DICE come out with battleroyal in feb and sales will soar

Comments

• warslag
    1176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If Firestorm gets rave reviews then, trust me, it will sky rocket.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People seem to miss the point, Battleroyale is a big thing and their are people devoted to that only game mode.
    So, i guarantee that if Battlefield V does a good job then people that are here for tge battleroyale, will most likely play that game mode exclusively. Same, with how most people play Blackout only and not the core game of Blackops 4
  • wc138
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't care much about battleroyale modes. I don't get why they're so popular, despite watching my own child funnel lots of time and chore money into Fortnite. I'm a long-time BF player, since I discovered 1942 by chance and fell in love, and the modes I love don't fit into the battleroyale mode.

With all that being said, I'm both hopeful and apprehensive about the mode. I hope it funnels money in so that studio is pushed to work on the games quality and pushed to fix a lot of the issues. I'm apprehensive because I've been with the series long enough to know that EA pushes changes dependent on where the money is at the time, and it's often at expense of what their actual players want. So I'm waiting for it to make them money and have them ignore multiplayer in favor of shelling out everything into Firestorm.

• HawkeyeAM47
    1236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »
    I don't care much about battleroyale modes. I don't get why they're so popular, despite watching my own child funnel lots of time and chore money into Fortnite. I'm a long-time BF player, since I discovered 1942 by chance and fell in love, and the modes I love don't fit into the battleroyale mode.

With all that being said, I'm both hopeful and apprehensive about the mode. I hope it funnels money in so that studio is pushed to work on the games quality and pushed to fix a lot of the issues. I'm apprehensive because I've been with the series long enough to know that EA pushes changes dependent on where the money is at the time, and it's often at expense of what their actual players want. So I'm waiting for it to make them money and have them ignore multiplayer in favor of shelling out everything into Firestorm.

Exactly!
  • SirTerrible
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's DOA if they still want it to be squad-only.
  • DavTan
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Look at all the people on here moaning about what they describe as camping in the normal game... From what I've seen on fortnite and pubg battle royale games it is all about the camp, it's not going to attract these people is it ?
  • johnojohnson
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    DavTan wrote: »
    Look at all the people on here moaning about what they describe as camping in the normal game... From what I've seen on fortnite and pubg battle royale games it is all about the camp, it's not going to attract these people is it ?

lol I am not sure about Fortnite as I have never played it , but PUBG is not about camping actually it is the opposite as you are forever running trying to get into the zone, every now and then you may land in an area and the zone closes in on you but it is quite rare. And for experienced PUBG players after about a year most would run to the shooting looking for some action, so we will just wait and see what firestorm brings and how they implement it , if it is good it is a plus even for those not interested in it as revenue and interest should flow back down to the core game and if it flops it shouldnt really affect those that only play core game so it is a win win imo
  • parkingbrake
    2187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice if you guys come out with your take on Battle royal its guaranteed to get you guys a ton of sales. People are already tired of blackout and already going back to PUBG and Fortnite. I guarantee if you guys do this it will be a hit, get the big twitch streamers to stream and there is guranteed some new sales . keep your head up fellas
    Sales will soar? LOL, PUBG has lost two thirds of its players in less than a year, partly for technical reasons but also because BR doesn't make every other form of shooter obsolete, many folks still want to play Conquest, Rush, Domination etc. PUBG is a brilliant game design that was unfortunately in the hands of an inexperienced developer, but it was also somewhat of a fad.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No, not really. The addition of one mode won't change a thing regarding sales.
    Also, if people want to play BR, they can play a proper game designed for that not some mode in battlefield.

I really disagree here.
    PUBG is sooo clunky, i am pretty sure DICE can make the perfect BR with their smooth game design.

Eventhough i am dissapointed in Bfv due to lack of renewing i am always amazed how such a good looking game can feel so smooth with 140+ fps.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People are getting tired of 'game x' and are going back to PUBG and Fortnite...

Same thing will happen with BFV.

If I wanted to play a BR game, I'd already be playing it.

Fix what we've got, bring back BF1 Operations. Next time around, concentrate on making a great game, perhaps taking some small, but brave steps towards the realism the game wants to express.

