Hellriegel.... Wow

Wesker4755
15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Finally got around to unlocking it and all I can say is wow. Just wow. This thing is beyond broken, did they really think this on through? Huge magazine which is bigger than a good portion of the LMGs especially the defensive variant. Decent rate of fire, good hipfire, crazy accuracy with little recoil. I find the excuses people come up with to defend it hilarious. "Well you have to be rank 10 to unlock it" So? Like that makes any difference. All the other rank 10 class unlocks aren't easy to dominate with. Take Scout for instance, with the Martini-Henry. 1 shot, slow rate of fire, slow reload. Compared to all other rifles it is more of a novelty. "So what if it has 60 rounds? Most LMGs have more." True, but you can't run around hip firing LMGs with a good level of success. Most LMGs have crazy high recoil if not using bipod. but with this all you have to do is spray. LMGs take forever to reload while this takes no time at all. And yet people still go on like it is some "high skill" weapon, that only pros can use to any degree of effectiveness. I certainly won't be using it anymore, I like my games with a bit of challenge. Feels like something ripped straight from Call of Duty.

Comments

• ThunderTaters
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    High skill” weapon

Lmao. You should do stand up.
  • Titan_Awaken
    498 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    High skill” weapon

Lmao. You should do stand up.

OP is not saying it is a high-skill weapon. They are criticising others for calling it a 'high-skill' weapon.

Just clearing some stuff up.

--

OP,

Comparatively speaking, yes the Hellriegel does outweigh the other Rank 10 unlocks by a noticeable margin. That cannot be denied. The main reason why Assaults are drawn to it is that it is an all-rounder weapon with decent stats. But its biggest advantage is also its biggest flaw - it is an all-rounder weapon, meaning that it doesn't excel at anything particular.

It's moderate in all its statistics (except for the magazine capacity): Moderate accuracy, moderate recoil/control, moderate TTK (despite having a decently high fire rate/RPM) and moderate damage.

It's my most used weapon atm at 680 kills (I don't really main one single class or weapon) but recently I have found that it pales in comparison to the SMG 08/18 so there's really no incentive to go back to the Hellriegel, at least for me.
  • ronybaloney
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I actually like the Ribeye optical better. I was just never that impressed with the Hellriegal. On the PS4 I actually dodn't see many use it anymore. I die alot more from MP18 and those damn shotguns than I do from the Hellriegal.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6245 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just unlocked ? Two years too late on this convo
  • ronybaloney
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

No. It means new players coming on board. Good news as more people realize BFV is garbage.
  • SlugSniper
    1012 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

No. It means new players coming on board. Good news as more people realize BFV is garbage.

Yay and hoorah of epic proportions :sunglasses:
  • mongoeasy
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I actually like the Ribeye optical better. I was just never that impressed with the Hellriegal. On the PS4 I actually dodn't see many use it anymore. I die alot more from MP18 and those damn shotguns than I do from the Hellriegal.
    Same on XB: very little Hellreigel deaths. Depending on mood and map I choose between MP18, SMG, Ribey or one of the shotguns. And don't forget the AT rocket for contra sniping ;-)

• Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hellriegel was OP at launch, nowadays it's nowhere near as good after being nerfed 3 or 4 times from memory. The SMG08 whoops it's **** in every single way.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1941 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hellriegel was OP at launch, nowadays it's nowhere near as good after being nerfed 3 or 4 times from memory. The SMG08 whoops it's **** in every single way.

I only came to this thread for a dose of nostalgia.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    663 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wait until you try the SMG 08 & the Ribey mate.
    Good to see new players still coming to BF1
  • MarxistDictator
    4771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hellriegel was only too good before new TTK and the DLC content was all added, in current SMG terms the Hellriegel (and the Automatico!) have fallen heavily in use since other SMGs outperform them.

The Hellriegel has all bad stats beyond 650 RPM and 60 rounds per magazine. Hipfire, ADS and horizontal recoil are not up to snuff with other SMGs 1v1 so you will usually lose to other assaults.

The Automatico is good but just not worth passing up the close range TTK of the Thompson (they both have dismal range). May as well double down on that CQB.
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MP18, Ribby and SMG 08/18 are better. Hellriegel pre- nerfs was OP at that time but SMG 08/18 is a cross between Automatico and Hellriegel and makes the Hellriegel obsolete imo.
  • ElliotLH
    6797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I legitimately though this thread was going to be a necro someone had resurrected.
  • CS-2107
    1552 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think the only SMG that is arguably to strong is the SMG OP/18. Like others said, it is kinda a cross between Hellriegel and Automatico.

It kinda makes both Automatico and Hellriegel pretty much obsolete. Tho the Automatico has a hipfire advantage.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the MP-18 has become the new HR. I bet I get killed 10X more with the MP-18 than the HR. On XBOX I don't see too many HR users anymore.
  • LH44x3
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Always found the SMG to be more effective for me. The Sentry Killer.
  • robmcewen
    2883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Used the SMG08 a few weeks ago and all I can say is if you think Hellriegel is awesome wait until you use the SMG08, that thing is dirty. Got MVP on argon forest with out bothering to aim the damn gun.
  • OrionPherrit
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A little late to the party, OP, but yeah: People have been protesting the Hellrigger & demanding it be banned by Geneva Convention since the game first appeared on the scene.

Not as effective at close encounters as Tommygun, Automatico fantastico or MiniMaxim, and Ribber or Bergmann MP18 outshoot it at range, however, Helly’s versatility & easy learning curve afford a fighting chance in most situations for minimal skill. Ironically, it might excel on the unforgiving killing fields of BFV, where you really need a CQB blaster & a long-range snipegun at the same time. 🧐

I’m all for including experimental weapons, but come on! A failed prototype shouldn’t be so dominant in a historical campaign, let alone be as ubiquitous as iPhones in the Present Day. That’s like a modern shooter where everybody is using XM8, and more immersion-breaking than increasing the number of female or African soldiers.

I forswore Helly just from cheeze factor and hope EA/Dice will be more judicious with pre-balance before introducing experiments in the new game. Otherwise, we might all have to pick up Hellriegel in BFV just to survive! 😫
  • GerocK-
    628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've always preferred the Mp-18 Trench, it works very well in every map and every encounter.
    -
    Based on my experiences I score about the same with Mp-18 Trench and Hellriegel (kpm 2.7 and accuracy 30%), yet the Mp-18 Trench comes with a bayonet to take out Sentries. That's a huge plus
    -
    The SMG-08 looks like it destroys both though (kpm 3.3), but I haven't played with that weapon on larger maps yet. So I can't much about it.