Fixed camera in aircraft: failing the basics!

TheBladeOfNyx
postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I feel as though I have to throw my shilling in here. I find it infuriating that DICE failed, at the most basic level, to understand Aerial combat. Having the camera fixed behind the aircraft (unless you are in the passenger's gunner position) severely and disastrously impacts a player's ability to fly an aircraft of any type effectively. How can one be expected to stay alive for more than ten seconds if they cannot even check their 6 o'clock to see if they are being pursued? The human head is not fixed in a forward facing position. It can rotate. Therefore the camera should be able to as well.

And whilst we are on the subject, if you are being pursued it should be possible to out manoeuvre an opponent especially if that opponent is flying a Stuka and you are in a Spitfire! It should not be possible to remain glued to an enemy's 6 o'clock and pepper them until dead if they are in an aircraft which, by design, is a faster turning or faster moving aircraft than your own.

These are basic mechanics that should have been one of the first considerations when the decision to include aircraft in the gameplay was made. Please can we help ensure that these problems are rectified as soon as possible? Preferably with the next update.

Comments

• Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 9
    I feel as though I have to throw my shilling in here. I find it infuriating that DICE failed, at the most basic level, to understand Aerial combat. Having the camera fixed behind the aircraft (unless you are in the passenger's gunner position) severely and disastrously impacts a player's ability to fly an aircraft of any type effectively. How can one be expected to stay alive for more than ten seconds if they cannot even check their 6 o'clock to see if they are being pursued? The human head is not fixed in a forward facing position. It can rotate. Therefore the camera should be able to as well.

And whilst we are on the subject, if you are being pursued it should be possible to out manoeuvre an opponent especially if that opponent is flying a Stuka and you are in a Spitfire! It should not be possible to remain glued to an enemy's 6 o'clock and pepper them until dead if they are in an aircraft which, by design, is a faster turning or faster moving aircraft than your own.

These are basic mechanics that should have been one of the first considerations when the decision to include aircraft in the gameplay was made. Please can we help ensure that these problems are rectified as soon as possible? Preferably with the next update.

Click your left stick in. Your welcome.

I am not having any issue with dropping tails. If your in a bomber switch seats and wreck the plane behind you. If yours in a fighter than you need to use the terrain and friendly AA. Dropping tails should not be easy.

edit: might be right stick click. I never remember haha. But one does nothing the other gives you the rear view.