, so I’m glad that it’s been reduced (I believe it’s still there, just not as hardcore as souls/bloodborne).

Eh, I'm the complete opposite actually. Kinda deflated to find out how different it truly is. More of a stealth-action style game than what you might expect for a Souls game
  • DisguisedMike
    431 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got all the trophies for Bloodborne. This game is amazing.

I never played Dark Souls and when Bloodborne came out I rented it and I instantly hated it. I didn't even make it to the first boss before I gave up and I just told myself that it wasn't my style of games. I was wrong because after Sony gave us the game on PS+ last year I gave it another shot and couldn't stop playing until I finished it. This game is fantastic on so many level. I probably died hundreds of times, I know that I suck and that I should git gud but that didn't stop me from loving this game. Everything can be overcome with perseverance and there's nothing more satisfying than finally killing bosses that killed you over and over again.

Great level design, great gameplay, great challenge. Bloodborne really deserves all the praise it gets.

If you like the game you should definitely buy the dlc, those boss fights are brutal.
  • Gforce81
    I got all the trophies for Bloodborne. This game is amazing.

I never played Dark Souls and when Bloodborne came out I rented it and I instantly hated it. I didn't even make it to the first boss before I gave up and I just told myself that it wasn't my style of games. I was wrong because after Sony gave us the game on PS+ last year I gave it another shot and couldn't stop playing until I finished it. This game is fantastic on so many level. I probably died hundreds of times, I know that I suck and that I should git gud but that didn't stop me from loving this game. Everything can be overcome with perseverance and there's nothing more satisfying than finally killing bosses that killed you over and over again.

Great level design, great gameplay, great challenge. Bloodborne really deserves all the praise it gets.

If you like the game you should definitely buy the dlc, those boss fights are brutal.

Oh man trust me, I'm all over that Old Hunters DLC. Just finished my "sprint" to Hemwick so I could blast into the DLC and grab a couple DLC weapons I wanted to use moving forwards. Trying out a Bloodtinge/ Arcane build, but I may have to abandon the Bloodtinge part. Just too unreliable as far as damage goes. Blood starved was PAINFUL w/o a decently scaling weapon.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5653 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It's too effng hard.

Should have started with DS1. That game is more fun and honestly way better compared to DS3.
  • Toxic_CA
    902 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I couldn't get into the dark souls series but I loved bloodborne