Just concentrate on the game, not on media attention.
  • DavTan
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DavTan wrote: »

lol I am not sure about Fortnite as I have never played it , but PUBG is not about camping actually it is the opposite as you are forever running trying to get into the zone, every now and then you may land in an area and the zone closes in on you but it is quite rare. And for experienced PUBG players after about a year most would run to the shooting looking for some action, so we will just wait and see what firestorm brings and how they implement it , if it is good it is a plus even for those not interested in it as revenue and interest should flow back down to the core game and if it flops it shouldnt really affect those that only play core game so it is a win win imo

I see what you mean but many sit and wait until the last moment to move for that circle and shoot those that move early... from a concealed position.
    All I know is from the few times I've watched it it seemed like hunt for weapons then camp then run/move then camp then run/move then camp.
    But maybe I'm wrong.
  • IllIllIII
    4245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People are getting tired of 'game x' and are going back to PUBG and Fortnite...

Same thing will happen with BFV.

If I wanted to play a BR game, I'd already be playing it.

Fix what we've got, bring back BF1 Operations. Next time around, concentrate on making a great game, perhaps taking some small, but brave steps towards the realism the game wants to express.

Just concentrate on the game, not on media attention.

It’s not media attention... Fortnite had 200 million registered users
    Pubg over 50 million.
    Obviously it is what gamers like.

Get out of your comfortzone...
  • munkt0r
    3008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoy the concept personally. I hated Fortnite, but that's mostly the cartoony bunny-hopping macro building nonsense. A more traditional shooter in said "design concept" could be fun.
  • American_Outlaw
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited January 11
    Who gives a (insert cuss word here) about Firestorm honestly... I want more maps that aren't wide open sniperfest's
  • IllIllIII
    munkt0r wrote: »
    I enjoy the concept personally. I hated Fortnite, but that's mostly the cartoony bunny-hopping macro building nonsense. A more traditional shooter in said "design concept" could be fun.

I always cared alot about graphics and still do, but it doesn’t bother me in Fortnite.
    I know it is a matter of taste, but Fortnite is probably the best designed game i have ever played (play).
  • LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice if you guys come out with your take on Battle royal its guaranteed to get you guys a ton of sales. People are already tired of blackout and already going back to PUBG and Fortnite. I guarantee if you guys do this it will be a hit, get the big twitch streamers to stream and there is guranteed some new sales . keep your head up fellas
    Sales will soar? LOL, PUBG has lost two thirds of its players in less than a year, partly for technical reasons but also because BR doesn't make every other form of shooter obsolete, many folks still want to play Conquest, Rush, Domination etc. PUBG is a brilliant game design that was unfortunately in the hands of an inexperienced developer, but it was also somewhat of a fad.

Fortnite is a huge and very profitable fad.

I wonder if EA Is thinking of a similar route that Epic did with Fortnite - the original Fortnite was a coop tower defence type game that wasn’t that you bought and wasn’t that popular. They saw the popularity of PUBG and released their take on it for free with micro-transactions and the rest is history.

EA has a couple of options:
    (1) Make it a traditional game mode like we have at the moment and see if that pulls in the punters - if it doesn’t then
    (2) Go down the Fortnite route and make it a stand-alone and free download and try and grab the micro-transactions crowd and hope it encourages people to buy the rest of the game as a happy byproduct.
  • alienstout
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Nah, they can go play Fortnite for free and have less cheaters on it to boot.
  • trip1ex
    4161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The good thing about BR in this game is it will actually be a different mode lol.

I mean Domination, Conquest, Frontlines, Breaththrough, Airborne and TDM are all the same mode.

Still I figure this thing will soar like an Ostrich. But one never knows. Yes for all the Jim Carreys out there, there is a chance.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    Damn, I feel that some ifnyiu guys can care less about the battle royal fad, and believe me im one of those. But, us fans that currently own this game is very few, and guaranteed DICE is in damage control. So, what im trying to say is if this game mode is done right, it is guaranteed to bring people. The reason I also say its good for these streamers to play it, us because these dudes have massive followings, and most people are their to watch them play battle royal tyoe games.
  • dayglowfroggy
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How is br mode going to be different to the rearly seen final stand mode.
    I have played it twice and it did change the game allot suddenly everyone was very cautious and medic was Mr popular.